BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Your Choice of Whiskey.

Beer fags need not apply. I've been getting dragged to random bars/etc lately, and I've been getting frustrated at how hard it is to find a good drink at these places. Beer is a horrible drink, but it seems the places I've gone to, and the people I've been around lately, only do beer and the like. Well, just a side story that kind of got me on this mindset, obviously I could seek out an decent bar if I wanted to, but meh.

Random story, one of these places I asked for an old fashion and they had no idea what that was, so I just asked for a scotch, but they didnt have any, so I asked for whatever whiskey they had, but they only had jack, and could only do shot glasses lol.

In any case, I know most of the people here fit the beer demographic, but how about the rest of yall? Whats your favorite type of whiskey (and brand if youre so inclined), and how do you take it (straight up, neat/straight, on rocks, mixed, shot)?

I personally favor Scotch on the rocks, but ill go neat if it's a good quality whiskey; I dont tend to favor any particular brand. I dont really like mixing whiskey, but every now and then an old fashioned sounds good. I also think jack daniels is a horrible whiskey.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Scoth

Bushmill's, Jameson, Maker's Mark, Bulleit Bourbon.

nomnomnom.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

I'll take Jameson when it's available. I like to switch it up and go to Hennesey every so often. I take Jack/Jim for mixed drinks only.

I really like http://www.travelinireland.com/pictu...lamore-dew.jpg neat,

but I drink Woodford, Knob, and Makers too.

E. Body
    BG Level

Alright, first off, chill with the beer fag shit -- I love beer, and I really love scotch. Liking one or the other isn't mutually exclusive. Some people that like beer can't fathom drinking scotch -- that's just their stance. So chill out, dude.

As far as scotch, I've really liked Balvenie Doublewood 12 year recently, and in the fall last year I bought a bottle of Bunnahabhain that I really enjoyed.

@ OP: Have you tried beer with lime or beer that already has lime flavor in it?

I'm some what like you and prefer harder drinks, but I do beer if that's all they have and the lime shit is pretty good.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

if the bars you go to suck so much why don't you pour your own

ps liquor is for women

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

TN or gtfo. Seriously, everything else is shit-tier.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

Alberta Premium.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I do consider myself a beer fag. Nevertheless, I can enjoy a good whiskey at times, although what kind differs depending on my mood. If I just want to get drunk and angry I will drink jim beam/crown/. If I want to actually enjoy the whiskey I will drink a single malt, although my favorite kind is MacCutcheon =)

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Yukon Jack and ginger ale - goes down extremely smooth, and will fuck you up with the quickness.

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

I love good Scotch or Irish whiskey, but I just can't afford to have it around except on very special occasions.

My typical drinking whiskey is Alberta Springs Canadian whiskey. Not very fancy or complex but smooth and enjoyable to drink. Makes an ace Manhattan too.

blev

my personal favorite is jack daniels single barrel straight, but i'll drink about anything that's free lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Being from Kentucky, i naturally have a .08 bourbon/blood ratio, but when i want to increase that I generally go for Benchmark. Yes, its cheap. about 9 bucks for a 5th. However, for a cheap and pretty good bourbon it's the way to go. It's very rare you can find an 8-year aged bourbon for that price. When I have a ton of money (which is never) I prefer Elijah Craig 18-year single malt. It is high dollar, but insanely delicious. Most bourbons are intended to be taken on the rocks, however if you have a less potent beverage, you can go neat and enjoy more of the flavor.

Yea no idea what the hate is for beer drinkers lol. Plenty of complexities with drinking beer just like there can be with liquor and wines.

I like me some bourbon though. Jameson is pretty good too, I'll take Irish over Scotch whiskey any day. I like brandy/cognacs for sipping more than whiskey, but those two are pretty much the only things I will drink straight and not gag after I'm done.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Oooh boy, I love me some whiskey. Whiskey Old-fashioned is quite possibly the greatest/manliest cocktail ever. Anywhoo, loved me some Jameson and bourbon since I started drinking but in the last ~month I've been really digging scotch. Macallan/Glenlivet probably my favorites of the ones I've tried.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Knob, Canadian Club, Alberta Springs.

Banned.

BG Level

Scotch first, Irish whiskey second. It generally depends on the situation. If I just want something to sip on while at home I'll usually have a good scotch like Johnny Walker Gold. If it's a special occasion I'll spend a couple bills on Midleton or another 18-20 year Irish Whiskey, or if I'm at an Irish bar I'll sip on a Jameson with my Smithwicks.

Sometimes it's also the mood I'm in or the season. Scotch is great for the winter due to the heavier spice and oak notes where Irish whiskey is generally better in the spring with it's notes of cocoa, honey, and flora.

I can't stand the sourness of Canadian whiskey and I've tried a few. Bourbon is ok but I really need to be in the mood, I tend to like the pencil lead bourbons over the cherry oak ones. Stranahans made here in Colorado is actually a damn fine bourbon.

I've never tried Japanese whiskey although I've been tempted a few times, anyone have any thoughts on it?

MOOSE VOUCHER
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Have only really had Crown Royal, Wisers, Canadian Club or Alberta Premium, probably have had some other stuff too but wouldn't be able to name it. Mostly mixed with ginger ale, coke, water, whatever I have, except Crown I like on the rocks.

I'll try anything, but I usually go with what I know.

What kind of bar you going to? Like a club? I can't imagine a pub or whatever not having a good selection, a club I could understand they usually keep drinks simple (Except for the girly ones with real fruit that guys can't order cause they'll be made fun of [Even though they're delicious])

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast