Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ToUA OFN BST WTF     submit to reddit submit to twitter

ToUA OFN BST WTF

Source
    BEASTMASTER: Since the last patch, Beastmasters have been unable to perform their usual method of training mobs to a zone, and zoning back in, in order to group them together there and kill them off one by one to level up. The patch, as you may know, now causes trained mobs to disappear, in Square Enix's effort to reduce MPK incidents. While the team hasn't said how it's going to improve the situation for BSTS, which it considers a very strong job class, it is aware of the difficulty this has created for BSTs and is working to improve conditions for the job.
    I don't remember ever training all the mobs to the zone to pick them off one by one to level up.
    Calling it now that SE fucks BST again trying to refix a system that wasn't broken and wasn't BSTs' fault, it was gilsellers that caused the problem in the first place, BST mpk was merely the solution.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Yeh I remember reading that and thinking, wtf that sounds stupid. Everytime I've seen a beastmaster level up in a normal setting they usually fight T-VT mobs near a good pet source, so that they can just:
    Charm Mob A, Attack, Leave...
    Charm Mob B, Attack, Leave...
    Charm Mob A, Attack, Leave... etc.

Re: ToUA OFN BST WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    Source
    BEASTMASTER: Since the last patch, Beastmasters have been unable to perform their usual method of training mobs to a zone, and zoning back in, in order to group them together there and kill them off one by one to level up. The patch, as you may know, now causes trained mobs to disappear, in Square Enix's effort to reduce MPK incidents. While the team hasn't said how it's going to improve the situation for BSTS, which it considers a very strong job class, it is aware of the difficulty this has created for BSTs and is working to improve conditions for the job.
    I don't remember ever training all the mobs to the zone to pick them off one by one to level up.
    Calling it now that SE fucks BST again trying to refix a system that wasn't broken and wasn't BSTs' fault, it was gilsellers that caused the problem in the first place, BST mpk was merely the solution.
    wtf lol... I notice this a lot. They really don't understand the mechanics people adopt to play... They like to think they do, but they really don't. As with previous 'nerfs', they've tried to make jobs more even, and ultimately just screwed up a few times.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just a reason alla noobs bitched to SE about, so that they could nerf BST.

We all know SE listens to alla and KI, but no forum that actually has a higer intellect than a mouse.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I can't wait for them to right my shit Bard skills in a forthcoming patch either. I thought I was really making a difference using Minuet, March and Ballad but singing the same songs, despite the fact that they're the best ones, isn't appropriate.

wtf, "zone mobs to kill them 1 by 1"? What kinda of a shitty bst exp attempt is that? Fight where the mobs are. If you aggro, charm it, tame it, or better yet - be careful. Has anyone actually done that on their bst?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah, cuz my JAs are great, but the WHOLE party needs to benefit from them. I really wanna know where SE is going with these job changes.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Huggo
    Yeah, cuz my JAs are great, but the WHOLE party needs to benefit from them. I really wanna know where SE is going with these job changes.
    Nothing is final yet I dont think... so we'll see where it goes. I dont think any of the changes will be bad, just... um... odd.

I don't understand the point of zoning the mobs, 99% of the mobs i've fought to 'level up' haven't been near a zone. and why would i zone them? the old way they just walked back. if i zoned a bunch of crabs, they will aggro me right back, if i zone a bunch of mandies, they just link the moment i fight one.

It wasn't broke, yet you 'fixed' it. Now that bsts have addapted to the change, you're gonna fuck it all up again.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    I don't understand the point of zoning the mobs, 99% of the mobs i've fought to 'level up' haven't been near a zone. and why would i zone them? the old way they just walked back. if i zoned a bunch of crabs, they will aggro me right back, if i zone a bunch of mandies, they just link the moment i fight one.

It wasn't broke, yet you 'fixed' it. Now that bsts have addapted to the change, you're gonna fuck it all up again.
    I beleive without a doubt, that the dev team do not play FFXI.

Anyway, yes, let's keep SE thinking we zoned mobs and want it back! maybe it means they'll let us keep our pets :D

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

They'll probably do something dumb like remove the charm JA all together and make you use jugpets.

Quote Originally Posted by Marjoly
    They'll probably do something dumb like remove all the charmable mobs.

also.....could we get a GOOD fucking 2 hour fuck.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sefier
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjoly
    They'll probably do something dumb like remove all the charmable mobs.

also.....could we get a GOOD fucking 2 hour fuck.
    Wait, charming a mob for 30 minutes and increasing its power a bit isn't good enough..

most mobs wont last 30min,and the "increased" stats are barely noticable
    i only use it for BCs other wise....its useless imo

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Should make bst 2 hour remove exp loss from pets. Then a bst will be useful 1/4 of the time in exp pt!

I remember seeing a few times BST parties in Cape Terrigan training all the lizards to VoS zone in order to have plenty of pets to fight manticores/raptors. I was told it was decent exp.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

i did a couple bst PTs on smn, i think they used lizards, and dragged them in to fight manticores, decent exp~

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Grizzly Hills

BARD: The FFXI team has noticed that most Bards (in our opinion, rather bad Bard players) have a tendency to cycle the same songs over and over, with little variety (probably Madrigals and Minuets on melee jobs, and Ballad only on mages).
    I found that almost as retarded as the BST "training mobs to zone" quote.

Black Belt
    BG Level

i don't want more songs on BRD.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Should make bst 2 hour remove exp loss from pets. Then a bst will be useful 1/4 of the time in exp pt!
    and BST in XP PTs are good. the regular Diremite jug can put out well over 50% of the damage of a well equipped WAR/NIN in the 50s and 60s.

with a well equipped BST on top of that, they can probably outdamage anyone at those levels.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pyrena Py
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

The one time I tried to put together an xp party on BST, it failed miserably. We didn't fight a single mob, somehow people found cactuars on the way to camp in Kuftal, people died repeatedly, and I remembered one of the reasons I chose BST.