Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Couple BLU Questions     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Couple BLU Questions

I've looked around, even at the intelligence damaging allakhazam and haven't found an answer yet. Two BLU questions...

When I add spells to my spell list, some slots at the bottem turn gold, what the heck does that mean/do if anything? They all start off blue but some variable number will turn gold as I add spells, sometimes 2, sometimes more.

Azure Lore... seemingly does nothing. Anyone that's claimed to have tested it hasn't been able to find any benefit to it. It's 30 seconds so you'd think it's powerful but it appears to do nothing at all. Anyone have any ideas? (and no, it doesn't do anything to helping you learn an ability, if you think it does, go back to Allakhazam)

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

What is the description of Azure Lore

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My average foot kick was 19 without Azure Lore. It hit 29 with Azure Lore. Discuss.

I'm guessing the color changing means that some combination of spells (including the ones that changed color) have given you a new job trait. I don't know them offhand, though I think Wild Oats and Sprout Smack give Beast Killer.

The only time I saw Azure Lore used, all damage from attack spells increased 2-3x. That example is entirely inconsistent with what everyone has been saying (the 2hr is broken) but I saw it with my own eyes. Maybe it's occasionally broken.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

My interpretation of was that different coloured slots were added as you level up. Therefore, it denotes which slots you get at each level.

So ... if you wanted to go into a level capped area, it would just cut off the bottom of the spell list.

Quote Originally Posted by inafume
    I'm guessing the color changing means that some combination of spells (including the ones that changed color) have given you a new job trait. I don't know them offhand, though I think Wild Oats and Sprout Smack give Beast Killer.
    It's empty spell slots at the bottem, for instance I can fill up slots 1-6 and suddenly slots 9, 10 will turn gold. It's very strange. I can still put spells in them, and there doesn't seem to be any restriction on what spells so far.

Quote Originally Posted by inafume
    The only time I saw Azure Lore used, all damage from attack spells increased 2-3x. That example is entirely inconsistent with what everyone has been saying (the 2hr is broken) but I saw it with my own eyes. Maybe it's occasionally broken.
    I popped it and footkick stayed at a pretty constant 25/26 damage, bludgeon hit for 50s which probably just means 2 swings missed as it does 50-200 damage depending. Maybe at low level I'm doing max damage and AL just helps take you towards but not over the cap. Dunno.

Oh, as an aside, sand spin seems completely unresistable, or level means nothing for resist rate. I had no problem slowing Stonelaunchers in Miseaurx Cost while I was level 25. Never saw a resist at all.

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

Doesn't BLU suck?

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    WAR/BLU does less damage and takes more damage than WAR/NIN. I don't see BLU being useful as a sub job for anything and as a main job it'd be useless in an XP party and not useful enough in Dynamis or HNMs to bring more than 1 along if that.

Can't fill the healing role.
    Can't fill the tank role.
    Can't fill the support role.
    Not one of the top 3 damage dealers.

BLU = lose.
    Why are you playing a job that = lose?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Flarega
    Doesn't BLU suck?

WAR/BLU does less damage and takes more damage than WAR/NIN. I don't see BLU being useful as a sub job for anything and as a main job it'd be useless in an XP party and not useful enough in Dynamis or HNMs to bring more than 1 along if that.

BLU = lose.
    Why are you playing a job that = lose?
    Hmm let me edit that.

WAR/DRG does less damage and takes more damage than WAR/NIN. I don't see DRG being useful as a sub job for anything and as a main job it'd be useless in an XP party and not useful enough in Dynamis or HNMs to bring more than 1 along if that.

DRG = lose.
    There fixed.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: Couple BLU Questions

I've looked around, even at the intelligence damaging allakhazam and haven't found an answer yet. Two BLU questions...

When I add spells to my spell list, some slots at the bottem turn gold, what the heck does that mean/do if anything? They all start off blue but some variable number will turn gold as I add spells, sometimes 2, sometimes more.

Azure Lore... seemingly does nothing. Anyone that's claimed to have tested it hasn't been able to find any benefit to it. It's 30 seconds so you'd think it's powerful but it appears to do nothing at all. Anyone have any ideas? (and no, it doesn't do anything to helping you learn an ability, if you think it does, go back to Allakhazam)

&

2h seems to lower resist rates. So if you're fighting like Kirin and get resisted out the ass it might work good with 1000 needles or something.