Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Support Wearing During Synth

Let's say I hit enter and start my motion into the synth. Then part way through the synth I get the message telling me my support has worn off. For that synth would I receive the support or no? I've hear different opinions but I would say I do. I think the HQ/NQ/break result is determined once you hit enter thus taking into account the support. Just wondering what anyone else thought or if there was proof to it.

support exists, the proof is to attempt a synth 18 above you with support as this happens. when support wears the synth will not spontaneously cancel.

alternatively, do 12 synths at the tier2/3 boundary with expiring support. over time you'll end up with well over 25% hq rate.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Re: Support Wearing During Synth

Quote Originally Posted by Azkarin
    Let's say I hit enter and start my motion into the synth. Then part way through the synth I get the message telling me my support has worn off. For that synth would I receive the support or no? I've hear different opinions but I would say I do. I think the HQ/NQ/break result is determined once you hit enter thus taking into account the support. Just wondering what anyone else thought or if there was proof to it.
    it's determined once the materials disappear out of your inventory, and the finished product (or failed product) appears.

so, if your support wears before the finished product appears, you did not receive it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I have done various tier 1 synths before with support wearing when I started synthing. Some HQ'd, and considering my luck with tier 0, I believe support was still calculated with that synth, which made it tier 1.

So in my opinion, support still counts if you hit enter before it wears.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I agree. Out of the 50+ mahatma our of 500/600 tries, ive had the synth wear after enter and before the result plenty of times and HQd 4-5 times as it happened.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Thanks. It always happens to me during a set of 12 synths for some reason. I get distracted and don't synth all 12 right away I guess. All the above reasons confirm my thoughts. Thank you.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

the game knows the results of your synth the second you click on OK, as far as i know. it's possible to get 'interrupted' just like a spell and fail, but it doesn't affect the result.

thats my guess anyway.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Matricide
    the game knows the results of your synth the second you click on OK, as far as i know. it's possible to get 'interrupted' just like a spell and fail, but it doesn't affect the result.

thats my guess anyway.
    This is what I believe as well.

Support is calculated in at the start of synthesis, not the resolution of the animation.

I've done "impossible" (without support) synths, had the support wear in mid animation, and still successfully gotten it off (go go .3 skillup, I wish I got em at 89 CC... ).