+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Otakon?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Otakon?

Just wondering who else is here, bored and on a friends laptop. Im surprised theres no FF:UM.

wtf is Hellsing ultimate, Im going to that tomorrow weeeee

blax n gunz
    BG Level

hellsing Ultimate is the retelling of the original Hellsing series.

The first released Hellsing TV series was a fairly original adaptation, and as Hellsing is still a very much currently running serial in Japanese manga, they had to come up with their own 'ending.'

The new OVA is intended to more closely mirror the events of the manga (the TV series deviated early) and has some new voice actors to boot (Andersen for one).

It's good stuff.

I was there

My friend and I went around asking everyone 'Sex or Fury?!' Saturday night.. in case you were one of the many <_< We did a poll after watching the movie. I'll post a bit more on it a bit later, maybe post some pics... Was definitely kickass... Didn't see enough FFXI people tho Talked to a SMN however, and someone from Fairy, and a guy from Carbuncle... Hm..

netz

What I want to know is...

What did they actually show at the "Do it yourself Bukkake" panel? Seriously.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I went... twas fun.

They had some crazy shit, but every time I looked at that in the schedule, I swore it had to be a joke. no fuckin clue.

Even the 'Learn to draw hentai' was pretty... ok.. I guess... :/

Hormone driven girls arent always that great guys >_<

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I went to the origami workshop and had fun looking retarded folding paper. The I coloured a wartortle (or smth) with some kids. I have to say, in all my years of going to Otakon... I had the most fun this year. There were other things done, but all in all twas a nice time.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I saw the first ova and they are taking basically sticking to the original manga story line.

for example, how alucard shot the police girl, how he encountered the priest, and how the original fight with the paladin guy took place (I always forget their names )

It's really good and if you're a fan then you should consider watching it.

I think I have the episode some where in my hard drive still. (it's about an hour long).

I was there / first convention!

Didn't have internet access all weekend, refused to pay $10 for internet access at the hotel ~.~

I actually cosplayed as Tsukasa from .//Sign, if anyone saw me

Didn't go to as many panels as I would've liked, but saw the DBZ #13 movie, the enhanced Voltron animation, some of the fan parodies ( It's....GENDOU! *cue pimp music* ), and other random stuff. Definitely can't wait to go next year

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by netz
    What I want to know is...

Someone said something about mixing milk and sugar haha, thats all I heard about that panel. The line was hysterical though, musta been at least 100 people waiting to see 'Do it yourself bukkake'.

The new hellsing was amazing, had to wait forever to get in though.

Was anyone else angry about how poorly the scheduling was done? My group had to basically go to every room and check the signs for proper times.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

this is completely offtopic... but did anyone who went to otakon go to the 4chan panel? was it any good? did the bobba's close the pool?

desu edit: http://youtube.com/watch?v=5w5KFYZh3L4

and for those who dont know what im talking about period:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=cQ2cpQoFyAA
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=G8HJqzrofcI

I was there / first convention!
    Me also... Friends are all huge otaku's, but this was my first, and it REALLY got me into it. I've already started downloading a veritable cache of new anime I didn't cosplay, but plan to haul my GF with me next year and my group of friends, her, and myself plan to do a group thing.. Um... we might start early for some of the local conventions, so if anyone knows any group getups with a few dudes and a chick, lemme know ~_^ Many are the opposite sadly.. Love Hina.. Negima... etc...

We actually considered Negima / School Rumble, but who knows. Either way, its cool. And by cool I mean not really cool, but fun.

I agree, the panels were fucked up, but I saw some awesome videos because of them changing the schedule and me not knowing. Sex is Zero and Survive Style 5+ were both hilarious.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole
    this is completely offtopic... but did anyone who went to otakon go to the 4chan panel? was it any good? did the bobba's close the pool?

desu edit: http://youtube.com/watch?v=5w5KFYZh3L4

and for those who dont know what im talking about period:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=cQ2cpQoFyAA
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=G8HJqzrofcI
    It was ok, not as epic as last year's panel, but ok eitherway, "no they attempted to close the pool" but failed. They spent more time doing the "Pool's Closed" pose.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Yeah I missed survive style 5 because of the messed up schedules, my friends had been telling me to watch it all day.

The enhanced Voltron I caught the first 2 episodes of, oh man is that show hysterical to watch nowadays.

Post a pic Zhais! Im sure we all have some decent shots. As soon as my camera phone actually syncs to my laptop you guys gotta see this amazing corsair costume some chick cosplayed.