Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rampart and Stoneskin     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Rampart and Stoneskin

While fighting Fafnir today I noticed that my Stoneskin was going away constantly despite Faf not using wing. It turned out that Rampart was overwriting my SS. Was this something new from the update today, or have I just been paying so little attention that I didn't notice before?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

its been this way since they changed Sentinel / Rampart

It's really bloody annoying too... especially if you end up in the tank PT on RDM in dynamis. Happily sleeping mobs secure in your nice stoneskin and some muppet PLD wipes it off.

GRRR fix it SE.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

you can just click it off

Blackice

I read a test with the results were if a person who cast stoneskin on themselves had over 90 MND, Rampart wouldn't overwrite. If they had less, obviously Rampart took priority.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

lol "muppet PLD"

On topic: Was this designed by S-E to work like that? Seems kind of weird...

So this is what my PLD was talking to me about lol. I was getting spammed by a stalker >.<; so I didn't notice wtf he was asking me. Gonna have him try it again when I'm paying attention, but I didn't notice his rampart overwriting my stoneskin. Not certain of my exact MND numbers, but I think my stoneskin macro puts me at 64+50ish as rdm/blm (taru ; ; ). I will double check those numbers and post results of his rampart on my stoneskin when I can retry it.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Blackice
    I read a test with the results were if a person who cast stoneskin on themselves had over 90 MND, Rampart wouldn't overwrite. If they had less, obviously Rampart took priority.
    That's why I hadn't noticed it before. I got my Dalmatica recently and this was the first time being in tank pt with instead of Osode. Losing the MND from Osode made my SS too weak to withstand Rampart hostile takeover of my buff bar.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Viq
    That's why I hadn't noticed it before. I got my Dalmatica recently and this was the first time being in tank pt with instead of Osode. Losing the MND from Osode made my SS too weak to withstand Rampart hostile takeover of my buff bar.
    So if I, as a SMN, get 90 MND before I Earthen Ward, the PLD's Rampart won't hit anyone? Nice... if this works for SMNs and not just the regular spell Stoneskin.

It's probably based on the actual strength of your stoneskin, not your mnd.

And the person with 114 mnd for a RDM stoneskin, you are macroing way too much mnd there. Only need like 95 to cap on rdm with 256 enhancing, which is 64 + Errant Body (10) + Mythic Wand (8) + Tamas (5) + Errant Slops (7). Some really basic alternate mnd gear (like a second ring, a cape, a belt) will allow you to skip Errant Body for AF2 body's fastcast, etc.

uhhh, pick up an errant body or if u still got the osode stoneskin macro gear ftw.

So has anyone figured out what the exact numbers are for rampart's magic shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    So if I, as a SMN, get 90 MND before I Earthen Ward, the PLD's Rampart won't hit anyone? Nice... if this works for SMNs and not just the regular spell Stoneskin.
    MND doesn't have any effects on Blood pact, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    It's probably based on the actual strength of your stoneskin, not your mnd.

And the person with 114 mnd for a RDM stoneskin, you are macroing way too much mnd there. Only need like 95 to cap on rdm with 256 enhancing, which is 64 + Errant Body (10) + Mythic Wand (8) + Tamas (5) + Errant Slops (7). Some really basic alternate mnd gear (like a second ring, a cape, a belt) will allow you to skip Errant Body for AF2 body's fastcast, etc.
    I was incorrect with my numbers, but I still have over 95 MND on for stoneskin...in any case...Rampart still overwrote my stoneskin when I tested it with my PLD before Dynamis today...so the 90 MND thing doesn't work.

Is your enhancing capped and were you on BLM or RDM? 95 MND won't cap RDM stoneskin if your enhancing magic happened to be 200 or so......
    BLM @ 200 enh. magic is about 114 MND to cap, RDM is less because of higher enh. skill.

It was overwriting my RDM stoneskin with capped enhancing.

I changed my tactic to just swearing at the offending PLD and threatening to make him sleep on the couch (was my other half) - which worked

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    Is your enhancing capped and were you on BLM or RDM? 95 MND won't cap RDM stoneskin if your enhancing magic happened to be 200 or so......
    BLM @ 200 enh. magic is about 114 MND to cap, RDM is less because of higher enh. skill.
    I was RDM/BLM. Enhancing is capped. MND was 64 + 45 = 109.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur
    its been this way since they changed Sentinel / Rampart
    Hey remember when I told you this the day of the update and you laughed at me?

Well then it looks like it overwrites regardless... so yea. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    Well then it looks like it overwrites regardless... so yea. lol
    yea ; ; I guess I'm not sure what their intention is with this...doesn't make any sense. Unless we're getting Stoneskin 2!!!11! jk >.>;