FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Wonder Man (D+)

Starring Yahya Abdul-Mateen II (Aquaman/Candyman) as Simon Williams/Wonder Man
    Ben Kingsley to Reprise His Role of Trevor Slattery
    Directed & Developed by Destin Daniel Cretton (Shang-Chi)

https://deadline.com/2022/08/marvel-...ey-1235103424/ | https://deadline.com/2022/10/wonder-...us-1235159111/
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Simon...ms_(Earth-616)

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

God yes I can't believe it's taken this long to get Wonder Man.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

BG Level

Getting a surprising amount of pushback from some Black guys on Facebook telling me Simon Williams has to be white.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Comic lore-wise, isn't Wonder Man white? That would be like having Black Panther be white and from South Wakanda depending on how fans take it. I really, really don't care what race he is because the actor is fantastic and should have been sniped from DCU sooner... but without understanding the issue and how it affects me, I wonder if it could be more due to there being plenty of other black superheroes they should be elevating that are actually black, like Blade, Luke Cage, Falcon, etc.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ben Kingsley being comic relief in the MCU will never stop being surreal to me

After freshening up on who tf Wonder Man is (only vaguely remembered that he and Wanda were a thing at some point. But then again, who didn't have a thing with Wanda at some point?), fuck Wonder Man and his all-the-powers bullshit.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Comic lore-wise, isn't Wonder Man white? That would be like having Black Panther be white and from South Wakanda depending on how fans take it. I really, really don't care what race he is because the actor is fantastic and should have been sniped from DCU sooner... but without understanding the issue and how it affects me, I wonder if it could be more due to there being plenty of other black superheroes they should be elevating that are actually black, like Blade, Luke Cage, Falcon, etc.
    So there is a Black Wonder Man in the comics, the Ultimate version of him which is the same one they used for Hawkeye and Nick Fury.

Also he was made as a white guy in 1964, when Marvel was literally forbidden from making Black characters, and in nearly 60 years I can't think of a single story involving him where his color was an important element. His story would be the same or even more interesting at many points if he were Black. It also isn't a zero-sum game. There can be a Black Wonder Man AND other historically Black super heroes.

Personally if they use his 616 story and this show is all about a guy with Thor-level powers who's also a pacifist that just wants to be an actor I will be thrilled.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Sounds awesome.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl