Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread

Thread: another secret fix.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

another secret fix.

so today i found out they fixed one of the most potentially awesome tricks in the game, most likely with the last update. i'm talking about the worm belt/movement speed buff trick. you used to be able to, while under a movement speed buff, move forward at whatever speed the buff was while in the worm costume. you could also lock onto someone and sidestep at full speed, including the movement speed bonus. completely irrelevant, but i thought it was of the utmost importance to create this new thread and bitch about this completely irrelevant fix.

Fail

on a more serious note, couldn't you sidestep at full speed while gravitied?

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by frodnonnag View Post
    on a more serious note, couldn't you sidestep at full speed while gravitied?
    suuuure could

Still can.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Can always do the blink trick to move with worm costume still (unless they changed that too but I doubt it)

Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    Can always do the blink trick to move with worm costume still (unless they changed that too but I doubt it)
    yeah that works, but why did they fix the other aspect to moving? it was just so irrelevant

The movement speed applied not only to the worm costume but to people who were bound. So before, you could be bound with Mazurka and be able to move slowly. I guess they just wanted Bind to be absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by frodnonnag View Post
    yeah that works, but why did they fix the other aspect to moving? it was just so irrelevant
    There are two likely possibilities from what I understand why programmers do what they do:

1) They have a to-do list of bug fixes and that bug came to the top and it was an easy fix.
    2) They fixed something else entirely and some part of code that was fixed was also used by the bug. Commonly done to make code more efficient.

Bringer of Bacon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I like option #2. The spaghetti tastes so much better now.

Watch for something else to be broken though, they could easily have fixed something while breaking others. God knows it hasn't happened in the past.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Oh this is in vein with them fixing the Dynamis-Valkurm boss so that it doesn't auto-aggro on engaging anymore. You actually have to damage it or use Flash on it or something.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by zephr View Post
    Oh this is in vein with them fixing the Dynamis-Valkurm boss so that it doesn't auto-aggro on engaging anymore. You actually have to damage it or use Flash on it or something.
    Valkurm boss never aggroed on engage buddy >.>

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Yeah I noticed this too last time I used worm costume ;/ It always made sense to me in a way with it working. Worm has naturally 0% movement speed you use boots and gain 12% you can move >.> but guess SE didn't see it that way.

Their logic being that a worm is stuck in the ground