Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warrior Gear choices     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Warrior Gear choices

I was wondering what the best hand piece alternative for rampage was instead of nhands. I was thinking alky/pallas but they have the negative dex, is there something better than is pretty easily obtainable? (some would say n hands are easy to get but my ls has a big list to get them and i recently got haidate so i'll be waiting awhile).

also, I'm an axe/axe warrior. Been using woodsville/maneater but i keep thinking about buying a juggernaut. is it worth the 2M gil to upgrade to maneater/juggernaut?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by bleat View Post
    I was wondering what the best hand piece alternative for rampage was instead of nhands. I was thinking alky/pallas but they have the negative dex, is there something better than is pretty easily obtainable? (some would say n hands are easy to get but my ls has a big list to get them and i recently got haidate so i'll be waiting awhile).

also, I'm an axe/axe warrior. Been using woodsville/maneater but i keep thinking about buying a juggernaut. is it worth the 2M gil to upgrade to maneater/juggernaut?
    yea, it is worth while to upgrade to a jugg. As for the n hand question, i've seen wars use alky brc, but personally i wouldnt know i had n hands before war was lvl 40.

Ares Gauntlet's are hands down the best Rampage hands.

I am still using Pallas cuz I don't touch Sky any more, still do decently well in merit party.

The only reason I am keeping Maneater is becaues I have lv75 BST and I still play WAR/NIN in Salvage occasionally (for smash axe). TBH if BST is allowed to use Guillointine I am quite sure BST/SAM using Scythe will outparse dual Maneater/Temp Axe. BST/SAM can keep Hasso up fulltime and use Snarl to transfer hate to jugpet if they pull hate.

Perhaps you may want to consider using Gaxe? Perdu voulge doesnt cost you a penny plus Giga bracelets will have less negative impact on overall accuracy and critic hit rate.

Something witty
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Other alternatives include spiked finger gauntlets, tarasque mitts +1, and af hands. The high atk on these will help boost your rampages almost as well as str on bracelets will.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I currently use Adaman Mufflers 'cause I don't have Heca, but I'd use that if I had it. I'd -never- touch pallas/alkys

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I use Tarasque +1 for multi-hit WS's on WAR, since I don't have Heca.
    Might be placebo, but I don't like the -DEX on WS's that are Crit & multi-hit.

STR-1 DEX-1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Options mentioned above are all acceptable.

As far as the axe/axe thing, ib4max gives us all another long drawn out gaxe post(we get it max, you're a taru war only who loves his gaxe, we really do). As annoying as his 3k posts that all say pretty much the same thing are, he's right about it.

Look into leveling up your sam sub(if you don't have it) and getting Perdu Voulge or Rampager.

If you happen to have more than one job and absolutely insist on sticking to axe/axe, I'd say look into replacing the Woodsville with Iron Ram Pick, and use the gil to upgrade something else on another job.

thanks for the responses

I use Alky's for raging rush and Nhands for rampage.

If you're bent on getting jugg go man/jugg. I don't like -dex stuff for rampage but it's fine for single hits.

Going to say it for Max... Gaxe > axes <_<; especially for high def stuff in sky.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I know most hate the -Dex from Alky's, but I get better parse resutls using Alky > N.Hands for both RR and Rampage, so I stick with Alky's.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

If you are a hume then the RSE hands are pretty good too... STR/DEX+3

assburgers
    BG Level

I was actually just going to say that -Dex from gigas bracelets are bad.

Taru RSE2 hands, AF +1 hands, AF hands, SFG's, AF2 hands, Fourth hands, Ares hands, Askar hands, Hume RSE1 hands, Uni mitts, nearly anything is going to do better because of the accuracy + chance to hit a magical fairyland crit tier.

Then I was going to say, this applies for gaxe too, with RR, and Vorpal as well.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlah View Post
    Perdu voulge doesnt cost you a penny
    On Kujata, 48,000 IS will get you 288,000 gil worth of imperial gold pieces. That is, at least, still quite a bit cheaper than m.bhuj.

Slight derail: would Perdu be the best great axe for WAR/DNC in campaign, or would Fortitude/Rune be better?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Wouldn't that double attack axe be best for campaign? (the new one).

On Kujata, 48,000 IS will get you 288,000 gil worth of imperial gold pieces. That is, at least, still quite a bit cheaper than m.bhuj.
    The fact is you can't trade 48 gold pieces for Perdu Voulge. The only way to obtain it is by collecting IS points and the process won't cost you a single penny.

p/s: Use joyeuse or Ridill on WAR/DNC in campaign

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlah View Post
    The fact is you can't trade 48 gold pieces for Perdu Voulge. The only way to obtain it is by collecting IS points and the process won't cost you a single penny.

p/s: Use joyeuse or Ridill on WAR/DNC in campaign
    I think the point he was making was that if you had liquidated all your IS to sell gold pieces the going rate of those would still be less than the price of a M.bhuj. And why wouldn't you use Fortitude Axe in campaing? A+ weapon class > B class. And you will get more TP from DA's, WS's etc. than your dinky 6% per hit Joytoy.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Joyuse/Ridill requires no stones and lets you use a shield. Also, even with stones, I think the TP gain would be about even.

Less delay = more rounds = more chances to 2-3X attack.

Still won't change the fact that Perdu Voulge is free if you choose to get it.

To maximise Xp/AN reward in campaign, you want to take as much damage as possible and keep yourself andt the mob alive as long as possible. Weaponskill rating doesn't really make a lot of difference in campaign. I leveled PLD from 70-73 in 5 days doing 3-5 hours Campaign a day, still land hit fine without wearing full acc gear. I use enm and haste gear to keep hate. 1 drk element or Wolfgang warrior usually net me around 1k xp/AN. Finished 4 Iron Ram pieces in 1 week.

Killing fast doesn't mean you will get better results in campaign. Fortitude axe is only nice if you have the stones to burn. I will rather save them for more important events.