+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Digital Devil series     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Digital Devil series

I've heard this was a really good series is it worth the used rentals for 1 and 2? I'm all for crazy ass story/plot lines with a decent enough battle system to hold its own.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Re: Digital Devil series

Digital Devil Saga is great, I highly recommend you buy if you can. Being as that's hard because it's very rare like every other SMT title.

I do recommend you try to find Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and play that first though. That game is simply the best RPG on PS2.

DDS is great, and has a more involved storyline then SMT: Nocturne. Get them all. Atlus won't let you down.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    DDS is great, and has a more involved storyline then SMT: Nocturne. Get them all. Atlus won't let you down.
    Seconded.

I've been a longtime fan of the FF series, but after awhile the storylines tend to get repetitive. DDS was a breath of fresh air in the RPG genre. The storyline is very different from typical RPGs and reflects upon a little-used mythology (FF seemed to focus a lot on greek/roman mythos, whereas DDS draws a lot on hinduism).

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Din't know what the game was all about, started playing it. Me and my friend watched as people starting eating eachother, and we literally crapped our pants at the sheer awesome of the obscure game we just found.

Plus monster tities.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya
    Din't know what the game was all about, started playing it. Me and my friend watched as people starting eating eachother, and we literally crapped our pants at the sheer awesome of the obscure game we just found.

Plus monster tities.
    They're the best titties, after all.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

YES haha Argilla and her Mantra's monster titties. I like Heat the most, he's badass. Glad you are enjoying the game, the SMT series really opened my mind and took me away from FF which I am glad.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Yes, i really enjoyd the atmosphere on the first game. Very few games can recreat atmosphere like that, and a feeling of nostalgia and desperation. With everyone having to kill eachother to survive and how various people reacted to it, hence i actually loved to speak with every NPC. Especially watching as everyone started to remember who they really were. I especially lol'd at when some of them started remembering how they died... gruesome to say the least.

The second part's plot was pretty cool. If you're looking for a melancholic game, that will make you depressed for a while, but give a little glimmer of hope, then this is the one.

Hermaphrodite crazy bitch ftw.