Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level

Observation on Sanction Effect Food

Decided to exp in Ulegrande again since a long time. There were 0 Parties in the Area - while ToAU Areas you always have those special Parties not doing a search or just trying to sqeeze in.

Shortly before we Televazl I got Sanction Enhanced Food Duration and ate my Sole Sushi+1 right inside the town.

My bet on SE beeing not that evil/smart was right. After 1 hour had passed food was still active for a whole of 2hours.

So did I discover a neat little trick or does Food Effect sanction work anywhere anyway?

Old Merits
    BG Level

If you use food while sanction is active, it doubles the duration. So yes, you can get sanction, eat food, warp to jeuno, get signet, and go about your exp.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ½pint
    If you use food while sanction is active, it doubles the duration. So yes, you can get sanction, eat food, warp to jeuno, get signet, and go about your exp.
    Pretty much sums it up I guess

Also my enhanced Sushi+1 lasted 2hr and 10 minutes.

Is HQ Sushi 1hr 5min anyway?

... or is Sanction Food Effect like Timex2 + Xmin of Besiege Wins?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion
    So did I discover a neat little trick or does Food Effect sanction work anywhere anyway?
    The duration on the food is determined by when you eat it. So yes it works everywhere as long as you have the food sanction on and are in a Besieged area when you eat.

Likewise, Refresh or Regen Sanction will remain working for the full duration even if you lose the AC, as long as it's in a ToAU area.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh
    The duration on the food is determined by when you eat it. So yes it works everywhere as long as you have the food sanction on and are in a Besieged area when you eat.
    Hello eatting a three hour food for an xp pt and not having to eat anything else the entire time.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by Aodh
    Hello eatting a three hour food for an xp pt and not having to eat anything else the entire time.
    As long as you never die. <.<

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Brings back memories of Doubleattack > Fangrush

Xavier

I'd be dead within the first 15 minutes.

Wyverns just love to double attack and fang rush within a span of 3 seconds on me it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    I'd be dead within the first 15 minutes.

Wyverns just love to double attack and fang rush within a span of 3 seconds on me it seems.
    Last night:

Para move, mage was para'd, I was dumb enough to ws, then had shadows stripped, hit, Fang Rush 1200 dmg and bye bye Hedgehog Pie I normally try to have santion food effect anytime I exp, but I have to start looking at my wallet each time I eat hedgehog pies.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I still have an ambrosia from way back when I was doing CoP and was stuck on Ultima. I've been meaning to try it out with Food duration Sanction but never really got around to it, but I suspect it'd own face.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    I still have an ambrosia from way back when I was doing CoP and was stuck on Ultima. I've been meaning to try it out with Food duration Sanction but never really got around to it, but I suspect it'd own face.
    I always used ambrosia for leveling a job from 1-10. At 75, 7 to all stats is ok I guess, but more specific food for a job is better.

At lvl 1, +7 to all stats is fucking insane. I was able to take MNK from 1-10 before it wore off.

12 hour hedgehog pies really kick ass.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I actually used Red Curry in a party or two, but since I tend to die a lot (hai2u fangrush 1587 damage) I switched to a cheaper alternative for mamool staging point. Since then I've been able to get food to work for the whole 8 hours, something which really comes in handy when the group I'm with wants to go to a non-ToAU area. Pop, Warp, never need food again.

The trick to not dying to fang rush is simple..

If you are just fighting 1... go afk 10 seconds before you engage and never weaponskill.

If you are fighting 2... go afk until the first is dead, and follow the above for the second.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Here's an idea: how about getting signet (lolsignet) for a change so beatsmen stop owning 6-8 areas every fucking conquest week (when you xp in non-toau areas, if anyone does that any more)? (lolconquest). Sure would love to use my homing ring and outpost warps like I used to be able to. Not to mention, it fucks over my cooking mule (lolcooking) on ingredients.

orz.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Here's an idea: how about SE makes getting signet worthwhile for a change so beatsmen stop owning 6-8 areas every fucking conquest week? (lolconquest). Sure would love to use my homing ring and outpost warps like I used to be able to. Not to mention, it fucks over my cooking mule (lolcooking) on ingredients.

orz.
    Fixed.

Signet is perfectly worthwhile, you arent always in ToAU areas and sanction is worthless when you aren't in ToAU areas. Not to mention if your server sucks at besieged...

Plus those bonuses that carbon mentioned.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Here's an idea: how about getting signet (lolsignet) for a change so beatsmen stop owning 6-8 areas every fucking conquest week (when you xp in non-toau areas, if anyone does that any more)? (lolconquest). Sure would love to use my homing ring and outpost warps like I used to be able to. Not to mention, it fucks over my cooking mule (lolcooking) on ingredients.

orz.
    sure, ill listen to you because conquest results(/cooking/beastmen/homing ringlolwarptaru) have ever mattered to me and experience points(/refresh) have not

edits in ()

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    Signet is perfectly worthwhile, you arent always in ToAU areas and sanction is worthless when you aren't in ToAU areas. Not to mention if your server sucks at besieged...

Plus those bonuses that carbon mentioned.
    Correct, if a server loses the Astral Candescence more often than KB pops, then yes, signet's value compared to sanction is increased.

However, my perspective is that of a server which does *not* lose Besieged too frequently.

When considering the % xp increases, the ease of defeating many enemies in new areas as compared to older areas, the other benefits from having sanction (refreh/duration/etc), and the uses of IS, the benefits far outweigh being able to buy Beaugreens at the regional vendor. If the need for regional ingredients is that strong, then make the appropriate arrangments, buy yourself a considerable quantity of the corresponding ingredient, then make money when prices go back up from beastmen control.