1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 28 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 28 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Feast     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

The Feast

This thread is for discussing The Feast arena pvp mode.

And no, you are not grand company locked in Arena PvP, since I know this will come up.

They showed off the 200 wins mount earlier:

Spoiler: show

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

so how do the medal things work? only get the debuffs if you pick up too many? shouldn't i just let my teammates pick them up if i'm playing a dps job?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

you'll want to distribute who picks up what so all healers/tanks don't pick up too many at once,yes.

I'll be setting my alarm to do this

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Did a 8v8 and instantly went back to just doing 4v4 instead >_> I'll prolly try few more 8v8s in a bit to see if I can get into it more. Most matches so far I've mainly been ignored as SMN lol.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

8v8 is impossible if your co-healer if braindead. Also victory fanfare upon losing?

Also can't tell what's the deal with the same-team banners appearing during a fight. Seems healing when someone is at critical rewards you medals?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

the amount of people that full on try to zerg paladins and completely ignore healers in 8v8 is enough of a reason for me to just stick to 4v4

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Shitty DF restrictions are gonna kill my enjoyment of this in the long term. Why the fuck can I only queue with 1, 2 or 4 people? 8v8 shouldn't have restrictions period. Or at least have a 4v4 unrated where you can queue with 1-3 people. Having a lot of fun in 8v8 so far though, don't wanna dick around solo right now so I'll try 4v4 later when more people are on to play with.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I wish I could find 8v8 fun maybe if I had at least a few people to team with in it, but solo in 8v8 is a headache atm lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is the ranked queue rating based matchmaking? Or you just get credit for games and there's no matchmaking

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Fenrir Pup randomly drop in your inventory. Seems to just be a RNG type deal. Can sell on Market Board.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

8v8 seems very healer centric. Good healers = easy win, bad healers = face pounding.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    8v8 seems very healer centric. Good healers = easy win, bad healers = face pounding.
    From what I seen I wouldn't say it's the face that gets pounded >.>. Honestly though, 4v4 seems the best option, at least from what I seen while using my sarga character so maybe it's just this datacenter that's retarded lol. It most certainly is healer centric and well...I guess MCH centric given their opening burst if they're allowed to (as in you don't get bum rushed like you walked into the thirst section of FB.)

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Definitely not playing feast anymore after today or tomorrow. Hope you guys enjoy it tho if you stick with it.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Shitty DF restrictions are gonna kill my enjoyment of this in the long term. Why the fuck can I only queue with 1, 2 or 4 people? 8v8 shouldn't have restrictions period. Or at least have a 4v4 unrated where you can queue with 1-3 people. Having a lot of fun in 8v8 so far though, don't wanna dick around solo right now so I'll try 4v4 later when more people are on to play with.
    Because this was one of the reasons that original Wolves Den died.

Not having restrictions for 8v8 I get, but back in WD when people used to trio queue against solos it was enough to stomp pretty much anyone you came across. I should know since i ended up doing it myself.... One DPS + One healer + One SMN that are coordinated = everyone else has a bad time. So I think they're trying to avoid that by making it a true solo queue.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

ASTs are still a pain in the ass

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbringer View Post
    ASTs are still a pain in the ass
    God forbid they are useful for one activity in the game :^)

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Should see the ASTs on primal, all ass and die in about 5 sec using noct sect.

60 matches now, and I don't even have 10 wins still. If you plan on doing feast, do yourself a favor and NEVER solo queue it. If you can't premade feast with a full 4, don't even bother doing it at all, shits a massive headache and huge waste of time.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

First match, won.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Is it even worth going in as SCH, because of stacks being easily dispellable, or is it WHM only?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm not quite sure what the real strategy difference between Feast and Fold (old WD) is. The scoring also seems kind of screwy; if I'm not mistaken, you start at 400/400 and you can get 50 medals per kill, which has resulted in some matches that were ended in the first engagement...? I'm not sure how that works.

I also had a fun experience with some DRG telling me (in 4v4) that everyone can't focus down one target because there's no way you can outpace the healing of an enemy AST on 1 target and that everyone has to attack different targets when the opposing team has an AST. Uhh, what?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast