Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

September Version Update Preview (08/29/2008)

September Version Update Preview (08/29/2008)
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../3634/3634.jpg Ladies and gentlemen, get ready for more streamlined adventuring—the September version update is just around the corner! Continuing in the tradition of enhancing creature comforts in your Vana'dielian lifestyle, we're proud to introduce a number of adjustments and additions scheduled to take place.

Click here for more information.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladies and gentlemen, get ready for more streamlined adventuring—the September version update is just around the corner! Continuing in the tradition of enhancing creature comforts in your Vana'dielian lifestyle, we're proud to introduce a number of adjustments and additions scheduled to take place.

Seal Storage
    Previous version updates have ushered in numerous improvements to in-game storage, with the Mog Locker and the Mog Safe having been bestowed with increased capacity and several furnishings receiving enhancement tweaks thus far. But that's not all we have to offer!
    In next month's update, the development team will take the hassle of storing beastmen's and Kindred's seals out of your hands, and put it into those of orb-dispensing NPC Shami. Through the natural course of gameplay, adventurers will come into possession of not inconsiderable quantities of the abovementioned seals which take up storage space like all other items. From the next version update, however, adventurers will no longer need to leave stacks of seals scattered about their Mog House, waiting to be stepped on by unwary guests to grimacing, painful results. So, whether you have just one or hundreds, swing over with all those cumbersome seals to see Shami at his usual hangout in Port Jeuno and he'll take care of the rest.
    *Shami will hold onto seals traded to him with white-knuckled tenacity, but will gladly furnish adventurers with lovely orbs as recompense.

Getting Around in Past Vana'diel
    At present, the dominant mode of transport in past Vana'diel is the teleportation service requiring payment in Allied Notes. However, the NPCs based in the three nations offering this service would prioritize their own safety and go into hiding during Campaign battles, greatly inconveniencing adventurers wishing to travel outside of town.
    In addressing this issue, the development team has decided to bolster up these NPCs with a much-needed dose of courage so that they will no longer abandon their posts in the face of a beastman invasion.

In addition to the above, rental chocobos will finally be made available for use in areas introduced in the Wings of the Goddess expansion. Players who fulfill the three conditions below will be able to pay Allied Notes to rent a chocobo at their leisure, regardless of the current war climate:
    1) Be level 20 or above.
    2) Be in possession of a chocobo license.
    3) Be affiliated with an allied nation.
    *Please note that chocobo whistle usage and digging will not be possible in past Vana'diel.

More Fellows!
    Fellows will be receiving tweaks and improvements for the second consecutive version update. On the menu of changes are new armor pieces and a simplified customization system that will allow greater ease in changing your fellow's attire to suit your needs. An exciting new chapter of adventuring with your fellow awaits you!
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...634/3634_9.jpg

MaachaQ

Hmm, seal storage... promising...

Change this later.
    BG Level

Bah, no past digging.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

You're way too fast Sept.

The seal storage is very epic win. Will save me a ton of space right there. No digging in the past makes me QQ, was hoping for more places to go; digging is so cramped i just about have to camp zones to get my items/day.

Was hoping for the big changes; mythic weapons, getting the new WS etc.

MaachaQ

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    we'll probably have to wait until the servers go down on update day for that news...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    You're way too fast Sept.

The seal storage is very epic win. Will save me a ton of space right there. No digging in the past makes me QQ, was hoping for more places to go; digging is so cramped i just about have to camp zones to get my items/day.

I was working on something, when suddenly my update sense started to tingle. Wiki-ing it now.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

seal storage is nice, but congrats to all the people who said they'd be happy with a selbina/mhaura moogle-type update teaser >.>, heres to you

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Kind of a fluff update overall, and no whistle use in the past is fail, but it's still better than no update or more merchandising.

MaachaQ

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    I was working on something, when suddenly my update sense started to tingle. Wiki-ing it now.
    you know you camp the website on these update note days, it's almost always @ 7pm JP time on Mon and Fri

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Yay for seal storage, boo for no digging, yay for being able to ride them, meh to NPC, don't care about mine.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Can't complain about the seal storage, I wont use it much though I'm guessing. The NPCs not disappearing I am looking forward to.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Let down.

Fuck yes, inventory +25.

Old Merits
    BG Level

No whistles in the past?

Fail. So If I want to use a choco in Batallia I have to go through Jugner? Ugh.

i sighed.

Too little too late.

oj, nice but a few years out of date

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Pergo View Post
    seal storage is nice, but congrats to all the people who said they'd be happy with a selbina/mhaura moogle-type update teaser >.>, heres to you
    I know what would be more fun, no update note for another week and a half! Or better yet, don't add in conveniences like seal storage or chocobos in the past!

Campaign Arbitrators not disappearing during battles is very nice. (Sure, they mentioned it, but say anything about it until the day of the patch, or wait until the next patch.) Seal storage is great, it will free up about 12 spaces on both of my characters. And the Adventuring Fellow news is very interesting. "An exciting new chapter of adventuring with your fellow awaits you!" For the love of all things bright and beautiful, am I hoping for too much that this text means more quests?

Just because you aren't excited about the content, it doesn't mean that other people won't be. LD put it best last time around, "Not everything's going to be a cum-blasting thrill ride of non-stop fun". Square needs to put that at the top of their page

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    Just because you aren't excited about the content, it doesn't mean that other people won't be.
    Are you being sarcastic, or are you a different septimus than the one that lashed out against the last update note (in regards to level sync)?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well the seal storage and the chocos for the past are ok. Still waitin on all these "Job Adjustments" tho..... :/

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

In addressing this issue, the development team has decided to bolster up these NPCs with a much-needed dose of courage so that they will no longer abandon their posts in the face of a beastman invasion.
    Oh god that was way funnier than it should have been

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast