Thread: n00b question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Kevin Lowe's Sock Account
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

n00b question

I'll save everyone the stupidity of the "Wut direction do I face 2 get HQ?" etc, but I couldn't find anything on what synths are actually signable.
    The only craft I have in the 50's is lolCooking (just for the field-made juices since I've only really leveled mage jobs), but some people liked signed items just for the sentimental value. I figured I'd maybe sign some things for people since I got a bunch of the HQ crystals from the Xmas event this year.

Just wondering if there's a list floating around somewhere that I could reference to.

Thanks

STR-1 DEX-1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I was always under the impression it's all non stackable items except maybe cursed gear?

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Non-stacking is the one I know. Might be more than that?

Kevin Lowe's Sock Account
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Thanks.

I was kinda scared I'd catch flack since most people when they have a question about crafting it's already mentioned in the sticky. Still slowly working on GP to get the apron/hat at some point, but I figured with the crystals I had gotten over the Christmas break I could make some people some [Richybear] stuff. After that, it was a case of "I actually dunno what I could sign, especially with cooking..."

Happy (HQ) new years!

Quote Originally Posted by Richybear View Post
    I'll save everyone the stupidity of the "Wut direction do I face 2 get HQ?" etc, but I couldn't find anything on what synths are actually signable.
    The only craft I have in the 50's is lolCooking (just for the field-made juices since I've only really leveled mage jobs), but some people liked signed items just for the sentimental value. I figured I'd maybe sign some things for people since I got a bunch of the HQ crystals from the Xmas event this year.

Just wondering if there's a list floating around somewhere that I could reference to.

Thanks
    It isn't a stupid question because you:

A: Checked the sticky.
    B: It is not on the sticky.
    C: You asked in discernible English.
    D: You haven't pissed us off.

And yes, I am pretty sure that its only non stackable/non cursed. Are pop items a part of this as well?

VaguStae

I'm sure that you can't sign drinks either.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I would love to see Apple Juice made by [Cpnmorgan] lol

You can't sign furnishings either.

I signed a couple of the colored 9 drawer furnishings, so you can at least sign some.

Cookiez n Leechez
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryphen Darconel
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You can sign hobby bos too.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Skeetaru View Post
    And yes, I am pretty sure that its only non stackable/non cursed. Are pop items a part of this as well?
    Nope, I've signed Adamantoise Soup before. Don't ask why it's been so long since I tried that stupid NM (fuck Chainspell Tornado) I think i've forcefully forgotten the few days around that. I'm pretty sure you can signed Cursed Equipment (while it's cursed) but it doesn't carry over when Uncursed. Although I've never seen someone waste HQ Crystals to try since we know it won't carry over so I'm not completely sure. I've never tried to sign a Cursed Soup, I'll have to try when I get on tonight since I'm curious now. >_>;

Depending on how much money and how many attempts you want to do, i've got some suggestions with some cool descriptions.

Zesti Zoni Lv27 Cooking
    Wisdom Soup Lv5 Cooking
    Love Chocolate Lv1 Cooking Lv1 Clothcraft Lv1 Leathercraft ('Cause Everyone Loves Chocolate)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Octavious View Post
    Zesti Zoni Lv27 Cooking
    what a silly and awesome description :D

i've signed a goldfish bowl, so i can second signable furnishings. if you check the dat files, anything synthable with the inscribable flag (or whatever it was defined as, you'll know it when you see it) is signable. it's just a flag like tradable and mailable.

That's new to me @.@; Maybe it is furnishings that came out after GP crystals came out?

I will have to look into this some more.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

A friend of mine crafted and signed a Blue Hobby Bo for me before she quit the game. So I agree with the fact that you can sign furnishings.

New Merits
    BG Level

I'm pretty sure you can sign most furnishings. Quite a few of mine are signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavious View Post
    Nope, I've signed Adamantoise Soup before. Don't ask why it's been so long since I tried that stupid NM (fuck Chainspell Tornado) I think i've forcefully forgotten the few days around that. I'm pretty sure you can signed Cursed Equipment (while it's cursed) but it doesn't carry over when Uncursed. Although I've never seen someone waste HQ Crystals to try since we know it won't carry over so I'm not completely sure. I've never tried to sign a Cursed Soup, I'll have to try when I get on tonight since I'm curious now. >_>;

Depending on how much money and how many attempts you want to do, i've got some suggestions with some cool descriptions.

Zesti Zoni Lv27 Cooking
    Wisdom Soup Lv5 Cooking
    Love Chocolate Lv1 Cooking Lv1 Clothcraft Lv1 Leathercraft ('Cause Everyone Loves Chocolate)
    I've used HQ crystals on cursed gear and no, it won't sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeetaru View Post
    I've used HQ crystals on cursed gear and no, it won't sign.
    Skeet you're a bitch and yes he is correct you cannot sign Cursed items.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by warrior2582 View Post
    You can't sign furnishings either.
    I gave 30 or so different signed furnishings away to LS people for Christmas this year. I didn't find one single one that I couldn't sign.