+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Color Contacts Lenses     submit to reddit submit to twitter

so i herd u liek trollin
    BG Level

Color Contacts Lenses

I was thinking lately about buying some non-prescription color contact lenses that are meant strictly to change the color of your eyes. I have outfits for parties and outings that would perfectly match them, and yes, I do go that far to match with my skirts and dresses, etc.

The reason I am here is to get some first hand complains or praise from anyone here on BG that might have used this, or currently is.

Thank you very much ahead of time.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I personally wouldnt take chances with your eyes that way. There was a girl in high school that got "new" contacts for this very reason and ended up with a god awful eye infection and missed an entire quarter due to whatever was going on with her eyes.

Personally its prescription or gtfo. But that's just me.

Old Merits
    BG Level

far be it from me to assume, but I'm operating on the assumption that you're a straight female. Which means you're wasting your time because the only people that will notice and/or care will be other girls and some gay guys.

Then again, sometimes women do things for reasons other than just getting laid, so who knows.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I don't wear contacts (how can you truly be a dork w/o glasses?), but I'm tempted to try some of the design ones just to fuck with people.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

hmm, I'd like to know about this too. although I wear glasses/contacts so I'd rather get prescription designer lenses, plus those would probably be safer. I know I could wear the designer lenses under my glasses but eh.

they'd be pretty fucking cool for burning man, though... anyone ever bought the prescription ones? how expensive were they? and do you just go to your eye doctor and order 'em?

In theory there's nothing wrong with the contacts themselves. However it all depends on where you're getting them and that you take good care of them. Most eye infections that contact wearers get is from a lens that is dirty and scratches the eye because it was poorly cleaned. Just because they are colored and not prescription doesn't mean you can be lax on the care.

Just make sure that you get them from an eye care professional or order them from a place that you can trust, because if not you're taking a serious risk.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

If you're getting "realistic" colored lenses, don't bother. They don't fool anyone who actually pays attention. Now, novelty lenses can be cool if you're just fucking around with them.

uncompromising cuntnificence
    buh buh buh browsssssssss

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I wouldn't recommend doing this. It's hard enough to remember to take them out every night and properly clean them even when they're more than an accessory. It would probably be incredibly easy to forget you're wearing them and sleep in them, which can be be extremely damaging to your vision. Not to mention that contacts generally take a while to adjust to wearing and eye make up problems can shut your ass down for the entire day. If your mascara flakes a little during the day or you accidentally tap some powder shadow onto your eyeball, it sometimes doesn't end up getting flushed to the corners of your eyes and around your bottom lash line like it usually would; contacts can trap that debris up underneath and really irritate your eye.

Overall changing your eyecolor to match your outfits is generally a bad idea and quite honestly goes a step beyond vanity into "stupid woman tricks." As part of a costume, like above, I get it. For going to the mall or the bar, skip this garbage.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Katt Williams said it best;

"Aint no man ever about to fuck a girl and stopped and went "aw girl is that plumb nail polish? Ah hell naw. I cant do this"."

No man fucking cares what color shit is or if it matches, etc. You'd be lucky if we even notice.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Get yourself some OPTI-FREE® RepleniSH® Contact Lens Solution and a new lens case. Practice good hygiene and don't sleep with the contacts in your eyes. Do that and you should be good.

Oh, also, hi2u KOS-MOS (3 posts up)

Jellysaurus Rex
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This is possibly the most ridiculous show of vanity I have ever witnessed.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

"Oh girl, is your nails red and your toes plumb? Aw hell naw, oh mm mm. I gotta go". lol

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    If you're getting "realistic" colored lenses, don't bother. They don't fool anyone who actually pays attention. Now, novelty lenses can be cool if you're just fucking around with them.

I beg to differ. A few years back I used to wear colored contact lenses (Prescription). I am Black so my eyes are a very deep brown color, so I chose "honey" for the color which lightened up the color of my eyes. People who didn't know me actually thought it was my natural eye color and many people commented on how they loved my eyes.

Contact lenses require attention and you have to take good care of them or else they will dry out or get some really nasty bacteria in them. I stopped wearing them due to the constant upkeep and was more comfortable wearing glasses since I felt it was part of my identity.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Sera View Post
    This is possibly the most ridiculous show of vanity I have ever witnessed.
    Eh, I dunno, as a guy, I'd probably notice a dramatic eye color a lot more than, say, nail/toenail polish. But, it'd be fake, and fake is meh.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

I notice eyes but not enough to care. "Fake is meh" is a joke though.

New Merits
    BG Level

Why do black people do that? You cant fool people if your eyes are light, but your hair is nappy as fuck.

Jellysaurus Rex
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet View Post
    "Oh girl, is your nails red and your toes plumb? Aw hell naw, oh mm mm. I gotta go". lol
    Listen here dear, step to the rear
    Find yourself a seat, buy yourself a beer
    Eat some pretzels, go play some videos
    Thank you for your time honey, but ho, I gotta go
    I think I lost my coat, and plus I'm double parked
    I thought you was my girl, see I can't see in the dark
    Anyway I'm out, out is where I be
    I've got to step, "With the viscosity"

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

lol anyone else remember the scene in Scary Movie 2 when the ghost pulled the sheet down to see her panties and it said Wensday and the calender said Thursday?

WHAT THE FUCK HELL NO BITCH.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They're really no different from regular contacts. I used to have a pair a long long time ago. And the only complaint i have, is they would irritate my eyes sometimes - but that could just be my sensitive eyes, and sometimes i could actually see the color. Like, my vision was in whatever color the contacts were. So make sure they measure everything correctly. And take good care of them.

I have to agree with the poster above about your standard contact colored lenses. They really are hard to tell and to be honest as far as appearances go. I notice a girls eyes first usually rather than say nail or toe polish so, I don't think it's that outrageous to believe that some people want to do this.