Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

low man Boneyard Gully enm Q

So yeah, did quite a few searchs and couldn't find anything really helpful so here goes:

Friend and I recently started duoing enm's with rdm(him) and blm(me). The only Boneyard gully enm I've ever done was the Sheep in Antlion's Cloths, or whatever its called. So, I'm really unfamilar with the other ENM's there, and if any of these are possible to duo. We also have another character we could bring with us that could come as pld/anything, nin/anything, war/anything, or smn/anything, but if possible we would like to save him for other runs.

Help please^^;

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Re: low man Boneyard Gully enm Q

If you can do Sheep in Antlion's Clothing you shouldn't have much trouble with Like the Wind, just layer DoT and nuke the Eft when he's not running around like an idiot, keep Baraero up.

I personally would probably stick to Antlions though, especially with a PLD/NIN it's pretty easy, and IMO a bit better chance at profit than LTW. Not sure how the Blau ENM is though, never tried it myself.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Can do Shell We Dance...

Ive never done it with less then 3 but its doable with 2, RDM + BLM. From what ive seen if do it with 2 both need to be fairly pimp and need a bit of luck.

Kill Parata first, once Parata dead its pretty easy from there, both will need 2 hours to get him dead, RDM keep babies asleep and CS nuke Parata same time. BLM just go nuts on Parata. Dont waste mp if he goes in shell, just rest while RDM crowd controls. Need any more info just PM me as this post is pretty vague~

Blau drop rate is shit btw im like 2/30...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bkbahamut
    Can do Shell We Dance...

Ive never done it with less then 3 but its doable with 2, RDM + BLM. From what ive seen if do it with 2 both need to be fairly pimp and need a bit of luck.

Kill Parata first, once Parata dead its pretty easy from there, both will need 2 hours to get him dead, RDM keep babies asleep and CS nuke Parata same time. BLM just go nuts on Parata. Dont waste mp if he goes in shell, just rest while RDM crowd controls. Need any more info just PM me as this post is pretty vague~

Blau drop rate is shit btw im like 2/30...

Keep DOTs on it too, combats the regen when hes in his shell pretty nicely.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I've been Trio'ing Shell We Dance for about a year now(we go with BLM BLM lolPUP), it's pretty damn easy... Duo however would be difficult... and would require some luck. The other BLM forgot to trade the stones a few runs ago, we tried to duo... ended quickly lol ~_~. Opened up like we always do, ES Freeze II on Parata while the PUP agros them and kites. Hit for 16XX and Parata ran up to me, and beat me down... I think(not totally sure play on PS2) that it only goes into shell at a certain % of HP. And once you get down to the last shell, you'll half to finish it off when it pops out.

Blademall can be a pain... I've had it where it just sits there and Cure bombs itself, actually wiped once when we ran out of MP and the babies woke up and all casted cure on it ~_~. Drops can suck too or be amazing... my static has seen 4-5 BDs and 2 Evokers/alot of runs... Another static in my shell had a streak of 5-6 BDs... two weeks ago or so they got the infamous 2x BD in one pool....

Hmm...Good stuff ^^

Shall we Dance was the one friend was thinking of doing. Think Rdm rdm blm would do just as well as rdm blm blm?

RDM + BLM can do Shell we dance and Sheep in Antlion's Clothing, wouldn't waste runs on the Eft one.

Also, I've never noticed any regen on the Uragnites while they were in their shell. I notice their HP go down with DoT's on.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by chapstick
    RDM + BLM can do Shell we dance and Sheep in Antlion's Clothing, wouldn't waste runs on the Eft one.

Also, I've never noticed any regen on the Uragnites while they were in their shell. I notice their HP go down with DoT's on.
    Yeah no regen, just damage reduction from being in shell... think Parata take 50% less? While Blademall takes like 90% less.

What is the strategy used for RDM and BLM duoing the Sheep in Antlion's Clothes?

RDM pop first w/ buffs and damage reduction gear, run to the center thing and kite around the pillar while blm takes it down to burrow. Find it again, repeat. Some luck involved with how long it takes to dig him up, but it's easy to keep all 3 fake ones slept the entire time if you pop those.

I've duo'd "Like The Wind" with a friend (Hi Sulf) a long ass time ago and if I recall correctly we went as War/Pld and Nin/Drk (I don't even remember why we ended up chosing that job combo, it worked just fine though). I wouldn't say it's easy but it's definately doable and doesn't require any particular trick or strategy besides being smart and extra-careful.

RDM+BLM can duo Shell We Dance np, PM me if you need the strategy.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Wondered if any SMN has soloed Like the Wind..?

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

My best friend and I have duo'd LtW for two or so years now. We go WAR/NIN and RDM/DRK (and his RDM is pratically stripped of anything resembling decent gear -- its called the Chair 'cause his equipment window looks like a sideways lawnchair).

Open with stun a ways back, spam all those delicious high-emnity spells that Kaeko discovered, while idiot WAR (now its Isladar's time to shine!) whacks at it with Defender up. Stun is used for hate as well as preventing Aeroga III, while I hold TP for Smash Axe if stun timer is down.

Do.. um.. RDM stuff to stay alive. Stoneskin and whatever. Antidotes are good too. If the Racerunner isn't being a weiner we can sometimes squeak by without Convert, but usually I'll have evened out with my friends hate in the last third of the fight, and so a couple Cure IVs work well. Rampage finishes him off usually. And then you run up to the chest and don't get a Maneater!

[zom edit] WHAT THE FUCK PIRIAN YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST ASKED ME IN GAME. I mean hi baby.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia
    Wondered if any SMN has soloed Like the Wind..?
    smn can solo like the wind easily if you know your distance to get out of ga3. going /nin is your best bet to take all single target spells and to make use of the chance to eclipse bite it.

Quote Originally Posted by isladar
    [zom edit] WHAT THE FUCK PIRIAN YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST ASKED ME IN GAME. I mean hi baby.
    :3 Don't hit me again!

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian
    :3 Don't hit me again!
    Unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Miltani
    smn can solo like the wind easily if you know your distance to get out of ga3. going /nin is your best bet to take all single target spells and to make use of the chance to eclipse bite it.
    If it keeps running around how is it possible to land eclipse bite? If it is possible for smn to solo this I would be very interested in learning how as to replicate it on my main ^^

ninja edit: Would diabolos be better for the range type attack?

Eft will switch between run mode and sit mode. In run mode its physical defense goes up enormously but its magic defense drops a lot. In sit mode its physical defense drops but magic defense raises, making black mages very sad.

When it uses Numbing Noise (stun) it's going to run for a while before stopping to melee again.

If it's in sit mode and you're not in range it will repeatedly ranged attack you with a very strong poison that (I seem to recall) goes through shadows.

Given the difficulty of trying to tag a magic attack while it's in run mode, I suggest just letting fen fen pursue, wait for it to switch to sit, then bite. Repeat until dead.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Like the Wind is fairly easy. I duoed for ages with NIN/DRK and RDM/WHM (the poison is a bit nasty and goes through shadows). NIN kills it and stuns GA's and the RDM just supports. Only real way to die is a bad -ga3/snap combo.