+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

.Hack: G.U. Vol. 3 - Redemption

Coming out the 14th of next month come on who is excited. heres a couple screens i got off gamefly.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3..._screen003.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3..._screen014.jpg

I'm torn between renting this or Wild arms 5 that comes out on the 30th both games I'll deff take my time playing.

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: .Hack: G.U. Vol. 3 - Redemption

What system for Wild Arms 5? Ps2?

BG Level

yeah

Wild Arms 5

Publisher: Xseed Games

Platform: PS2

Category: RPG

Release Date: 8/30/07

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Redemption is going to own so hard. Trailer in case no one's seen it yet: (Warning though! It has spoilers of the previous games and shows basically every character you get in Vol. 3)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=bCR9YOlXL_g
    I honestly cannot wait for this to come out. I'm playing Vol. 2 every now and then maxing the ryu books (all are at level 6 already but I'm doing more so that I get alot of extras at the beginning of 3). I want this to come out already. >_<

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegus
    Redemption is going to own so hard. Trailer in case no one's seen it yet: (Warning though! It has spoilers of the previous games and shows basically every character you get in Vol. 3)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=bCR9YOlXL_g
    I honestly cannot wait for this to come out. I'm playing Vol. 2 every now and then maxing the ryu books (all are at level 6 already but I'm doing more so that I get alot of extras at the beginning of 3). I want this to come out already. >_<
    It's amazing. I beat it a few months ago... .Hack GU series >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> original 4 .hack games.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

omfg, Kite is gonna be playable from that trailer lol... and that cat from the anime series is back too it seems (I believe she took a break or something from the game at the end of the anime..)

I'm glad i'm not the only one excited for this game, it will seriously kick ass.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

.hack>all games, that is all.

They need to make a .hack version of FFXI, like the .hack//sign anime series, with the controllers and head thingies and everything. No that stupid fragment game doesn't count.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    omfg, Kite is gonna be playable from that trailer lol... and that cat from the anime series is back too it seems (I believe she took a break or something from the game at the end of the anime..)

I'm glad i'm not the only one excited for this game, it will seriously kick ass.
    Her plan was to become a nurse in RL to treat Shino. While Haseo stayed ingame to save her or something if I remember.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Totally off topic here, but it's the same series so <_< >_>

I waited till level 100 to kill doppleganger because I didn't want to have the powerful items when fighting bosses making them less fun.

So, killed it the first time, got some stupid key item, dual swords and broadsword. Killed it a second time, got a different key item and scythe.

Any idea as to what the second key item does and, if you keep killing it you get more key items that /might/ do something in the third game?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Is there any chance I like this series if I totally hated the first one? >_> I didnt like the whole "get 1 games at the cost of 4" things, and had some issue with the gameplay and graphics (randomly generated dungeon were boring)

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Is there any chance I like this series if I totally hated the first one? >_> I didnt like the whole "get 1 games at the cost of 4" things, and had some issue with the gameplay and graphics (randomly generated dungeon were boring)
    You mean first one as in the original .Hack games with Kite and such? The gameplay is soooo much better in these games. Granted the whole net slang and everything is still there but imo the battles are fun as hell.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Was talking about the first series with Kite, yes. I didn't mind the context/setting at all, was just worried it was more of the same thing. Might give this series a shot eventually if it's better.

Do I need to know the complete story of the first series/anime, or this one is pretty much independant?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I somehow managed to play through all 4 games with Kite, and even though the gameplay wasn't so great the storyline was pretty good.

If you plan on picking up G.U. (which has AMAZING gameplay IMO), you might want to download the "terminal disc" that game with the first game (unless you manage to find the bundle of the first G.U. game cus it came with it) because it basically gives you the entire backstory on Kite's adventure, and leads you up to the beginning of G.U.

Overall I think the storyline is much better too, man I can't wait till this game comes out next month..

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Do I need to know the complete story of the first series/anime, or this one is pretty much independant?
    You might want to watch the terminal disc like I said, but also you might also want to download the anime series and watch that (they usually have english subs, or you might just want to wait a few weeks/months/whatever until the english version is released in the states) because the anime series is basically the ENTIRE backstory to G.U., and it's kind of confusing if you just pick up the game without watching the entire anime series (well actually, you could probably play through the entire thing and still enjoy the storyline because they give you flashbacks all the time, but you will enjoy the story a lot more if you watch the anime series first, I believe its name is .Hack//Roots. )

BG Level

i didn't watch the anime you'll pick it up just fine at least you should.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You will think you get it, but you really don't.

For example, I bet that people who haven't watched the anime still have no idea who Shino is, and why Haseo seems to be attached to her so much, or why Ovan keeps appearing and stuff like that. Another one would be Phyllo's short appearance in ep.2, even though you would know he's dead in RL (cancer if I remember correctly)if you actually watched the anime, so it wasn't possible that he was the one sending you those emails.

Also from what i've seen/read, many many characters from the anime series make their first appearance in the game in the 3rd installment, so I would suggest watching the anime series before the game comes out regardless of whether you think you understand the story or not.

And i'm not even interested in animes really, not even remotely... but I did watch the .hack so I could understand the G.U. storyline a lot better (I played through the entire 1st episode without the anime, then went back and replayed the first game after finishing watching the entire anime series and I picked up a lot of stuff that I would otherwise not get if I had not watched the anime... that's the way Bamco does things I guess. Mistwalker is currently doing the same thing with Blue Dragon.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

You will think you get it, but you really don't.

For example, I bet that people who haven't watched the anime still have no idea who Shino is, and why Haseo seems to be attached to her so much, or why Ovan keeps appearing and stuff like that. Another one would be Phyllo's short appearance in ep.2, even though you would know he's dead in RL (cancer if I remember correctly)if you actually watched the anime, so it wasn't possible that he was the one sending you those emails.

Also from what i've seen/read, many many characters from the anime series make their first appearance in the game in the 3rd installment, so I would suggest watching the anime series before the game comes out regardless of whether you think you understand the story or not.

And i'm not even interested in animes really, not even remotely... but I did watch the .hack so I could understand the G.U. storyline a lot better (I played through the entire 1st episode without the anime, then went back and replayed the first game after finishing watching the entire anime series and I picked up a lot of stuff that I would otherwise not get if I had not watched the anime... that's the way Bamco does things I guess. Mistwalker is currently doing the same thing with Blue Dragon.
    Roots was fucking awful TBH. Very very boring... but, I would recommend it to anyone playing the game ;\

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I couldn't agree more, I started fast forwarding through half the scenes because sometimes they would just show you Haseo walking around for like 2 minutes with no text..

But as to the game's storytelling, you should really watch it just to get the backstory (or at least read some detailed faqs or something about Roots), it will really help.

Good thing the story in the game is pretty good lol.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

I couldn't agree more, I started fast forwarding through half the scenes because sometimes they would just show you Haseo walking around for like 2 minutes with no text..

But as to the game's storytelling, you should really watch it just to get the backstory (or at least read some detailed faqs or something about Roots), it will really help.

Good thing the story in the game is pretty good lol.
    It got much better around the end, for example that Haseo vs. that female character witht he Gaxe, and a few others. But holy mother of god, 90% of it was slow and boring.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Like 80% of every single episode was filled with scenes where a random person would walk around for 2-3 minutes with weird JP music in the background... so frustrating lol.

But when they introduce some of the story/areas in Vol2, it was fun seeing all those zones from the anime make a return to the game. (like where Alkaid gets PK'd/where you fight Ovan for example..)