Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Hardest Storyline Battles.

So, what bosses did you find the hardest when going through your RPGs?
    If you used a guide, your fight doesn't count, optional bosses don't count.

[attachment=0:ersx24g5]1206908951925.jpg[/attachment:ersx24g5]
    My #1 spot goes to Miguel from Chrono Cross.
    What a bastard.

Re: Hardest Storyline Battles.

Those fucking bitches from the Sailormoon RPG. The one's you have to fight solo were so gay.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The first time I ever fought Seymour Flux... I had to go back and get sphere points for hours before I was strong enough to kill him.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Those fucking bitches from the Sailormoon RPG. The one's you have to fight solo were so gay.
    Man, I lost to the one you fight with Sailor Mercury like 6 times before I just decided to grind until I knew I could win.

I owned the shit out of the other ones though.

Yeah, Mercury had the hardest one. After that it was pretty much lesson learned and I semi-grinded the others so the bosses weren't as gay.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Hum. Hardest storyline boss..

I'd have to go with Garai from Chrono Cross on a first playthrough. Radius' friend that you fight for the Einlanzer.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Marcin

I'd have to go with Garai from Chrono Cross on a first playthrough. Radius' friend that you fight for the Einlanzer.
    Weird, I found Garai to be quite easy... Dario too (even though he was optional).
    Miguel beat the shit out of me though.

So did that robot in Chronopolis (I forget what it's called) but it didn't fuck me up the way Miguel did.

I can't remember if that boss from FF7 was optional... It was the boss from Cloud's home town (forgot the name), there was a mansion there and you had to find the code for the safe. When you opened the safe you got attacked by some boss and when you killed him you got Odin, I think. Anyway, that boss was pretty hard from what I remember, though the last time I played FF7 was around 5 years ago so I dunno if it would be hard now (or was ever hard).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic

Weird, I found Garai to be quite easy... Dario too (even though he was optional).
    Miguel beat the shit out of me though.

So did that robot in Chronopolis (I forget what it's called) but it didn't fuck me up the way Miguel did.
    lol Dario, I think the trick to him was not using Green elements against him? Or something. He was pretty easy, yeah. Garai and Miguel have always been the speedbumps for me when playing through Chrono Cross. Mainly because they're dicks who spam light-based attacks on my Lynx majority of the time. But, Garai has always been a headache for me. As for the boss in Chronopolis, the robot at the entrance that you fight with Serge? That fight always cuts it close for me but I don't think i've ever lost to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    The first time I ever fought Seymour Flux... I had to go back and get sphere points for hours before I was strong enough to kill him.
    You can just build up every Aeon's overdrive before battle and zerg him that way lol;;

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Neclord from Suikoden gave me fits for days.

More recently, until you figure out the easy way to kill her, Persephone in God of War : CoO is obscenely hard compared to the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    Actually, that reminds me of another boss fight in Suikoden II. The rat in the sewers in three rivers.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    Actually, that reminds me of another boss fight in Suikoden II. The rat in the sewers in three rivers.
    Personally I hated the abomination thing you fight in North Window before Neclord runs away <_<

edit:I also found those Chrono Cross bosses to be pretty easy :<

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    You can just build up every Aeon's overdrive before battle and zerg him that way lol;;
    That was like 7 years ago lol.. don't think I was that original in RPGs back then.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The first time I fought Luca Blight he beat me soundly. I've always found that the dragon in Toran Castle in the first Suikoden was a pain. I'd say that the Teo fight with Pahn is hard, but you really just have to grind up and keep defending and Teo basically beats himself.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Ramsus > Miang on Merkava has my vote, it's really is a bastard doing 2 gear fight back to back, especially with Ramsus being able to reduce single target's HP to 1. Basically it's either you risk someone dying on Ramsus by holding back on frame recovery to conserve fuel, or you fight Miang with little to no healing due to lower fuel count. And if you're one of those people that doesn't use Frame Recovery on gears, then you're pretty much jewed.

Also, Wiegraf > Velius > Riovanes Castle Roof is also a complete bitch if you don't cheese it by either overlevelling or do the yell > accumulate trick on wiegraf/velius battle...worse if you're doing SCC, even worse when the said SCC involve some weakass class or classes with low speed since the assassin duo will just murder Rafa before you can do anything.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

To be honest, no actual boss from any game sticks out as causing me issues. Never really takes me more then 1 or 2 tries to beat any storyline-boss in an RPG.

If I had to pick any it would be many of the bosses from Shin Megami Tensei 1/2/3(Nocturne). I just don't remember the games well enough to call out names.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Also, Wiegraf > Velius > Riovanes Castle Roof is also a complete bitch if you don't cheese it by either overlevelling or do the yell > accumulate trick on wiegraf/velius battle...worse if you're doing SCC, even worse when the said SCC involve some weakass class or classes with low speed since the assassin duo will just murder Rafa before you can do anything.
    gd, I hate that fight. The only times I've ever won without cheating (i.e yelling a bunch of times) was when I was overleveled.

A few bosses in persona 3 (in the tower, not in the story sequences) also had me going reset->grind levels a few times.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Wiseman in Star ocean 2. Sure, you rape them when you are higher level, but the curve on 2nd disk was retarded on your first play through without faqs. You zone inside, and get rapped by 10x9999dmg. or something.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Wiseman in Star ocean 2. Sure, you rape them when you are higher level, but the curve on 2nd disk was retarded on your first play through without faqs. You zone inside, and get rapped by 10x9999dmg. or something.
    Cyril was the only one that I found hard on 1st playthrough... I think I was overpowered when I first went in and after having a hard fight against Cyril I made sure I was prepared for Indalecio.
    For the most part, in that game it was too easy to lock enemies up with skill spamming.

Black Belt
    BG Level

I never did have problem with the wisemen, but I loved grinding a wee bit too much on SO2 (especially on ashton...I think at some point on disk one his level was at least double the rest of the party from just soloing dungeons).

I heard limiter off Indalecio is beyond hard, but I never turned it off since I missed the chance back then, and was too lazy to redo the entire game.

From what I've read, he's harder than Iselia Queen, and I've only beaten her using the blood armors even at 255 with all my melee whoring Levantine/Aura/Atlas and the rest of CoT's loot. Then again, I never did figure out the finer point of SO2 like spell combining and chain comboing. I wonder if he counts as storyline battle, but he is the final boss on SO2.

I'd add Utawarerumono's save Derihourai battle at any higher than normal difficulty, but I don't think most people even heard it, much less consider playing the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast