Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Optimum Merit Set Up     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Optimum Merit Set Up

So, I'm just curious what is the optimum set up for getting the most LP/hour possible?

I don't really want to hear about gear for now, just curious as to which camp and job combinations?

I've been told mixed things on various forums, but I know RDM + COR + BRD is key, as can be a very good DRG/RDM (though others say /BLU for Foot Kick & Power Attack as HB triggers)

Lately I've been considering either DRG or COR as my meriting job (I hate BRD to death and have sworn it off forever) but I may just stick to SAM using Polearm Merits idk (I wanna get DRG 75 anyway however)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

North Camp Mamool Ja

DRK/SAM SAM/WAR BRD/WHM BRD/NIN COR/RNG RDM/WHM

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I've had the greatest XP/hr with RDM, DD COR, BRD, WAR/SAM, SAM/WAR x2 at birds. I would imagine you could get even higher xp/hr if you had Mamool Ja SP all to yourself, pwning Skoffins and Mamool with COR/WAR roll, but on Odin there are always parties ruining your camps at North Mamool Ja.

brd, cor(dd), smn(me, haste, howl and heal), and 3 dd, middle camp birds. broke something like chain 250 before people had to leave.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

rdm, brd, cor and 3x war/sam or sam/war with polearm bird camp. and You pull birds and wivres, other then that, the players should follow these mechanics
    1- we use to make sure we dont lose chain is having the brd macro " pulling wivre Next <call21>" so that melees save TP, meditate etc on current bird.
    2- puller should not pull wivre back to back.
    3- cor should come /whm and focus on erase, cure , and use QD only for damage. there are very few rdms that can pull this off being the only mage job in PT.

we have been getting 30-32k/1hr using this method, also sometimes we use whm instead of rdm, who can auspice, and use holy on wivres. which worked fine if brd gives him ballad and cor gives him evokers+ the mp from sublimination

So you had 7 people in your merit pt?

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

The best I've seen myself is WAR/SAM SAM/WAR DRK/SAM COR/WAR BRD/whatev WHM/SCH or RDM/WHM at MMJSP, I prefer middle but North is good too. Chaos/Samurai/March/March, we were killing so quickly the DRG Mamools couldn't even pop Wyverns, came out 29.8k/hr according to my ExpWatch.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I've always wondered if SMN could survive at birds. Garuda's hastega only lasts like 1.5mins and costs 100+ mp right? Assuming the DD's aren't subbing NIN, does SMN have enough curing potential to keep up?

For me, I either go rdm or war, usually rdm, mainly because I can 2box another rdm and have infinite mp. This lets our DD's sub w/e they want.

RDM COR(DD) BRD WAR DRG DRG has been my best setup, granted i was 2boxing healers. It's very tough to keep up haste and heal a bunch of DRG/WARs with just 1 rdm.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hmmm, I do not know much since I am unanimously not part of these set ups due to my job distribution. From what I could gather is much along the lines of what people above have said.

2x support, preferred that there are one of each, a bard and a corsair
    4x piercing capable DD's war/sam, sam/war, drg/sam, etc.
    Greater lolibri.

...if there is a lack of competition, or competition that does not measure up to that...congratulations...you have a ton of xp/hour, possibly at the cost of another groups chain if there is competition about.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    The best I've seen myself is WAR/SAM SAM/WAR DRK/SAM COR/WAR BRD/whatev WHM/SCH or RDM/WHM at MMJSP, I prefer middle but North is good too. Chaos/Samurai/March/March, we were killing so quickly the DRG Mamools couldn't even pop Wyverns, came out 29.8k/hr according to my ExpWatch.
    This. MMJSP is the only way to fly.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I like:

DRG/SAM (angon for wivres)
    DRK/SAM
    WAR or SAM with polearm
    COR
    BRD
    RDM

Bird camp. 2. March, Chaos roll and SAM or WAR roll depending on which of those two jobs you have.

This works well for mamool too if the DRG holds angon for high evasion mobs.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Warrior/Samurai
    Dragoon/Samurai
    Dark Knight/Samurai
    Bard/Ninja
    Corsair/Red Mage
    White Mage/Scholar

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Best merit PT setup is: SMN SMN SM-- I mean, uh.. WAR WAR WAR RDM BRD BRD.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

my best pt was with BRD BRD RDM COR (full dd orienteded gearwas (me)) NIN DRG. Shit was melting like ice, according to exp watch 34 k exp/hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrala View Post
    I've always wondered if SMN could survive at birds. Garuda's hastega only lasts like 1.5mins and costs 100+ mp right? Assuming the DD's aren't subbing NIN, does SMN have enough curing potential to keep up?
    hastega can last 3 minutes, the same as regular haste, when the summoner has +30 skill, so its not an issue of keeping it up. curewise i do ok, not even using light staff, the only tricky thing is back to back pecks on a dd with no shadows.

summoner really has enough to mainheal bird or mmj, might struggle with skoffin. whats good about getting smn into merits though is hastega and ecliptic howl on a full moon, or if you find a smn with a +60 build, rolling thunder and thf or mnk dd.

[2012: Year of the Whore]
    BG Level

A couple of times it's been mentioned the Cor using Drk+War/Sam/Etc. but is it still true that Drk+Cor rolls are better and end up giving more XP than two melee rolls?

I only ask b/c I don't parse and I've always held this to be true and bitch people out when they want two melee rolls when we are over-killing mobs.

Just curious if it's "optimum" to use Cor roll still or if things have changed. (And yes I know when to use two melee roll and when not to.. aka sucky PT v/s good PT).

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I usually roll with;

WHM/SCH
    SAM/WAR
    SAM/WAR
    BRD/NIN
    COR/WAR
    DRG/SAM

shit dies to fast to take any damage.
    last PT I made hit up to 26.5k/hr at MMJSP sat out in the middle even took out the air elemental when he spawned, he didn't know what hit him.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I've never actually managed to overkill at MMJSP when dragging in Skoffins and such, if they didn't mess with chain I would think 2nd Melee + Wivres may outdo COR roll at Nyzul Birds, but then there's also the multi-relic parties that can still overkill even on those, so not sure.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin View Post
    Best merit PT setup is: SMN SMN SM-- I mean, uh.. WAR WAR WAR RDM BRD BRD.
    Hahaha. Speaking of SMN burn...

Spoiler: show

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    However, to post threads asking or describing how to do it is no more advanced than asking or describing your favorite merit camps or what party setup you prefer.
    Emphasis mine. Whoops =)

Best exp/hour I have had has always came from 3 DD, RDM, BRDx2/BRD&COR parties, either at MMJSP or at colibris taking all the birds reach-able and killing wivres/mamools till other birds repop. I have never had the privilege to merit in a 2 DD, 3 support and 1 healer party, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast