BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

42 WAR gear.

So I had my first XP party since I made a massive upgrade in my WAR gear, and it was a lot of fun. (And by "a lot of fun", I mean "I constantly pulled hate because I was out-damaging everyone and the tank was repeatedly cursing my name".)

But I think my gear can be better. A lot of stuff is kind of outdated just because I really can't find anything that has obviously better stats. TThis is my gear profile, so for all of the veteran WARs out there what is your advice?

Should I dump the Ogygos's Bracelets because of the -DEX? What about back item, is there anything worthwhile until Jaeger Mantle?

Any constructive comments are welcome.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Wouldn't change anything unless you wanted HQ earrings, and axes.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Get attack earrings and use a Swordbelt+1. Also switch to STR rings for your WS and PUT SOME DAMN PANTS ON

Voyager Sallet wtf screw emp

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

If you always /NIN i would drop the chainmail and go back to Garrison Tunica. I also agree with the attack earrings. I fucking love warrior, it's the best mainjob in the game imo. Defense be damned!

Really though I'm an RDM like you with macros out the ass, I would really use +atk earrings/garrison tunica and then macro out when you pull hate if you feel like it.

Looks good, but what i'd change are earrings (beetles +1 ftw), if you want you can easily macro dodge for when you get hate.

Gigas brc set is god nuff said, if you want you can use af1 gloves later but honestly -3dex is NOT doing anything negative in terms of dealing damage that +5 STR doesn't make up for.

Hmm, few things you should change.

The pin needs to go. Get valkyrie mask or walkthinger, whichever floats your boat (i prefer walkthinger for the hp).

Rings...snipers are kinda sketchy for WAR. I'd say keep them, but buy a set of puissance rings too. Use the snipers if you are missing too much when aggressor is down, otherwise stick to +str.

Earrings definately need to be changed. There is honestly no point trying to make a warrior evade anything higher then DC, it's a lost cause. Also they add nothing at all to DD, which is how war tanks anyway-mass damage that makes your BLM cry.

I would also ditch the belt, subligar, and I think leeping boots (cant remember what else is available for feet). Replace the belt with sword+1 (later get life belt for when agressor is down), subligar with garrison legs, and feet...well...I think there is something with +str on it. I can't remember what...but there has to be something :/ If not stick with the leeping I guess.

Ogyogo's and your mantle are fine, -dex really doesn't effect you much and there isn't any mantle that I can think of before jaeger. Hell I used Ram Mantle until 61 on my war cause there was absolutely nothing worth equipping back then ;x

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    ..it's the best mainjob in the game imo.
    I read it as this:

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    ..it's the best manjob in the game imo.

Oh something else I noticed, you should swap one of those axes for AF (I think? It's +2str/dex but I can't remember dmg/delay) and get a +1CC axe. Get a CC boomerang+1/+2(if you get a +2 I will kill you D too for when you have a thf/rng to debuff.

Personally I think Snipers are fine; as sushi is gay until lvl 60 ish, especially if you have the insane acc that WAR gets with agressor (zomg 3min acc boost?!) you really don't need sushi, although macro'ing in STR rings for WS would be a good idea and if you're comfortable with your accuracy when aggressor is up you can use them too.

Sushi builds are really gay unless you do them right cause in that case they own. If only people weren't stupid and didn't go for IT+++ for zomg 200 exp every 5 mins.

I owned both acc and str sets of gear even before sushi, but as a WAR I found my hit rate was still very good with all +STR gear on and ended up selling most of my ACC gear (excluding snipers...kept those to get past LoO)

Off topic, but Orfeo, your sig says "It's better inside Orfeo" and there a picture of well... you should get it by now...

lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

CC axe+1, Swordbelt+1, Valkyrie's Mask, and Walkure Mask are all level 43 items, so I have to wait a level before I can use any of them. (Also Aggressor is level 45.)

I felt my biggest issue last night was that the DRG (who was pretty damn good) was getting TP faster than I was since he was using sushi. I felt my accuracy was a little too low, so I am hesitant to drop the snipers and tilt belt. (I do have the +3 STR rings, but my accuracy was a little too lame for them.)

I have been thinking about buying beetle earrings+1 back, there really isn't anything much better until spike earrings at 55 or so. (I guess turtle+1, but I'm sure that they cost a small fortune.)

But anyway, would the +1 STR and DEX from Garrison Hose really be better than +5 attack on Republican Subligar? Like it or not, Republican Subligar is an incredible piece of equipment.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Get a Voyager sallet, it's the greatest head gear in the world of vana'diel. I make sweet love to mine every night before I logout just because it's so good.

At that lvl I went for a acc heavy setup and used attack food, absolutely blew every other melee to bits, that, of course, might be partly due to the fact that most ppl at those lvls are severely gimp

I used acc setup with atk food until the point where sushi just became a necessity, but always, and still carry both sushi and atk food, as well as acc, STR, atk gear.

Oh yea, like other have already said, drop the subligar

Edit: I'd go with RSE gloves at least up until lv50, I think the 6 extra DEX is more noticeable then 2 extra STR. Personally I used RSE gloves all the way to lv 60.

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd get the beetle+1, +eva does nothing for war on the exp mob level. You notice a diffrence with +eva on EP-EM but thats about it. I'd also upgrade to valkrie mask and use HQ str rings.Aggressor is estimated at +25 Acc bonus, you should be able to rely on that quite often. Maybe keep the snipers for when you need them, but you shouldnt need them very much. As for belt, i'd upgrade to sword belt+1 for +12 att or Vanguard belt (+3 str +5 att) it depends on what you think you need. Other then that your warrior has great equipment. I'd also upgrade to Combat caster +1 or +2 (depending on budget) if you needed i could craft them into +1 (not much chance for +2) with Combat casters+mythril ingot.Hope the info helps :D

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

"and the tank was repeatedly cursing my name"

i wasnt cursing ur name >.> i just suck at NIN

Ah, 43 eh? My bad. But ya, keep both sets of gear (acc and attk) you will need them if you plan on using war endgame anyway.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zerilz
    "and the tank was repeatedly cursing my name"

i wasnt cursing ur name >.> i just suck at NIN
    You did a pretty good job. If you thought you lost hate alot in that party, you should have leveled with my DRK.