+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (MC: 71, RT: 87%)

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/s...edragontattoo/

omggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Fincher is awesome, and his aesthetic sensibilities fit perfectly with the series. The trailer is fucking great.

wow that trailer was great. i havent read those books, but now i might have too...

Aren't the movies somewhat new anyways? Why the quick remake, I understand this is going to be americanized, but were the original films that bad?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The original movies rocked, but I think the only foreigners (read: non-Scandinavians) that saw it are the ones that read the books. As such, I believe Hollywood took their chance at making a movie too in order to appeal to a wider market.

Oh I haven't read the book but I've got all three in my netflix queue. Got half way through and passed out first time trying to watch it.

The trailer looks good

Red Parrot
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The original films were fine. (Even if they couldn't get the same actress to play lisbeth for each of the films.)

Fucking Hollywood. Why cant they just leave an o.k. story alone.
    This did not need to be Amerikkkanized... BLARGH.

Quote Originally Posted by finitek View Post
    The original films were fine. (Even if they couldn't get the same actress to play lisbeth for each of the films.)
    IMDB says otherwise???

She's in that new Alien movie too right?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

can someone tell me which are the books for this my friend watched the first film and said it was pretty good but he'd like to read all the books

edit, just watched the trailer looks pretty good but at the end it just says "Coming" didn't think it was that kind of film

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Never read the books, but the movie looks intriguing. Daniel Craig being in it only helps. Will probably want to see this when it comes out.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Curious to see how Hollywood handles a few scenes.

aduidarnenye

The books for this series are amazing. It's depressing there will never be another. They just completely sucked me in. I had all three read in two weeks.

I watched the first Swedish movie but I didn't like the actor playing the guy. He just didn't cut it for me. Lisbeth was amazing though.

That trailer was amazing. I hope they stick more to the novel than the Swedish version did.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For the original swedish trilogy, the 2nd & 3rd movies were pretty bad.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Ivaden View Post
    Agreed, such was my thoughts upon watching the original(s), knowing that a re-make was already in the works.

can someone tell me which are the books for this my friend watched the first film and said it was pretty good but he'd like to read all the books
    The books have the same name as the films.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Ivaden View Post
    Looked like there was a flash of her getting raped in the trailer, and considering the movie poster is already blasting full pierced frontal, I'm not really concerned.

It's not really getting 'Americanized' in the usual sense. I'd say it's going to be it's own film, but at the same time the original (Part 1) had a very unique, dark look to it.

I liked Rapace as Lizbeth but this new chick seems ok (she's a good enough actress; but I'm biased cuz I think she's hot). She's much more attractive and I think for an American version, they producers wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Fincher has a great sense of style. I think he personally chose Rooney Mara as Lizbeth so here's hoping she doesn't disappoint.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

The trailer makes me not want to see this =\ I feel like the trailer for Inception; shit told me nothing about the movie or why I want to see it, but at least with inception I knew the directer never fails to deliver. Do I know anything else from Fincher that should pique my interests?

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    The trailer makes me not want to see this =\ I feel like the trailer for Inception; shit told me nothing about the movie or why I want to see it, but at least with inception I knew the directer never fails to deliver. Do I know anything else from Fincher that should pique my interests?
    Seriously???

The Game (underrated)
    Fight Club
    Seven
    Panic Room (I liked it!)
    Zodiac
    The Social Network
    Aliens 3 (I liked it!)

Seriously, Fincher is legit. He is the American Nolan, actually he's just Fincher. He could have done the Batman movies justice too with his aesthetic sensibilities (he 'gets' it).

His resume speaks for itself, and I think I listed all his work. Pretty good record.

Nolan's made:

The Following
    Memento
    Insomnia
    The Prestige
    Batman Begins
    Inception
    TDK

(am I missing any?)

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

The original movie was long and drawn out as fuck. It had the same never-ending "poor me" that the movie Precious had. So much bad shit happens to the main character that after awhile it becomes comical.

I wouldn't say it was bad, but I definitely wouldn't watch it again.

aduidarnenye

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    The original movie was long and drawn out as fuck. It had the same never-ending "poor me" that the movie Precious had. So much bad shit happens to the main character that after awhile it becomes comical.

I wouldn't say it was bad, but I definitely wouldn't watch it again.
    The book is the same way. Bad stuff just keeps happening to her over and over again. You keep thinking, okay, that's gotta be the end of it, things have to turn around now, but then something awful happens again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast