+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 98 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel vs. Gaza round 99     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Israel vs. Gaza round 99

At least 15 people have been killed in the Gaza Strip, Palestinian officials say, as the Israeli military prepares "all options" to stop rocket fire.

The Israeli military said 131 rockets had been fired from Gaza since Monday night. It said a rocket launched at Tel Aviv on Tuesday had been intercepted.

Later, a BBC journalist in Jerusalem reported hearing loud explosions following air raid sirens.

Israel has authorised the call-up of up to 40,000 military reservists.

Hundreds of reservists have already been drafted to bolster forces around Gaza.

The Palestinian militant group Hamas said all Israelis were now targets.

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas demanded that Israel immediately stop the raids on Gaza and appealed for calm.

'War crime'
    The White House issued a statement on Tuesday condemning the rocket fire and expressed support for Israel's right to defend itself "against these vicious attacks".

The Israeli military earlier said it had targeted some 150 "terror sites" in response to the missiles being fired from Gaza.

It confirmed that aircraft and naval vessels had targeted militant compounds, rocket launchers and other infrastructure in Gaza, which is dominated by Hamas and until recently was governed by it.
    The sudden escalation comes just days after suggestions of a truce from both Israel and militant groups in Gaza.

Tensions spiked last week with the murders of three young Israelis in the occupied West Bank and a Palestinian teenager in Jerusalem.

Israel says Hamas was behind the abduction and murder of the Israeli youths - a claim it denies.

A day after their funerals, the Palestinian was abducted in East Jerusalem and murdered. Police have arrested six Jewish suspects and say it seems the 16-year-old was killed because of his nationality
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28206556

blax n gunz
    BG Level

This is twice the mobilization of Cast Lead.

Lots and lots of civilians are going to die for Israeli settlement land.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

OH ZIONISM

YOU SO CRAZY

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Btw, being burned alive has to be about the most painful possible way to go. It is definitely top 3, and I am just saying that for safety because I cannot think of anything that tops it.

Damn Israel, you scary!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

oy vey!

There's a synagogue about 20 minutes from me that i'd passed by yesterday; there was around 70 people there demanding the US fervently support Israel, etc.

Naturally there were tons of Israeli flags being waved too. There were also some of the old anti-Semitism fearmongering too.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

I like how they can't even say the US doesn't support Israel. They have to demand the US FERVENTLY support Israel.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I for one think we need to launch a pre-preemptive strike against the Israelis. They'll never see it coming.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

They're arguably the most prevalent foreign spies discovered in the US so...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    They're arguably the most prevalent foreign spies discovered in the US so...
    Just ask Johnathan Pollard.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

when they get to round 100 do they get their card stamped for a free subway sandwich?

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti View Post
    when they get to round 100 do they get their card stamped for a free subway sandwich?
    Yeah, this'll be there 100000th free sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Btw, being burned alive has to be about the most painful possible way to go. It is definitely top 3, and I am just saying that for safety because I cannot think of anything that tops it.

Damn Israel, you scary!
    If you're lucky you die from asphyxiation from all the smoke relatively quickly.

I think that's about the bleakest silver lining I've ever thought of

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

or you go into shock and go kinda numb to everything, or better yet pass out. but yeah, hardly silver. maybe tin lining?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Burns really aren't that bad since once you get to 3rd degree(if i remember the hierarchy right and these guys aren't purposefully making lowering the amount of heat/damage to make things more painful) you no longer have nerves to sense pain in your skin or your skin.

Box Jellyfish venom is probably the worst. You can actually die from the sheer pain as your body no longer wants to live on this planet anymore. Treatment consists of buckets of morphine not doing shit for you, trying to stop the stung victim from committing suicide, and then the sense of impending doom(an actual side effect of the venom among many) kicks in.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Well, before you burn to death I assume that you generally get first and second degree burns all over your body. Also, muscles have nocioceptors too (and muscle pain is generally what makes people go to a clinic) so the pain doesn't stop at the third degree. Because you burn from the outside in, you're basically activating every heat nocioceptor in your body sequentially. while leaving your nervous system mostly intact to feel the pain until it finished burning through your skin and gets to your dorsal roots. It has to really be far up there.

Also, wikipedia says this about your contender:
    C. fleckeri is best known for its extremely powerful and occasionally fatal "sting". The sting produces excruciating pain accompanied by an intense burning sensation, like being branded with a red hot iron. In Australia, fatalities are most often caused by the larger specimens of C. fleckeri.
    Burning also causes burning!

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Wouldn't you pass out from the intense pain before you get to experience the lasting sensations of being burned alive? I mean after screaming to your lungs out from the being cooked.

Jeez, this got grim quick. Grim even for the Middle East.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Wouldn't you pass out from the intense pain before you get to experience the lasting sensations of being burned alive? I mean after screaming to your lungs out from the being cooked.

Jeez, this got grim quick. Grim even for the Middle East.
    Shouldn't have been posting in a burn zone.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

passing out is kinda iffy. some people do, some people don't. i've never passed out from pain (have from other stuff) but some people do, even if the source of the pain is relatively mundane.

pain is INCREDIBLY subjective. obviously fire is one of the less-subjective sources of pain, but even so, peoples' responses and tolerance to it are going to be different.

I've always thought that Fatal familial insomnia was the worst way to go.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Learned two things from a bit of research today.

I always wondered why Hamas fires rockets into Israel, instead of into the settlements in Gaza. You'd think that attacking the settlements directly would be a more effective way of getting your point across that Israel supports tyrannical land-grabs. But then I learned that there are no more Israeli settlements in the Gaza strip, they dismantled them in 2005.

Other thing is - Israel always criticizes Hamas for hiding among civilian populations. ...but the Gaza strip has a population density of 9,713 people per square mile, making it the 6th most densely populated "country" in the world. It's about equal to the population density of Santa Monica or Staten Island. Where the fuck are the militants supposed to go that isn't surrounded by civilians?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 98 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag