+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Trophy/Sticker Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The Trophy/Sticker Thread

I didn't see a thread dedicated to the trophies and stickers yet, so I figured I'd make one. Basically I figure that we can talk about the trophies and stickers here. How to find them, what good sticker combos are for your SSE characters, whatnot.

Anyway, what I'll start out with is this: When you read the description on the Trophy Stand trophy, it mentions that if you lower a boss's HP down enough, you may be able to capture it as a trophy. Has anyone actually seen a trophy stand spawn during a boss battle in SSE? If you've already beaten the bosses in SSE, can you fight them again in that mode or will you have to start a new playthrough file?

Some other interesting things about earning trophies:
    In classic mode it would seem that characters that can change will only earn a trophy of the form they are in when they beat the boss at the end of classic mode. ie. If you change into Sheik and beat Master/Crazy hand, you only get a Sheik trophy. This can be kind of annoying, especially with the number of characters that have alternate forms that you'll have to do multiple clears on classic mode for. Beating classic with Pokemon Trainer 3 times got a little bit tedious.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Re: The Trophy/Sticker Thread

It would be pretty interesting and difficult if you could catch the final boss...

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

You can catch all bosses in SSE with a trophy stand, including Tabuu. They're rare, but they appear more often if you put a "Trophy Stand +X" sticker on a character and play on a higher difficulty.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm pretty sure the Tabuu trophy is the prize for beating Boss Battles on Intense difficulty, too.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

There's two tabuu trophies, a normal one and one with wings. Also two of Galleom(sp)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Ah, that makes sense. Question about stickers: What's an example of "Specials: Direct" and "Specials: Indirect." Would indirect be stuff like Marth's counter? And if a sticker gives, say, water attack up, would squirtle's up smash be effected by that?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

I think specials: Indirect would be projectliles/ranged attacks, like Ness/lucas PK moves

Banned.

BG Level

They should have let you print stickers, like Pokemon Snap.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona
    You can catch all bosses in SSE with a trophy stand, including Tabuu. They're rare, but they appear more often if you put a "Trophy Stand +X" sticker on a character and play on a higher difficulty.
    How does this work? They vanish when you zone.

And you had to beat classic 3 times with Pokemon trainer? My trophy just has the actual trainer on it and I beat it a few times with PT already. I noticed it with Shiek but Im wondering if I have to do it with Samus as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    And you had to beat classic 3 times with Pokemon trainer? My trophy just has the actual trainer on it and I beat it a few times with PT already. I noticed it with Shiek but Im wondering if I have to do it with Samus as well.
    Just the Pokemon Trainer trophy appears at the end, but it also gives you the trophy of the pokemon you beat Master Hand with. So, you have to beat Master Hand with all 3 of the Pokemon and you'll get all 3 of their trophies. Also, you do have to beat it with Zero Suit Samus as well. She does have a different trophy.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Thulius Deorum
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona
    How does this work? They vanish when you zone.
    Stands actually appear during boss fights as long as you're not playing on easy.

First completion with PT gets you the trainer's trophy and a trophy for whichever pokemon you were using at the end, you have to beat it two more times with the other pokemon for theirs.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Yeah, stands appear during the actual boss fights, they just take forever. That's why I suggested playing on a high difficulty level and using a sticker since they appear more often on higher difficulties. Even on high difficulties you can be waiting around for a few minutes if you're unlucky. Also, I believe they still appear on Easy, it would just take so long to appear that it's not even worth it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Ok, so what stickers give a boost to the stands appearing then? Is it ones that say "Trophy Drop +#"? Cuz I have some of those I think it's the little suitcase guy named Stuffit or something like that. Or is it a sticker that says Trophy Stand drops +whatever?

And anyway, playing on intense, the stands show up for me fairly quickly even on characters that don't have stickers for more stands. I've gotten Galleom round 2's, Porky's, Rayquaza's, and Petey Pirahna's, still working on Duon's, I might just lower the difficulty on him because he's a bitch on intense for me. I almost had Ridley's, but when I threw the stand at him I realized he was hovering over the pit and the trophy fell off the screen ><

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Huggo
    Ok, so what stickers give a boost to the stands appearing then? Is it ones that say "Trophy Drop +#"? Cuz I have some of those I think it's the little suitcase guy named Stuffit or something like that. Or is it a sticker that says Trophy Stand drops +whatever?

And anyway, playing on intense, the stands show up for me fairly quickly even on characters that don't have stickers for more stands. I've gotten Galleom round 2's, Porky's, Rayquaza's, and Petey Pirahna's, still working on Duon's, I might just lower the difficulty on him because he's a bitch on intense for me. I almost had Ridley's, but when I threw the stand at him I realized he was hovering over the pit and the trophy fell off the screen ><
    What character are you using? Duon is cake as lucas. I love the pink side, absorbing one of his attacks to get to 0%= :nikkei:

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Thulius Deorum
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There's trophy drops+ and trophy stand drops+, two different effects.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Noobta

What character are you using? Duon is cake as lucas. I love the pink side, absorbing one of his attacks to get to 0%= :nikkei:
    Pit, Pokemon Trainer, Toon Link, and Ike mainly. But I'll probably take Ike out because I can't really capitalize on countering oportunities on Duon. Maybe I'll take out PT and put in Ness and Lucas and keep Pit and Toon Link.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Pit, Pokemon Trainer, Toon Link, and Ike mainly. But I'll probably take Ike out because I can't really capitalize on countering oportunities on Duon. Maybe I'll take out PT and put in Ness and Lucas and keep Pit and Toon Link.
    Are you doing boss battles? Or just going back and fighting them?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Are you doing boss battles? Or just going back and fighting them?
    Going back into SSE and fighting them for trophies.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Fuck yeah! Just beat Tabuu on Intense in Subspace Emissary AND capture him in a trophy :D

Fuck yeah! Just beat Tabuu on Intense in Subspace Emissary AND capture him in a trophy :D
    do they have to be at like 1% to capture?