BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bushido Cape     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Bushido Cape

I've been considering this for my BST60. I mean, everyone knows Amemet +1 is hella awesome but... I've wondered if this is any good too.

The Store TP +1 can give Store TP +2 when paired with Chiv. Chain, and the Subtle Blow +1 never hurt anyone (albeit really small).

But the real intruiging part is Zanshin+. Has anyone tested this out? Proc rate any good?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

When I asked on KI they said it was +3%. No numbers, afaik no one's ever done an in-depth test. I was looking at a hypothetical zanshin+haste endgame set, but that got sunk with that 3% figure.

Sorry I can't give proof

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

As far as Store TP, +1 really isnt going to make a difference (or +2 with chain), it depends on weapon delay, but more often than not its not going to allow you to get 100 in 6 hits instead of 7 hits for example. Now pair it with store tp+5 from rajas and it may make more of a difference, though you would probably be able to get 100 tp in 6 hits anyway with just the +6 from rajas and chain. You could consider the subtle blow+1 the same way.

I dont know the proc rate on the zanshin effect, I'd assume its low, but imo its kind of a waste of a slot to buy something just for zanshin. Sure it would help if you are missing fairly often, but if thats the case then Settler's Cape might be a better choice (Acc+10 Att-10). But normally I'd say Amemet+1 would be more beneficial.

I could be completely wrong though, I've never tested it, but from a statistical perspective it seems like a waste.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Juib
    As far as Store TP, +1 really isnt going to make a difference (or +2 with chain), it depends on weapon delay, but more often than not its not going to allow you to get 100 in 6 hits instead of 7 hits for example. Now pair it with store tp+5 from rajas and it may make more of a difference, though you would probably be able to get 100 tp in 6 hits anyway with just the +6 from rajas and chain. You could consider the subtle blow+1 the same way.
    Yeah, I already know Subtle Blow/Store TP +1 is a really small number (0.1 each I think?).

Hmm, I might do some testing with this cape. Just... 10k points from Periqia, ugh. 3% doesn't sound very encouraging though.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

General rule: The better your acc is w/o Zanshin, the more useless it is. If you don't miss a lot, it won't activate. Store TP is useless unless you can get 100tp in 1 swing less than w/o it. Subtle blow is also useless as mobs can 100tp very fast, but don't always use their TP, so the rate they get TP doesn't matter. Stick with the amemet mantle +1, it's just too good.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Well not counting food or Haubergeon I'm packing:

-Jaridah Bazubands (ACC +3)
    -Life Belt (ACC +10)
    -Venerer Ring (ACC +3)
    -Chivalrous Chain (+5 ACC)
    -Luisant Solerets (+1 ACC)
    -Balance Buckler (+3 ACC)

So +25 ACC. I figured I could push more STR/DEX by grabbing this cape and dropping the Jaridah for Sipahi Hands (+4 STR +3 DEX). I'd lose out on the ATK +15 but I'd gain a bunch more STR in exchange for Rampage.

Ah, dumb idea. Good 'ol Amemet +1 it is.

Are you talking about Solo BST? Please excuse this post if you arent talking about solo but:

Solo Beast NEEDS to be hitting more than anything else. There is nothing like wiffing like crazy at the end of a mob, and no greater cause of death to a solo BST. You shouldnt be gearing up expecting to miss, you should be gearing up to a point where your miss rate becomes as good as it can be (95%), and then considering other things. Putting your faith in zanshin aquired from an item to overcome accuracy deficiancies on BST is a 2 fold problem. Firstly, murphy's law says that any time you actually need that zanshin to activate, it wont. And secondly, you lose amemet

As for the store TP+1, even if you consider the Chiv chain too for store TP+2, it equates to a grand total of +0.16TP per swing on an 8TP/swing axe. I dont know what axes you are using, but in my experience most axes I used around 60 through to 75 had a happy habit of giving me exactly 100TP from an even number of swings. You dont need store TP, and cant really make good use of it, if that is the case.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Metah
    Well not counting food or Haubergeon I'm packing:

-Jaridah Bazubands (ACC +3)
    -Life Belt (ACC +10)
    -Venerer Ring (ACC +3)
    -Chivalrous Chain (+5 ACC)
    -Luisant Solerets (+1 ACC)
    -Balance Buckler (+3 ACC)

So +25 ACC. I figured I could push more STR/DEX by grabbing this cape and dropping the Jaridah for Sipahi Hands (+4 STR +3 DEX). I'd lose out on the ATK +15 but I'd gain a bunch more STR in exchange for Rampage.

Ah, dumb idea. Good 'ol Amemet +1 it is.
    ACC good, ATK not good. I don't know if you guys consider haste but for me I stack ACC on all slots that I can't get haste on. And Settler's cap is probably the best cap for soloing....

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

On the topic of Bushido cape, but woefully slightly derailed from the BST choice, I've been seriously considering this for paladin. Paladin gear selection while leveling doesn't naturally incline it to good accuracy, and this seems like an interesting way to affect that. From what I recall, Zanshin in general seems to work best around 50% accuracy, which is about average for a paladin from what I've seen (haven't parsed mine in ages). I've been using high breath mantle for a while, and while I like the Enmity+5, once I get past colibris (hate tanking ninja mobs on paladin, rgh), I don't think I'll need that extra enmity to hold hate, and I would like to contribute a little more damage.

I'm fascinated with the idea of giving traits a job doesn't normally have, but these items tend to not be worth it (I tried an avenger's earring for a while [still /war though], and it procced 4 times in three hours on a good night). If it's around 3% Zanshin rate, that doesn't sound like it'll have a profound impact even on a ~50% accuracy rate.