Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

So we're screwing around in WKR because we felt like blowing something up, and we did this in the process. Forgive the crappy WS from me, I only brought my tank set along.

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/w...psuygtuvgo.jpg

Nice Yeager! :D

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Honestly if I was going to point to a time period I'd say aht urghan. That's when tp gain rate and ws dmg started to become more commonly higher to the point holding tp was detrimental. Combine with lots of camps with low def mobs instead of fighting crabs and MBing became a bad idea
    Wrong, it was once they introduced sushi, which was CoP. Mid in CoP they realized how much damage melee actually do when they can hit things. People started to realize how much dia and haste actually did for the party. The only reason nukers had a place was because the acceptable accuracy was abysmally low and the resist rate on magic was no where near as close to what melee had to suffer. People that held onto BLM were only doing it because of being set on old ways rather than what was the most effective way. Certainly getting away from crabs helped a lot, but CoP introduced a quite a few camps that helped in doing that as well. I will say I miss fighting giant Jeffrey's though

BLMs still persisted because they were also much more self-sufficient.

They didn't need BRD songs to do good damage, could heal and buff themselves, etc.

Melee had to be kept hasted/songed/healed if you wanted to take advantage of them, there wasn't any such fuss over BLMs.

Even then melee were ever only really ideal in situations where time was a factor, it was worth taking advantage of their better/faster damage for things like exp and merits but when you went to fight Wyrms/Bahamut/sky gods/jailers/etc it was a lot simpler to just have a bunch of BLMs pew pewing than have to organize a melee pt with a dedicated BRD/WHM/RDM to keep them buffed and alive.

It's kind of why SAM was always so strong, because their WS bypassed both the ACC and ATK issues melee faced they didn't need to rely so much on outside buffs to do decent damage and as a bonus they could SC easier and more often than other melees.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    Wrong, it was once they introduced sushi, which was CoP. Mid in CoP they realized how much damage melee actually do when they can hit things. People started to realize how much dia and haste actually did for the party. The only reason nukers had a place was because the acceptable accuracy was abysmally low and the resist rate on magic was no where near as close to what melee had to suffer. People that held onto BLM were only doing it because of being set on old ways rather than what was the most effective way. Certainly getting away from crabs helped a lot, but CoP introduced a quite a few camps that helped in doing that as well. I will say I miss fighting giant Jeffrey's though
    meh on my server it didn't really become that popular until aht urghan and squishy mobs and a greater concentration of more buffers and better equipped melees. Outside of a few specific roaming camps still usually had blm or 2 and skillchain set up at most the CoP camps I did. A lot of it came down to there were so few brds at the time and not as easy to get haste gear. Plus a lot of the CoP missions kind of favored ranged dmg so melees weren't too popular in a lot of those either

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

its the same thing for how people defaulted to pet jobs for things like WoE v2. they arent capable of grasping the idea that a single buffed melee with support (that actually heals them and frees them from status effects without being asked! oh god!) is all that is needed, and if everyone went with that in mind, that those fluxes would go down so fast it wouldnt even be an issue. what youre talking about is a theme that has prevailed throughout ffxi, and shows ones ability to work together. there is a point which if there are enough pet jobs, that it becomes irrelevent because shit dies so fast, but what im saying is that point is met significantly earlier and with less players when considering proper melee and support. so people wondering why a wipe occured in woe when no one is willing to work together (such a blm who believes wholeheartedly they shouldnt have a set for casting haste, precast,midcast, and same goes for curing)

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

WoE was also originally full of mobs that would 1shot people without perfect DT sets (and sometimes even with). Why deal with dead DDs when you cant just toss a bunch of avatars at it for the same, faster, result?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

well, even before ilevel, (level 99, though) i was able to 2box fluxes 13+11 (this was as of the update that changed it). i stayed up there exlcusively when no one else was there, mostly since jp's only went for a few hours at night, with huge numbers of pet jobs. and i made like 70m in that week (killkenny joined me after a few days, so i cant say i was entirely alone) after people started asking me/following me/coming with me/ect it became a pet job thing again. which was annoying because it was now harder to get max points (i know it may not have much to do with rewards, but sometimes i didnt even get min. on mule) it is the same way now, i can 2box fluxes 13 and 11, it is hard and sometimes i can fail if i get cocky, ect. but ill ask people if they want to come and they either dont want to believe it and insist coming a pet job (which doesnt contribute to the way i do it that much,)or just dont believe me in general that its worth doing since its "too hard"(also there are those people that insist on using POS hacks which cause links and weird ass shit to go down that cant be accounted for which REALLY pisses me off in the low man aspect, which generally, is the only way youre going to be able to do it.

the dd's shouldnt be dead when anyone with mp still has mp in their mp bar. that goes for every single smn ive ever done woe with, lol. they simply do not believe they can cure. ive never understood why someone would neglect an entire tool box of beneficial abilities and opt to instead go with how they believe the job should be played, when put into practice, is entirely self oriented, rather than what my main point in my last post, being team oriented and thus performing better as a group than everyone individually combined.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Remember though that WoE was created when the lvl cap was just bumped to 80.

Granted the later flux's were created and "balanced" around the player level at their time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Seemed like the closest place this would go...

Oddly adding things up it seems like it's actually missing a lot

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

How in the hell....do the Escha zones have some special bonus exp or something going on? I can't imagine how you would get that much from Double Exp/Rhapsodies/Echad alone. Was it just a T3 NM or something?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I could regularly get ~30k from Mosquitos during the last campaign (with Echad). Doesn't surprise me that there's a new mob that can give even more exp than that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's actually MMM... and given that I was getting 5-6k directly per kill on 19 mobs with the first few being higher I think there might be some kind of cap or it just didn't count them all

Ufos in sky do give a bit more than mosquitos so that might actually work too. Guess I will have to try that as well.

Edit: Tried UFOs highest I could get was 42k though I was only using trust cor instead of main but shouldn't be that much higher with a player

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Placing this here. Another successful science experiment!

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/w...pszbp0maaj.png

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

/nin is better for epeen you silly man. Also lol Malthar's tribox help.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    /nin is better for epeen you silly man. Also lol Malthar's tribox help.
    /NIN? How old school! And I was getting TP just fine tyvm! And also it's a CP party....

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    /NIN? How old school! And I was getting TP just fine tyvm! And also it's a CP party....
    For the epeen not the tp silly! Offhand that mab dagger or whatever. It'd probably be less dps in the long run though but bigger CS numbers. And that's not a pt that's you a troll mules and trusts!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

With my updated Cloudsplitter set.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    With my updated Cloudsplitter set.

Can you post? I've only hit like 22k.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Can you post? I've only hit like 22k.
    Keep in mind, the 26.6k Cloudsplitter was done with ~2.5k TP after Sekkanoki, the 12k CS was a resist. Also, I had a GEO (non Idris) Blaze of Glory Malaise hence the beefed up damage. With standard Malaise at 3k TP I was hitting 19k Cloudsplitter.