+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Civilization: Revolution     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Civilization: Revolution

So yea, new Civilization game for consoles. Played the Demo on 360, and thought it was pretty good for being developed for console. Hell, even my wife played the hell out of the demo...

Game comes out today. Anyone grabbing a copy?

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I would but I don't have any money

Civ 4 BTS will have to do (and will do very well)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

It's on my gamefly list, so as soon as I send back Ninja Gaiden 2 I should be getting it. I'd buy it, because I've been a huge fan of the series for years, but I'm saving up money for Comicon.

Despite being for consoles, it feels (from the demo at least) that very little suffers in the transfer from PC to console. Who wants to form an online axis of evil when this comes out!?!?!

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Huggo View Post
    Who wants to form an online axis of evil when this comes out!?!?!
    /

I played the original Civilization and fell in love, but wasnt' able to play it very often. After while, my interest in the game fell to the wayside. I was surprised when I saw the console development for the game. After playing the demo, I fell in love all over again. It may be a little more simplistic than the old PC version, but they did an amazing job on making a consolve version of the games. This isn't just a simple port, but a full devloped game specific for the consoles. Being away from the console version for so long, it feels quite natural on the console. The only thing that may have been a fun addition is the religions, but oh well. There will be plenty of other stuff going on, to not have to worry about who my people are praying to. Fxuk yea Sid Meier!

Wifey is on her way to the store right now to pick up a copy. This game is about to seriously suck up my time, which will be a nice distraction from FFXI for a bit.

I actually just downloaded this Demo overnight and played it for about 30 minutes before going to work, which in turn, made me 30minutes late to work.

But the game seemed to play very much to the CIVs of old that I am used to. Although I did run into 2 other CIVs within that 30minutes playing which kind of threw me off because I was used to exploring for a solid 50 turns or so before seeing another CIV on the old maps I played. Anyway, it seemed pretty good to me and I am actually thinking about picking it up. The problem is with this game is that it takes sooooo long just to complete one game, I am a bit worried about how much of my time it may take up.

When does it come out? Today?

EDIT: Question answered in OP.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

I am very impressed by the demo, going to grab myself a copy when I can.
    Huge fan of series (just 30 mins more....ok 15 more....1 more turn....ok this is last turn....) and quite honestly wasn't expecting console version to be this good.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by RakEx View Post
    When does it come out? Today?
    Comes out today. Stoopid Gamestop: "The game ships today, and you can pick it up tomorrow"

My wife saw the UPS truck drop off their shipment. She went out for lunch, and came back 30 mins later. The girl at the check out gave her that line of BS. bastards...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Any major differences between PS3 and 360 versions?

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Effluo View Post
    Comes out today. Stoopid Gamestop: "The game ships today, and you can pick it up tomorrow"

My wife saw the UPS truck drop off their shipment. She went out for lunch, and came back 30 mins later. The girl at the check out gave her that line of BS. bastards...
    Gamestop pulled the same crap with me when WoTG came out....only the preorders get sold on it's release day it seems from my experience.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I personally cant wait. I am definitely picking up a copy, I didn't pre-order it but I am still excited. Dude I would be sooo down for some Axis of Evil type shit lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Selamis View Post
    Gamestop pulled the same crap with me when WoTG came out....only the preorders get sold on it's release day it seems from my experience.
    This is one of the many reasons why Gamestop is a big load of bull. I get games on release day from Best Buy or Fry's no problem.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Huggo View Post
    This is one of the many reasons why PREORDERS is a big load of bull. I get games on release day from Best Buy or Fry's no problem.
    I make about 2 exceptions a year to my 'never preorder anything' rules, and it generally only applies to games with honest-to-goodness material benefits to preordering. This year it was MGS4 and Fallout 3. Next year it will likely be the next WoW expansion. I don't see much else on the horizon to bother pre-ordering.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

the game is released from the vendor today, it depends if they release it to a company distro or right to the stores if they get it today or not. gamestop will in fact not have it till tomorrow, their shipment today did not contain it. and most places wouldn't have it till tonight/midday today anyways, whereas gamestop only gets morning shipments from UPS.

sweet, I love this game. Can't wait to try it out

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Having me play civilization is a way to give others heart attacks. I enjoy building up my cities way more than actually attacking anyone. >.>; (one of my ex's used to scream at me over it. XD )

Ask to see the book that has all the release dates for games in it. It will tell you the 'ship dates' for all the games. MOST games do in fact take a day to arrive; I can tell you in all honesty most games that come out on the 1st, we'll get around 12pm on the 2nd, regular UPS.

That being said, some Gamestops get their shipments later in the day, and the game that was released will be there. If you SEE the game arrive, i.e. you know its there- check that lil book.

If it says SD so-and-so-date, they can't sell it, its street dated and against licensing, its a huge fine, etc. Try to sucker target / walmart into selling it If there's no SD listed, make them sell it to you, those games are suppose to be sold on-arrival, just putz morons who work there think every game is street-dated and won't sell it to you. If they refuse, ask to speak to Assistant / Store Manager. If they refuse, complain to district manager - works every time. Corporate complaints = they make you happy.

This is one of the many reasons why PREORDERS is a big load of bull. I get games on release day from Best Buy or Fry's no problem.
    That being said, yeah, it kinda is- they aren't preorders, they are reserves. You are reserving a copy, when it arrives in store. You aren't ordering to get it before it comes out, to get it first in a line of people, to get a happy ending with your copy of the game; simply that you have a copy reserved. Gamestop can't sell a game they don't have in stock @_@ And if they do, and its not street dated, as mentioned, its a moron helping you, ask to talk to somebody who knows their job.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    I make about 2 exceptions a year to my 'never preorder anything' rules, and it generally only applies to games with honest-to-goodness material benefits to preordering. This year it was MGS4 and Fallout 3. Next year it will likely be the next WoW expansion. I don't see much else on the horizon to bother pre-ordering.
    Not to burst your bubble or anything, but Lich King is coming out this year.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Pretty sure this'd be awesome online. ID: Mayareira.

Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

BG Level

my gf hates video games and she mentioned seeing the ad for this on tv and seeming super interested, looks sweet from what i've seen online

i wanna play this ASAP

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm not too sure about this game. I love Civ IV: BTS, but I played the demo of this and found it rather boring. It feels like it lacks the sheer number of possible permutations that make Civ games enjoyable for more than a week.