BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Strangest EXP PT Location that worked!

Simple Question, whats the strangest place you've exp'd off the beaten path that succeeded?

Endgame Camps or Standard Camps Apply~

My 2 would be:

Newton Movalpolos(74-75): This was started in a hairbrained attempt to "liberate movalpolos". We pulled a few goblins after someone wanted to see if goblins/moblins "dropped goblin drinks" (lol) and it turned out to be decent after having never exp'd past 55ish on gobs. Fun exp with friends, goblins still pack some punch.

Caedarva Mire(73-75): This was another hairbrained idea to find "a goddamn empty camp", so i stumbled into the Mosshorn Camp. Buncha Rams/Trees reminded me of a certain camp in the tavnazian archipelago >.> so i dragged a party up to exp, and bam on the first pull chigoes jump off a mosshorn lol. Besides the chigoes that die fast regardless, i found this camp to be fun if not interesting. Need a key to get through arrapago fast though.

Do add, im one to always enjoy hearing about off the beaten path camps ingame~ :wink:

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

67-70 Dvucca Isle Fomors

Was fun with a Ninja Tank >_> got like 13k/hr every now and then we got Zikko or a Bhoot or something that ended the party, but it's fairly simple to avoid them. At least it was always empty but TP Reset was annoying <.<

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Zikko strikes again. lol

Ive Camped there, only because i saw a pty there passing on the way to a targeting the captain run @ talif. Good exp, and the glory of exping on "pirates" >.>

Completely forgot about that camp, mobs called emphradian shades or somethin like that right?

That fomor camp is gold. But, after seeing the Bhoot spawn once, we just sat on the fomor spawn and pulled them and Toads.

Of course, getting 3 fomor at once that don't want to sleep can be pretty interesting at 70. Lots of rdm and brd kiting and hoping the melee don't die.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by wartortle
    That fomor camp is gold. But, after seeing the Bhoot spawn once, we just sat on the fomor spawn and pulled them and Toads.

Of course, getting 3 fomor at once that don't want to sleep can be pretty interesting at 70. Lots of rdm and brd kiting and hoping the melee don't die.
    A Dark Elemental also spawns where the Bhoot does <.< Just gotta avoid that corner

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

When i went, camped in the bushes and had only problems with that bitch ass rdm mithra. besides that it was all about dodging HP agros from the elvaan cor that passes by the grass, and toads losing interest on pulls :/

Zilart spot, but down in the Den of Rancor xping off the Doom Toads at 64/65 (static moved to Bibiki Bay for 66-69/70, then Sky, all pre-ToAU)

Before that was raptors in Ulegrande Range instead of Cape Terrigan.

Definitely some of the more uncommon spots I've xp'd in, and few people ever camped there (Lakshmi).

Banned.

BG Level

Hmm, not completely sure about level range... 30-32 maybe.

Entrance to Attohwa Chasm, off hectaeyes.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Toralyn
    Zilart spot, but down in the Den of Rancor xping off the Doom Toads at 64/65 (static moved to Bibiki Bay for 66-69/70, then Sky, all pre-ToAU)
    In front of Cloister of Tides? I've been there, its a good camp.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Doesnt an NM pop there? lol

MNK burn PT in Eldieme Necropolis from 37 to 40, was like 10-15k/h lol.. Not enough mobs though so it definitely could've been better.

Also did a roaming MNK PT in Halvung that was doing a loop around the mining points area, killing Crawlers/Trolls.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos
    Doesnt an NM pop there? lol
    It does, but you can fight Pugils too because there is only a few Doomed around.

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Back when I first started playing, a low level party (XPing my first job) went to Yughott Grotto. It wasn't on purpose, we just hadn't known anywhere to go. Worked out though.

Doomtoads PRE COP FTMFW(heardofitfromafriend)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

By Hume Swift belt pop in Sacarium. Get 2 ninjas and some strong DD and you gonna get good exp. I went in with a few ppl who werent merited out the ass and was still pulling 8k/h. For a lvl 50 thats pretty good, although at later lvls it becomes kinda sad.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Anyone played back when Orcs in Monastic Cavern were exp mobs? O.o
    Or was that just a myth i read about >.>

Anyways: Partied at Purgonogo recently, Chaining the black mandies and the birds in my level 30s - fun exp, nice scenery (beats gray walls garliage ) - playing with opo opos to spice it up a notch. lol

Definately a long party camp onry~

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Eldieme Necropolis from 33-37 on the Gazers. Pull a bomb if the pt has a way to stun (someone holding TP).

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Back in spring of '04 leveled WAR from 9-11 off of crabs/worms by the pond in La'Theine Plateau. This was before the whole PL frenzy and what have you. Was good for a first time experience in a party.

EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    BG Level

used to exp behind the door to the limit break area not too bad from what i rember but it wasn't great

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by killerx

used to exp behind the door to the limit break area not too bad from what i rember but it wasn't great
    I remember that was a very common spot to exp... ;o... anyway, yeah MNKs or PLDs, I forget which, would kick your ass.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast