BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Another Nintendo win.

What do you get when you cross the director/developer/creator of FFT, Ogre Battle and FFXII with the Wii?

I dunno, but Yasumi Matsuno has recently confirmed his allegiance to Nintendo and will be making RPGs for the Wii.
    "The Wii controller makes total sense when you think about FPS-like games, but my question was, will the controls fit other existing games?" he was reported in saying. "However, when I first tried Mario Galaxy, I realized that the controller fit the game almost scarily well. It allows you to intuitively feel the game and its atmosphere."
    Seeing that he was amazed at the power of the Wii as well as the controls, he said he was looking forward to bringing RPGs back to Nintendo.

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2006/092106e.html

And where did you find this information, post a link.

It is not like he could just make up a random quote. lol

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

""Graphics (these days) have evolved, and there are many games claiming that this generates a more realistic atmosphere. However, there are very few games that have a control interface that lives up to this atmosphere. With the Wii controller you can actually feel like you're touching or living in this atmosphere.""

Awesome.

Lbelle I just reailzed your location said UF so jealous
    I am a huge Florida fan.
    sorry for derail lol.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Wow, that is pretty sweet. Matsuno is a genius.

BTW, I must be behind on my news, but I thought Matsuno had a break down and left SE while making XII. What happend with all of that?

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I love what everyone saying, and i love all the vids and stuff.

But i really hope the remote isn't being overhyped. I watch the previews and stuff of people jumping over their couch and swinging the remote like they are actually in a sword fight.... if i get mine and its barely anything like that at all, and swinging motion isnt more than a slight wrist movement, i'll be upset.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Avé

BTW, I must be behind on my news, but I thought Matsuno had a break down and left SE while making XII. What happend with all of that?
    This is correct. I'm not sure if he had a break down or not, but he did leave SE during the making of FF12 and went to work on another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lbelle

This is correct. I'm not sure if he had a break down or not, but he did leave SE during the making of FF12 and went to work on another game.
    I thought he left for health reasons.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus

a mental breakdown sounds like a pretty big health issue to me

The stress of developing the next RPG in Square's flagship series must've gotten to him, but the guy they brought in to replace him pretty much said the game was nearly finished at the time, and that its Matsuno's vision and not his.

And FFXII got a 40/40 from the Japanese mag, so you know it must be damn good.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ive never been excited about a RPG, ever. I love tactics but it was introduced to me by a freind who said I would love it. I couldnt stand any other RPG, including FF series. Ya i know, im playing this lol

Other then the tactics and XI i dont play other RPGs, they bore the hell out of me. But this FFXII has got me excited. More so then even the Halo 2 approach.

Ive burned through all the magazines with articles about the game, including PSM's 14 page review of the game, ive read Japanese reveiws online, this looks like to be one of the best games created in a long time.

News that hes wanting to make Wii games? Im in for sure.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus

a mental breakdown sounds like a pretty big health issue to me

The stress of developing the next RPG in Square's flagship series must've gotten to him, but the guy they brought in to replace him pretty much said the game was nearly finished at the time, and that its Matsuno's vision and not his.

And FFXII got a 40/40 from the Japanese mag, so you know it must be damn good.
    It is damn good lol

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    It is damn good lol
    I also heard it's damn short.

Any news as to whether or not they've lengthened this for the US release? I don't want to play a 12 hour FF game, I want to play a 120 hour FF game. Well, I want to play a 12 hour FF game, but I don't think I'd feel as satisfied as if I played a longer one.

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi
    It is damn good lol
    I also heard it's damn short.

Any news as to whether or not they've lengthened this for the US release? I don't want to play a 12 hour FF game, I want to play a 120 hour FF game. Well, I want to play a 12 hour FF game, but I don't think I'd feel as satisfied as if I played a longer one.
    What is it with all of the short-ass games lately, anyways? Did the concept of using multiple discs to provide lengthened gameplay and more in-depth development of a game's storyline die out after the PSX became an outdated product?

Edit: I'd sooner pay $50 for the old NES and SNES RPGs than I would for the new RPGs with "leet graphics" and about 3 hours of gameplay.

I doubt it's THAT short, 30-40 hours main story is usually fine enough, I can't imagine an RPG dragging out it's main story for more then 60 hours either, most game time comes from doing things other then the main story (leveling up, side quests, mini-games super hard bosses and fights (<3 these))

I played the jp version through. The story is boring, but there's a whole lot of side stuff to do.

They definitely borrowed a lot of ideas from FFXI in terms of time sinks... So yeah, if you only wanted to play through the story, it's gonna seem short. But if you want to beat the game 100%, prepare to spend a lot of time on it...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by octopus
    They definitely borrowed a lot of ideas from FFXI in terms of time sinks...
    is the last boss a 21-24hr spawn?

Quote Originally Posted by deivi
    They definitely borrowed a lot of ideas from FFXI in terms of time sinks...
    That would be silly. It'd obviously be a forced spawn that has to occur on a full moon, Darksday by trading movalpolos water to a ??? in a God-forsaken mineshaft that no one cares about.

Either that, or Rangers have to stand ten feet further back than the rest of your party...

Oh, and ... lolDRG!

Quote Originally Posted by deivi
    No, but some certain optional boss will take you literally half a day irl to kill.

And, treasure chests that drop legendary equips with low drop rate (lolsea-like)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I played the jp version through. The story is boring, but there's a whole lot of side stuff to do.

They definitely borrowed a lot of ideas from FFXI in terms of time sinks... So yeah, if you only wanted to play through the story, it's gonna seem short. But if you want to beat the game 100%, prepare to spend a lot of time on it...
    This is perfect and just what I was hoping for. I love love love side quests.