Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ninja tanking Omega...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ninja tanking Omega...

is it possible to solo tank him? The airship battle omega fight is tough for a Ninja with all his shadow wiping moves....

Does anyone have tips or strats to work around a NIN tank? I am a WHM this fight cause WHM is needed for stona. (only one with whm 60 ;

Help please, I've lost this fight about 15+ times ><;

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

stun

with only 1 BLM able to stun... is there any other way?

Also should the NIN be spamming Elemental wheel?

5 vials of the CCB Polymer stuff. ^_^

How to get 'em:

Client: Cid (Cid's Lab, Metalworks)

Summary: You've learned from the Tenshodo that Chief Cid is collecting rare colored chips found in the ruins of Pso'Xja. Bring him a set of three (one carmine chip, one gray chip, and one cyan chip) to receive your reward.

I had no problem with ultima or omega =\ if your with a bard have him sing double mambo songs and you shouldnt really get hit at all.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

A good hasted BLM to stun should be fine. We only used one melee for Omega/Ultima, which was our NIN tank. Didn't bother burning any polymers on Omega, used a few on Ultima. IMO Ultima is much tougher in a mage setup.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

your ninja is awful if they're getting hit by this thing so much that 1 blm can't handle stunning

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I tanked this thing as Pld and it made me want to cry, honestly. He's a pain in the ass.

Then I fought it a couple times with a Nin tanking with x2 mambo & went, wtf that's not fair.

Honestly, this thing's accuracy is so piss poor a Rng could probably straight tank him with x2 mambo.

Nin + Brd ftw.

E. Body
    BG Level

didnt even polymer omega and went fine (NIN+BRD), dual mambo ftw, even ultima was a pussy.. NIN PLD BLM BLM WHM BRD setup (lolPLD/NIN but PLD can just be any melee DD subbing NIN, he was technically leeching)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Garret
    I tanked this thing as Pld and it made me want to cry, honestly. He's a pain in the ass.

Then I fought it a couple times with a Nin tanking with x2 mambo & went, wtf that's not fair.

Honestly, this thing's accuracy is so piss poor a Rng could probably straight tank him with x2 mambo.

Nin + Brd ftw.
    pld = obsolete

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Garret

Nin + Brd ftw.
    try *gasp* changing your armor as pld into an evasion setup and you'll be good too. Use double mambo, blind potion with bat earrings(which also give MP) etc, and you'll still be able to dodge his moves. If you gear up as a straight tanker to a mob that hits heavily, well that's like using a boat to ram into a shark, instead of using a net to catch it.

Evasion build nin + 2mambo + fenrir eva up
    you will get auto-perfect dodge kinda :/

anyway i won with 1 nin and no brd or smn at pt
    whm rdm blm rng rng nin

2x rng stun bullet all time... switch to silver Slugshot and back to stun bullets
    and blm spam stun whenever he can
    won easy

Omega is pretty easy to tank with NIN, we had no BRD or BLM and won on our 3rd try after we sorted out a stragety...NIN had next to no trouble. I also think we only used 1 CCB.

Re: Ninja tanking Omega...

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjadik
    is it possible to solo tank him? The airship battle omega fight is tough for a Ninja with all his shadow wiping moves....

Does anyone have tips or strats to work around a NIN tank? I am a WHM this fight cause WHM is needed for stona. (only one with whm 60 ;

Help please, I've lost this fight about 15+ times ><;
    Work around ninja? Everyone I've met wants to use nin for this bc instead of pld.

E. Body
    BG Level

Ninja tank with mambo and elegy...its a joke. Won first try.

Gotta agree with mifaco.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

dear god you want a ninja for this. I had no problem with it.

I remember they were blaming my fucking tanking because we kept losing (they said tarutaru hp to weak LAWL) and i said shitty whm who sucks balls and can't keep up.

this went on for about 6 tries and then we booted the whm, got azjol and won on the first try \(^_^)/

I think 2 ccb is good number for this bc. Use one when Omega starts using pile pitch and use one on ultima when it does that spin thing. I beat this bc like 4 times, always used nin tank for this.

We did it with a WAR/NIN tanking... that was lots of fun.

WAR, WHM, BRD, RNG, DRK and BLM.

We wiped once towards the end of omega but we didn't use any Polymers on him and we won the BC with time to spare.

Second time I did this I did it with a PLD/WAR who maxed out his eva gear. Didn't wipe once and owned the BC. Sure NIN would make life very easy indeed.

Galkasaur
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I wouldn't say Pld is obsolete, I have beaten Omega straight tanking but you need to have a strong DD setup backing you because Pld just isn't going to take the hits as well.

When he gets low health even mambo'd on Pld I would want to burn out invincible for him due to his attack speed.

I wouldn't say Pld is obsolete at all but there are simply some fights where Pld tanking is not going to be as viable an option. It is certainly do-able as Pld, but the amount of Mulsum & other items you are going to burn through isn't worth it compared to the easier side of Nin, for this fight.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

My static for this BC was quite shitty and we had a PLD that was one of those "noble fellows" that figured straight-tank over all. After we lost 8 times because trying to meat-shield the BC is a fucking horrible strategy, I bought the guy 50 (yes) hi-potions for the whole airship fight. I told him to stfu and spam his macro everytime he got below 100% HP because I was tried of losing.

Piece of cake win. I would actually recommend (PLD + 30 HiPots) > Ninja. But yes a good NIN will easily easily tank this.