+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Breaker     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Kunkkaaaaaaa!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Breaker

My brother recommended this to me and I read the whole thing in one sitting. The first part is over and The Breaker: New Waves is still being written. Here's the synopsis from mangafox:

The new English teacher, Chun-Woo, is not your ordinary teacher. Shioon, a victim of constant bullying, unexpectedly witnesses Chun-Woo's fighting power, and begs him to make him his disciple. Chun-Woo claims he can teach Shioon only if he is truly determined, and Shioon must jump off a bridge into a deep river in order to prove it!

It turns out, however, that Chun-Woo and his powers are more than meets the eye. Shioon makes a grand entrance into the hidden world of martial arts, and he is about to be taught by the best there is!

Part 1 : http://mangafox.me/manga/the_breaker/
    Part 2 : http://www.mangafox.com/manga/the_breaker_new_waves/

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sequel is garbage, objectively

Kunkkaaaaaaa!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Eh I definitely enjoyed the first a lot more so far but still hoping the sequel will pick up

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

First part was decent, but the sequel has been slow as hell to get moving. I only picked this up because it seemed like it could end up being similar to Veritas when part one was newer; but even then it was too slow. Still a decent manga, I like the art.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

^ Same, I'm mostly following this for the art at this point, and because it reminds me of Veritas, which was awesome

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Sequel has picked up quite a bit actually last ten or so chapters. Still waiting on that god damn Veritas sequel though.

I love this manga, read it every new release, oh wow i almost forgot about veritas, also loving kenichi

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Yea sequel is a bit slow to pick up due to, well, the glaring problem he has lol. I'd like more master badassery to go with it but since he's no longer the main focus, kinda doubt we'd see him again till close to the final conflict ;\.

P.S. veritas yesssssss dammmit!

Kunkkaaaaaaa!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

New chapter is up! Elder Kwon kicking some ass.

Also, I read Veritas this week. It was all awesome except for the ending -.-

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm just waiting for Shioon to straight out the guy trying to hold him hostage lol