+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Silent Hill     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Silent Hill

Any thoughts? I know it doesn't come out till April 21st, but I figured I'd be a cool kid and start a topic about one of the scariest games I've /attempted/ to play.

I was honestly freaked out when first Silent Hill came out.

Discuss.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Fell in love withe the game and the movie seems to stay faithful to it from what I see in the trailers, so hell yeah I'm excited about it.

No other horror game has given me the creepers quite like Silent Hill.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

pray it's not another Resident Evil in theaters.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

it actually looks like it's going to be pretty good

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Who is directing it? Uwe Bowl? If so save your money, that guy's a joke and an embaressment to movies based off of games.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Directed by Christophe Gans

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384537/

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Horror movie, 7.0
    Action/thriller, 6.4
    Horror, 5.0
    Horror, 5.0

Though he has only made 4 movies in 25 years until now, it does show that as he is getting older hs is advancing so maybe it won't be too bad.

I never played Silent Hill but the movie just looks incredibly awesome I think, I will definitely be watching it.

I think it looks pretty good... but the main character wasn't a chick so it's not exactly true to the game. Great fucking game though, the damn demo that came out for it years ago scared me for crying out loud.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Resident evil has the shock way of scaring you, but silent hill has the atmospheric way of scaring you , that's why I loved it more than RE, event RE4.

Example in SH2, you had nothing but a pole and a flashlight at the beggining, it's super quiet, and you have to explore the apartment , yet when you meet pyramid head, the music is so gigantic and overwhelming. Also how freaky are the parts where there was just a giant open field, pitch black, except for the small portion where your flashlight is (the Hospital/Jail did this well).

I've only played SH2 but if the movie is anywhere as good as SH2, i'll be happy.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The trailers make it impossible to be similar to Resident Evil. I'm infactuated with the movie so far. So far, here are my similar shots from the game seen in the trailer:

Pyramid Head
    The giant bugs
    The empty school
    Nightmare Nurses
    Deformed thingies that don't have spare skin for their limbs.
    Cybill the Police Woman

and Lordwafik... in the first Silent Hill, you don't start off with anything. you run into a bunch of monsters and are forced to die.. then the game starts

SH

Yeah, i swear inone of the previews I saw Pyramid Head, am I wrong?

Again looks good, I'm willing to wager the money for the ticket.

I remember the part that freaked me out was in the first game when the phone rang, you picked it up.. and found out the line was cut, and your .. I think daughter is talking to you on it? .. I dunno.

and the whole lighting system with SH2 was awesome too.

Heres hoping the movie roxxors

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I really disliked Silent Hill 2, honestly. It just didn't seem very scary to me. 1 and 3 were great though... The mannequin room in 3 really got me :D

The movie looks really good, though. After reading the interview with the director in EGM, it sounds like he really didn't want this to be another shitty videogame movie.

Have any of you checked out the official website for the movie? Some nice easter eggs, and one of the creepiest, well-done websites out there.

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/silenthill/

Start poking around, clicking on shit, really sets the mood.

I didn't like SH 2 that much either. 1 was always my fav because of the way you'd die and start the game, then you'd walk around the misty town and eventually get to the school and shit gets dark and really blows up and wow, such a great enviroment.

But 3 was also good as well... gah, I love them both.

Although to be honest I've always like RE more, even though SH is like 10x scarier RE has that coolness and satisfaction that SH couldn't really grasp, it also has such a cool and deep story line and creative enemies and weapons make it much more fun (for me).

RE4 wasn't even that scary, the worst part was the hedge maze for me and maybe the underground part.

I'm pretty pumped about this movie, I really hope it's good cause if it is then I welcome the best game turn movie in existance.

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Silent Hill looks amazing from the trailers I've seen so far. I remember seeing the yahoo movies trailer about a month ago while I was at work and it looks amazing. I hope it lives up to the game. Silent Hill was so freaky when it first came out. Resident Evil clone my ass, it made a name for itself imo.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

SH and RE were my college. Friend and I used to play them on weekends (well I never played them, I throw controllers into tvs when I try, but I would watch ). I've seen them all and <3 the series. I do really hope this movie is a good one.

Is it just me though or are they combining the first two games into the movie? It just seems like The woman is supposed to be Harry with his/her daughter. Then her husband comes to find her, which sounds reminiscent of James....iono should still be good though. XD

Side note..If that crazy lady is Dahlia I'm both glad and disappointed that they got rid of her stupid tie XD I always found her costume design hysterical.

looks like a mix between the first 3 games, elements from all of them but story from mainly 1 and 2...

Can't wait...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Konami has already looked into remaking Silent Hill, the very first one, because of such good news coming from many of the critics who've seen the prescreening already. Just read below:

Tweaked Silent Hill could be re-released

Horray for Hollywood

By Nick Farrell: Friday 17 March 2006, 13:44

HOLLYWOOD'S attempts to turn games into films has almost universally been bad. But apparently the critics are starting to warm to a film version of Silent Hill so much, that the game’s makers Konami are planning a tweaked re-release.

The movie is being made by Christophe Gans and will be released next month. Pre-screening reviews are positive and Gans has already agreed on a sequel if the movie makes it at the box office.

According to 1up, Konami is allegedly interested in remaking the original Silent Hill and replacing the original male lead of Harry Mason with the film's female lead, Mason's wife. So far Konami has denied this. If it is released it will probably only be seen on the PlayStation 2

hmm a remake but for the PS2? why not PS3?

Silent Hill on the PS3. Can you fucking imagine? Photo-realistic, {Do you need it?}

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't want to. I'm scared.