+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: bomb Iran?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

bomb Iran?

Ron Paul, the smartest american I know presents the case where the US is now going to place sanctions on Iran in order to provoke war and terrorism.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

The problem with ron paul is that he defines national security as the safety of americans instead of the safety of american interests.

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    The problem with ron paul is that he defines national security as the safety of americans instead of the safety of american interests.
    So other countries property and resources "belong" to the US? If I came to your house and said I owned your stuff and could deny you gas for your car would you put up with it?

Ron Paul hints that the US is delibritly provoking Iran to get a reason for attacking them. And that is an Iraeli interest, not a US. We all know where the US takes their marching orders from. Pelosi removed a bill which would deny the president powers to attack Iran without the approval from congress, under the orders of isreal.

Celeste

Zion rises! Like omfg.

Quote Originally Posted by test123 View Post
    So other countries property and resources "belong" to the US? If I came to your house and said I owned your stuff and could deny you gas for your car would you put up with it?

Ron Paul hints that the US is delibritly provoking Iran to get a reason for attacking them. And that is an Iraeli interest, not a US. We all know where the US takes their marching orders from. Pelosi removed a bill which would deny the president powers to attack Iran without the approval from congress, under the orders of isreal.
    LOL

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Glad I stopped by this thread for the breeze.

Generally speaking I am not a fan of Libertarians, but I am pretty well in line with what he is getting at. This is pretty basic International Relations stuff really, I can't believe they are even discussing sanctions against Iran. Most nations see things like that as a declaration of war and honestly, it is. Also I like the point he makes that this will also only angry the average citizens of Iran and make life harder for them which will in turn only further perpetuate and fuel the hatred of westerners in the middle east (as if it hasn't already been done enough). We need to leave Iran the fuck alone. The liberal youth movements need to run their course and the only way we do anything at all (now and in the future) is through the U.N. And fuck Israel, they can take care of themselves.

I'd tap that turian!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Zoolander View Post
    And fuck Israel, they can take care of themselves.
    I'd say fuck the whole region and let them stab it out if we hadn't been so fucktarded in propping up Israel and pissing off all the random extremist Muslim groups. Isolationism would've saved us so many headaches from that region.

Home Theatre Aficionado
    BG Level

Ron Paul, the smartest American I know.
    Honestly, if he is the smartest one you know it's a sad day in America. That guy has frequently said things that are ignorant to say the least. I like him, he holds to his convictions, but that doesn't make him intelligent, just consistent.

Beats, bears, Battlestar Gallactica.

2k for handjobs is a deal yo
    BG Level

Precisely.

Thats taking it a little too far there man. Kinda.... Tinfoilhatish. You should also read up on modern day colonialism and see how many countries our country occupies.

Quote Originally Posted by Akucaen View Post
    I'd say fuck the whole region and let them stab it out if we hadn't been so fucktarded in propping up Israel and pissing off all the random extremist Muslim groups. Isolationism would've saved us so many headaches from that region.
    I agree with you 100% However, isolationism is not very profitable.

2k for handjobs is a deal yo
    BG Level

also I like ron paul's stunna shades that he wears while reading

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

I remember a certain someone in this thread lecturing me for hours on vent when I told them I voted for Hillary in the Democratic primary. That certain someone wanted Ron Paul to win

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

From reading your post it's almost as if you thought that ron paul was saying that we should bomb Iran. I must not be understanding the context.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    I remember a certain someone in this thread lecturing me for hours on vent when I told them I voted for Hillary in the Democratic primary. That certain someone wanted Ron Paul to win
    She shoulda won, sigh. I want more moments of her going ape shit.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Akucaen View Post
    It's not that simple. And this quote shows unfamiliarity with politics in the region and how it effects the rest of the world. Its so multi-faceted that people who automatically disregard the other side aren't seeing the whole picture. So on the opposite of this idea quoted above:

U.S. support of Israel has probably contributed to stability (in the sense of U.S. interests) in the region. Israel is by far the dominant military power in the region and with U.S. support, has been a threat looming over and keeping in check other nations in the region who may have interests or goals that are contrary to U.S. and western interests.

Isolationism is definitely not the answer and is certainly in no way within U.S. interests. One reason is that Western nations rely on a plentiful and cheap oil supply in order drive their economies, much of which oil comes from the Middle East. Had the United States isolated itself and ignored the region it almost a certainty that one of these Middle Eastern nations would of become a dominant regional power and driven oil prices sky high which would have had drastic effects on Western economies. Not to mention other conflicts and issues that would arise out of a anti-western regional hegemon.

Israel's dominance in the region along with U.S. backing has kept these other nations in check (for example the Six-Day War).

Also, U.S. support of Israel is hardly the only reason many Middle Eastern nations are angry with the West. The U.S. presence in Saudi Arabia which is considered a holy land is at the very least equally unacceptable to many Muslims. So it is not as if the U.S. suddenly stopped supporting Israel any problems would be solved.

Last, many believe that if we truly believe in liberalism and democracy it is the West's duty to support Israel since it is the only democracy in the region which is surrounded by nations who not only hate it but wish its destruction.

Having typed all that, I don't think the U.S./West/Israel has done an excellent job in the region by any means. But I do think supporting Israel is better than what may potentially have/will happen had the U.S. not. And isolationism as a viable foreign policy has been discarded years ago.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

the safety of american interests.
    i.e only protecting the interests of those with the deepest pockets

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by alt View Post
    Having typed all that, I don't think the U.S./West/Israel has done an excellent job in the region by any means. But I do think supporting Israel is better than what may potentially have/will happen had the U.S. not.
    I just don't get why Israel makes us their bitch, instead of vice-versa. If we're handing out billions of dollars, there should be long, strong, un-cuttable strings attached.

Seriously, we should hang that shit over their heads like a fucking puppeteer.

A sample stage play:

"Hey Israel, stop building new settlements!"

"No."

*YOINK*

~fin~

Iran is a bunch of pussies, they ain't gonna do shit. Isreal on the other hand I predict will jump the gun and blow these jiggas out the water the minute they have info that they've completed a nuke o.0. SIGH, can't we all just get rid of these WMDs and live side by side, hand in hand...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast