+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any drummers here?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Any drummers here?

I've been having problems with my hi-hat where when I play, the nut holding the top cymbal to the pedal piece becomes loose and starts to fall down to the point where it won't go up unless tightened. I'm not sure if this could be solved by buying another one, or if it would be better to just look into a new hi-hat.

If it makes a difference, I've had my set since I was 14 and it was a cheapo one my dad bought from my friend for me. Its Enforcer by Remo.

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

just get some lock-screws that keeps it in place. the vibration will always loosen everything up eventually. I had the same problem with screws on my toms

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Get a new hi-hat stand. It should make things better. Otherwise, grab some washers and some locknut screws and go at it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Ok, it never had this problem before, so I'm not sure what happened. I guess it just wore out over time. I thought getting something to lock it in place would be a problem, but I never really take it off for anything anyway.

So one more question. I was thinking about getting an electric set. Are they good for anything other than messing around with different sounds? I've never hear one using regular sounds. If not worth it, I could prolly use a new set.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

There was a newborn king, and I played my drums for him.
    Spoiler: show
    Pa rum pum pum pum

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Arrmani View Post
    So one more question. I was thinking about getting an electric set. Are they good for anything other than messing around with different sounds? I've never hear one using regular sounds. If not worth it, I could prolly use a new set.
    I have a fully electric set, and it sounds absolutely amazing. Using Pintech toms, Roland snare, alesis surge cymbals, an alesis IO trigger, and EzDrummer with Claustrophobic and Drumkit From Hell add-ons. I'd recommend getting Superior Drummer 2.0 over EzDrummer though; it's what I plan on getting here shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    There was a newborn king, and I played my drums for him.
    Spoiler: show
    Pa rum pum pum pum
    I was expecting little drummer Freeman in the spoiler

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Arrmani View Post
    Ok, it never had this problem before, so I'm not sure what happened. I guess it just wore out over time. I thought getting something to lock it in place would be a problem, but I never really take it off for anything anyway.

Electric sets are great for practice/warmup, bad for pretty much anything else. Unless you decide to get a set of triggers, then you get the tension without all the noise.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Any chance anyone knows of a decent place to get a pack of not-bad sounding cymbals for a decent price? Also, I haven't replaced my heads in about forever, anyone got any recommendations for some good soundin heads, or does it depend on your set for the sound?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I've fallen in love with the EC2 heads from Evans. Been using them for a few months and they sound amazing.

http://store.daddario.com/category/2...ing_Technology

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    Any chance anyone knows of a decent place to get a pack of not-bad sounding cymbals for a decent price? Also, I haven't replaced my heads in about forever, anyone got any recommendations for some good soundin heads, or does it depend on your set for the sound?
    Cymbals aren't going to be cheap if they sound good. Best I can suggest is finding a chain music store and picking up some zildjan lower end cymbals.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, I have some sabians my parents got for like 250 for a 4pack (hihat crash ride big crash) that are kinda bleh. I'm greatful and stuff yeah, but this was 5 years ago, so I really would like some new ones, and ones that don't sound like ass. I know if I want some awesome sounding ones, I'd be droppin like 1k$.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Trelution View Post
    I was expecting little drummer Freeman in the spoiler
    http://www.imagebeast.net/images/8c6...jwgyavd6tw.jpg

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arathor

Well this wasn't the type of drumming I was expecting I have to admit.

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    if you want cheap cymbals with good sound, its all about wuhan. I first found them when I was picking up a china and refused to shell out $400 or whatever that sabian/zildjan charge, and found one for under half the cost. and they sound amazing. they are all hand-made which makes it ever more crazy.

lol I even found a crash that was thicker on one side and the hole in the bell was misplaced so I just had it on a straight stand and it was perfectly tilted and it fucking never broke. awsome cymbals, just awsome. :thumbsup:

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss