+ Reply to Thread
    New Merits
    BG Level

So I just got Suikoden 2 again

After being without it for a good 6 years (; ; ), I finally got myself another copy of Suikoden 2, and after playing it for a few hours I have to ask, is Luca Blight the most bad ass motherfucker ever? I'm thinking there's a very good chance that he is. ;3

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Hell yes!

He is a total badass. God I love that guy.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Yeah, he was awesome.

Re: So I just got Suikoden 2 again

Quote Originally Posted by Zylo
    After being without it for a good 6 years (; ; ), I finally got myself another copy of Suikoden 2, and after playing it for a few hours I have to ask, is Luca Blight the most bad ass motherfucker ever? I'm thinking there's a very good chance that he is. ;3
    How much did it cost you?

I bought mine for 100 dollars complete with the booklet in Mint condition.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Po

Ouch happy I kept my copy heh. Book and Case still mint condition. Game is sitting in a binder.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Po

Something like that, I lent out my original copy to a 'friend' years ago and they proceeded to move out of the state with it in their possession .

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I need to find this AND the original to compelte the set. Damn shame I let it slip my grasp years and yars ago ; ;. Hell, I'd never have gotten Valkyrie profile if it were not for PSP remake @_@

damn you obscure amazing PSone games!

Luca Blight isn't bad. I'm more fond of Camus and Seed myself. And Klaus, Kibalt's son.

But Suikoden II is such an epic RPG it doesn't even matter. The game is a legend imo.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I can't imagine why anyone would ever own Suikoden II and sell it, unless they owned multiple copies and even then

To answer your question: Luca Blight is what a villain should be, fuck the complexes, that guy is bad ass!

But Suikoden II is such an epic RPG it doesn't even matter. The game is a legend imo.
    Agreed, but 1, 3 and 5 were just as good IMO.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sasarai
    I can't imagine why anyone would ever own Suikoden II and sell it, unless they owned multiple copies and even then

To answer your question: Luca Blight is what a villain should be, fuck the complexes, that guy is bad ass!

Agreed, but 1, 3 and 5 were just as good IMO.
    Is 5 that good? I've been meaning to buy it, but if it's up to snuff with 1 and 2, I'll probably actually order it.

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

5 is really good

after 3 and 4, 5 is the closest thing you'll get to oldschool suikoden. I get the same feeling playing 5 as I do playing 2.

Only suikoden game to let me down so far is 4.

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

4 doesnt exist, dont kid anyone.

first rule of suikoden:

no one talks about suikoden 4.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    after 3 and 4, 5 is the closest thing you'll get to oldschool suikoden. I get the same feeling playing 5 as I do playing 2.

Only suikoden game to let me down so far is 4.
    Wewt, ordered it :D

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

3 is considered good? Chapters 4 and 5 were WAY too short and I was very unimpressed with the difficulty of strategic fights. You basically won if you were "allowed' to win, and got crushed if not, with or without additional training of levels and such. Though the final dungeon going as the 'storyline' teams I had some tough matches, so I'm happy with that. But I wanted some real strategic fights and far too much of the game was spent on repeated cutscenes in the first 3 chapters, imo.

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

For some fun.. at the end of the game.. go back to the mountain where you and your friend made the mark on the mountain.

The freaking monsters there are pretty hard.. and not translated into english ^^

Its pretty neat actually.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

At first, I really disliked 3, and when 4 came out, I enjoyed it a lot more than 3.

I mean, yeah it was probably the lamest of them all, but it started going back to the roots from all the shit that Suikoden3 changed (which was what made 3 bad)

War battles were changing back from that weird thing they had in 3.
    No more "buddy" system or w/e in battles, although 4 instead of 6 was lame.
    No 3-character trinity wheel thing.

@Tenzan Pass person: Don't you have to go there to get the best ending? <_<;

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Yeah.. but you could go there BEFORE that.. and the mobs were different.

Its neat.