Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Corsair, Charges, Random deal & Card-Zerg.

Before this could be done but the 1 use limit didn't make it extremely impressive, the two charge QD added an expotential facotor into the number of times this could be done.

However, I just tested that random deal will reset both QD charges when it hits.

This makes the following situation viable:

CORx4+RDM+BLM
    (this all assumes 100% hit rate by random deal, and thus is not entirely realistic, 70% with max loaded deck merits is)

QD= Quickdraw, RD=Random Deal, WC=Wild card

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COr3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR1 RD

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR2 RD

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR 3 RD

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR 4 RD

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR1 WC

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR 1 RD

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR 2 RD

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR 3 RD

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR 4 RD

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR 2 WC

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR 1 RD

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR 2 RD

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR 3 RD

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR 4 RD

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR 3 WC

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR 1 RD

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR 2 RD

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR 3 RD

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR 4 RD

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR 4 WC

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR 1 RD

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR 2 RD

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR 3 RD

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

COR 4 RD

COR1 QDx2
    COR2 QDx2
    COR3 QDx2
    COR4 QDx2

With 300dmg shots this would be a total of 60,000(potential) dmg that gives 0tp. 600dmg(HQ cors with ideal situations), would be 120,000dmg(potential).

If you decided you didn't need a rdm for warlock's and added a 5th corsair it'd raise the maximum number of shot's from 200 to 300+ (or 180k+)

The issue with this of course is the accuracy of the damage which limit's it's effectiveness against certain mobs.

However, this an ginormous amount of potential damage that with a lot of coordination could be done in 1-2minutes.

Pirates > Ninjas.

Banned.

BG Level

Re: Corsair, Charges, Random deal & Card-Zerg.

I dont even have COR unlocked, but what is the purpose of BLM in the PT?

Damn. Didn't Kaeko mention something like this in another thread? I've had this situation on my mind, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    I dont even have COR unlocked, but what is the purpose of BLM in the PT?
    Enhance MAB roll for higher QD's.

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewt...p?f=31&t=28648

Thread is right on this same page..
    should spend a few minutes looking before asking something that's probably already been answered in the other thread.

I wasn't asking anything. Granted my fault for forgetting about the other thread, but the patch yesterday changed this a lot and made it extremely more viable.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Darus Grey
    Lots of shots going off

Pirates > Ninjas.
    Have you considered the incredible power of a Mijin rotation? /alla pic here

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I am not an expert on COR by any means. Do you get the job bonuses if you do this:

5x COR 1 RDM, use Warlock's Roll
    RDM drops, BLM joins, use Wizard's Roll
    a 6th COR invites the RDM and BLM and gives himself Warlock's and Wizard's Roll
    6th COR drops and join the main COR party. 6x COR would exponentially increase the total shots even further.

this could be further enhanced with memento mori diffusioned before you began, but it would wear off probably way before you got done. assuming you had 2 groups of 3 that broke and reformed into 1 group of 6, that would produce an initial set of 6 random deals and 6 sets of QD recovery from WC, and 6 sets of 6 more RD for a total of 7*6+6+1=8*6=49 salvos at best. at 6*2 shots per salvo, that results in 12*49=588 shots, ignoring the ws you could get from pulling TP off of wild card.

let's assume you have steel bullets for 70 damage and a coffinmaker for 40 base damage on that as well as af head.
    (70+40+10)x2xmab=240*MAB

assuming you tinkered with gear to ensure you didn't exceed the uggalieph pendant threshold and assuming a blm sub for +24 MAB, if i remember my math right (and assuming the staff is just calculated as MAB which i think is a valid cheat here):
    15 from weapon, 5 from moldavite, 7 from novio, 8 from uggly, 3 from denali for a total of 38 from gear
    24 from sub, 20 from memento mori, +16 from wizard's roll (with some patience you could sit there till you got that, then pop w/e you want to obliterate) for a total of 60 from non-gear sources

expected damage per shot under ideal conditions are 240*1.98=475 based on my math... not quite 600, so i'm not sure how you came up with that figure. regardless, at 475 damage a shot, multiplied by 588 shots if every RD hit QD, the maximum theoretical damage based on my calculations from a perfect 6 man setup is...279,300... while this may not be PRACTICAL, let's get down to brass tacks for a more realistic scenario assuming maxed RD effect and your estimate of 70% accuracy.

you're guaranteed to get 6 refreshes from your wild cards and you have 1 salvo to start. in addition, you get 7 sets of 6 RD trials. assuming that 70% of the time you get your QD back and 30% of the time you don't, that gives an expected value of .7*7*6=29.4 salvos enabled by random deal. (7+29.4)*6*2=436.8 shots on average. not going to the length of tabulating a new number, but eyeballing a more realistic 320 damage a shot w/ an enhanced wizard's roll and realistic gear, 436.8*320=139,776. while not nearly the above estimate, that's still a titanic sum of damage to dish out in a short span, and all of this is calculated w/o factoring in the chance at 300% TP slug shots. there's no real tempo issue involved either. once the rolls are on, you have 5 minutes to finish the process. as a rough estimate, that's about 23,000 damage a person done in a span of maybe 3 minutes, which isn't exactly small potatoes. while i'll buy that this sounds very complicated and would take some practice to roll it out w/o doubling up on RD or WC (not to mention the consumption of nearly 100 cards each!) it sounds like it might be fun to toy around with.

If my cor was 75 I'd sure as hell try it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Can Random Deal reset another COR's Random Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferien
    Can Random Deal reset another COR's Random Deal?
    i don't believe so, just like a wild card can't reset another wild card. otherwise, you could constantly spam a random deal rondo with someone in party that needs a JA back, or do the same with wild card.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

It's stated in the ability caption. It's referring the ability "random deal" in general, yours or anyone elses

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If you're doing Memento Mori I suppose you can add (or substitute, do they overwrite?) Dream Shroud. Not sure on the duration with over-capped SMN skill.

If every COR uses a different element, does that prevent an NM from building up magic resistance? Or are we going to see most of these shots doing 50% damage?

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall
    If you're doing Memento Mori I suppose you can add (or substitute, do they overwrite?) Dream Shroud. Not sure on the duration with over-capped SMN skill.

If every COR uses a different element, does that prevent an NM from building up magic resistance? Or are we going to see most of these shots doing 50% damage?
    I don't believe QD is subject to the Elemental Magic resistance buildup, everything I've tested on it points to the damage only being calculated like magic damage, without it being actually classified as magic damage.

expected damage per shot under ideal conditions are 240*1.98=475 based on my math... not quite 600
    Unless I missed it, your forgetting day, and weather bonuses(which cor can guarantee like a mage with sea obis), max theoretical dmg is in the high 600s/low700s(I think, I seriously suck at math or I'd figure it out myself, which is why I'm very grateful to the more math inclined members of BG, /bow).

To the above post, I'm fairly certain they don't build elemental resistance like nukes do, however even if they do, you have to rotate elements anyways, because under the new QD charge system, the recast time starts per element(i.e. can't do fireshotx2, have to do fireshot+earth shot because of timers). Which also plays into the factors of theoretical damage above now that I think about it (only 50% of shot's can be optimized with day/weather bonuses unless you have a situation of fireday with earth weather and such).

Was pretty sure a COR's Random Deal could reset another COR's Random Deal. It was just Wild Card that had no chance at resetting another Wild Card.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Xrave
    Was pretty sure a COR's Random Deal could reset another COR's Random Deal. It was just Wild Card that had no chance at resetting another Wild Card.
    Infinite 2hr loop. COR#1 uses Wild Card on group, resets 2hrs. Group goes and fails and alexander fight. (>.>..)

WAR# changes to lolCORlv1#2 and COR#1 changes to lolWHMlv1. COR#2 uses Wild Card, COR#1's 2hr is reset since he's is now WAR and has mighty strikes as opposed to Wild Card.

Does this work? Maybe? Hmm.

Sorry to o off topic, but that crossed my mind a few days ago.

Yes, resetting 2hs works as long as the 2h isn't wild card, so they can switch jobs.

highest theoretical dmg for quick draw:

corsair's gun+1 (42 dmg) + steel bullet (70 dmg) x2 + 10 (tricorne) = 234

xMAB:

Novio (7) + Moldavite (5) + Denali Legs (3) + Ugg Pendant (8) = 23
    +20 Memento Mori = 43
    +30 Blm sub = 73
    +16 Rolling an 11 on Wizard's with a blm in party = 89
    x0.8 dmg/mab = 71.2% = 1.712 multiplier

xStaff Bonus: 15% HQ = 1.15 multiplier

xDay/Weather Bonus: 10% for day, 25% for double weather (could force proc with obi)
    =35% = 1.35 multiplier

234 x 1.712 x 1.15 x 1.35 = 621 dmg

of course this is ridiculously outlandish to assume you'd ever get this high, just posting in case you were wondering the actual max dmg is with what's currently available.

edit: note that in this case, swapping out a republic circlet for your AF hat would bring your damage down to 637, guess that means it will never outparse AF1 D:

edit again:
    a more realistic number would be seen if you swapped out /blm for /rdm, assumed ~5 MAB from wizards, did away with blu buff, and had either 1 weather or 1 day effect:

Denali/Novio/Moldy/Ugg (23) + Rdm sub(25) + Wizards roll (5) = 53 mab = 42.4% = 1.424 dmg multiplier

[224 + 10 (tricorne)] x 1.424 (mab) x 1.15 (staff) x 1.1 (one day/weather) = 421 dmg