Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Participate in the customer support survey! (01/29/2010)

Starting today, we have introduced a survey regarding all of PlayOnline's services, and we would appreciate your opinions and requests in regards to Square Enix's customer support (such as GM support and the Information Center).

Survey period:
    From January 29 (Fri.) at 0:00am to February 5 (Fri.) at 1:00am (PST)

We will be using the answers you submit to improve our customer support in the future. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Click here for the survey.
    links at the playonline website

Mod's please update the URL for the appropriate survey that's on the POL website.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

tbh that link kinda smells dirty.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thats the link I got from the SE website or was it not appropriate?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Loaded survey. Were our services good? If not, tell us how good they were.

The options in the survey are not going to give them any real information to use to make the changes that the players want to see.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Are they joking? everybody hates their customer service yet even if everyone that plays the game responded telling them so they would still change absoloutely nothing anyway.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It's a pity they didn't take the opportunity to get feed back on the games itself while they were at it.

Anyone who has had to deal with GM or their CS staff is probably already pissed by whatever happened to requirement them to contact CS/GM. So I wouldn't expect them to get great feedback from this.

Hopefully they decide to actually improve on their customer service as a result of this in preparation for FFXIV.

Normally these kind of surveys about customer service just result in the company in question issuing internal memos/training about what their policies are. The companies rarely thinking about the possibility that the policies might be the problem or that God forbid they might actually have to invest some money to improve standards.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I took this opportunity to completely slander everything I disapprove of with the current help desk/support systems in place. I also stated where they could improve in the appropriate fill in the blanks they provide. And it felt good!

I beleive they already knew everything that was/is wrong with their system because alot of the 'select all that apply' radio buttons had complaints that were right on target.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

The thing is outside the game I have called them and they have answered and fixed anything in a very short time period. For me, it really is the GM staff that sucks. The GM staff should be players who understand the game(maybe from fan forums like this?) and are willing to read and see how the game works. Even if SE wont tell them everything the GMs really should be part of the game outside the game.

The fact that you can get a GM that does not know where KV is sad. For the phone support however, they have fixed all my little things very speedy so nothing I can really say about that, tho others have been fucked by them.

Might of placed 100+ GM calls in my time and maybe 10 did anything? maybe. Iv made maybe 10 phone calls each one ended with me getting what I needed to get done, done.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Is it me or do they ask about their service every year and do next to nothing to actually improve it?

I can't vouch for SE's phone support, though I have heard nightmares regarding them and account recovery. One of my friends said they said they needed Photo ID or something to confirm it was their account.

GMs always have and always will be a joke. Even with that Lamia Fang Key glitch I had they still played the "The game is working as intended" card and left me high and dry after waiting for what felt like about an hour or more for a 10 min. convo.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

This is hilarious. Nice trolling, SE.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Figured I'd go ahead and fill out anyways. I honestly doubt SE will ever do anythig to improve their GMs.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Is it me or do they ask about their service every year and do next to nothing to actually improve it?
    Square is like North korea. They try making the game look good for people outside the country, but never fix anything within the border.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You guys are pretty shitty customers really. You can't expect SE to hire people who know how the game works. Sure you'll have a few, but the GM staff isn't going to be all FFXI experts.

A lot of you guys are just bitching cause you didn't get your way with a GM. Cry moar etc.

Trigun

I meant to put this in the "VanaFest 2010 Confirmed! (01/15/2010)" thread, when we were discussing "service to the community". It seems more appropriate for this thread. I finally split the scene...

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    You guys are pretty shitty customers really. You can't expect SE to hire people who know how the game works. Sure you'll have a few, but the GM staff isn't going to be all FFXI experts.

A lot of you guys are just bitching cause you didn't get your way with a GM. Cry moar etc.
    The thing is that they should be, or they should at least have access to a database that contains all the relevant info, something like wiki but with the actual info straight from SE. A GM can't really do their job properly if the don't have an understanding of how the game works. It also makes the company and the GM staff look bad when the players know more than they do. And this is coming from someone who has never had to make a GM call, but still knows they are shitty.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post

Customer service is more than throwing GMs at problems. To have good customer service, you talk to the customer. You dialogue with the customer, and you let them know that you hear their feedback. If you refuse to comply with their demands, you tell them why in a clear and concise way, not this "we have no plans at this time" or "we're sorry for the inconvenience".

I have never made a single GM call in FFXI. Does that mean I don't apply to your statement? Am I off the grid, now? I still feel that SE's customer service failed miserably compared to some of the better companies. How can this be?

Woodwork Football Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I thought it would feel good to voice my complaints on an official survey, even if nothing changed as a result, but I had to edit what I wrote so many times because of the low character requirements that I ended up even more frustrated than when I started.