+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New TV good deal?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

New TV good deal?

http://www.target.com/Westinghouse-3...2%20LCD%20HDTV

on black friday it will be $250

mainly just used for watching TV and movies. maybe a lil 360 use if i want a to move my xbox to the living room and out of my man cave (aka wifes piano room)

dont know a ton about the things so dont want to get ripped off because of the black friday deal.

read the flow chart about getting a new TV lol irl we did look at it in target looked nice but sometimes black friday is set up to rip the consumer off so a company can get rid of overstocked items and make us feel warm and snug at night thinking we got a good deal.

looks like a good deal to me honestly. For 250 bucks you can't really go wrong.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/Westing...3HD_LCD_TV.htm

Looks decent. Caps at 1080i though,

skippable->[whether or not that matters to you depends on if you want interlaced or progressive scanning. Pro is technically better, because it displays the image in one pass (sharper) rather than going line by line (similar to an interlaced image on the web, but it only takes something like .03 seconds).]

For $250, that's a solid deal, that review above should show you that. I paid 800 for a TV of that quality just a few years back.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I've had this TV for a little over a year. I have no problems with the picture and sound. However, it does (and I've seen other people complain about this too) seem to occasionally (like once a month or so) turn itself off. It also occasionally has problems displaying a signal from a new source (like when you switch from the Satellite box to PS3 or whatever via HDMI). Sometimes I have to turn it off and back on once or twice to get it to "pick up" the new signal. However, for $250 it's a fucking steal. It's not so large that you'll be dying for 1080p or 240hz refresh rate, and it plays my ps3, 360 and satellite in HD great (just wish it had 3 HDMI ports so I didn't have to swap cables between my ps3 and 360).

Hope that helps.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Thank you all for the reply's looks like ill get up at about 1am to go get this TV on friday. not to worried about the hdmi port since i only have a 360 so that should be fine. and i dont mind turning on and off a couple times still better then this semi purple tube tv that i have

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

yo, you should get the 300 dollar 32 inch dynex at best buy. its 50 bones more but they allow in store pick up and give you 8 days to get it. you can even get it today, best buy started their HD tv sale already. beats the hell out of fighting that mob

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

The best buy idea is good except there is no best buy around (unless i drive 2hrs each way.)

If you don't mind I'll hijack your thread for the monitor I'm looking at.

I-Inc 25" Monitor

I know it's a pretty good monitor, and I know that's the best price(from that site anyway) ever. Basically, is this the type of deal I shouldn't expect to see over the next few months?

I actually got that Dynex from Best Buy last Friday. I'm pretty satisfied. Beats the hell out of my old shitty tv. Granted, I have regular cable so all the 720p goodness has done is amplify how bad television looks. I ordered a dvi to hdmi cable off monoprice that same night, should be here within a few days. Then I'll get to see how good it really looks with some HD gaming and movies.

I've got a very similar TV but mine is 37" and I love it. Doesn't take too much space (just a corner in the room) and I haven't had any problems with it at all.