BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

FFXI and Windows 7.

So I expected some problems when I upgraded today, but I have a really odd error I can't get rid of and I've tried everything to my knowledge. I remembered the woes with Vista and having to go through everything to get Windower to work there.

Now that I'm on 7, I went through the same processes and even the extra hook.dll needed, reupdated recast and the resources and have now since disabled all my plugs in and I'm still stuck. Right now it's crashing at the point where my linkshell message should come up in my mog house . I can get all the way to this point, it loads the server message, loads the kupopower and crashes when the linkshell messages tries to load. Anyone else having this problem or know how to solve it?

*Edit* After some more testing it looks like it is specifically the Windurst Mog house. I'm testing the others to see if it does it there, but it appears that my Windurst Mog house is the only one crashing me at this point.

*Edit2* I also don't know how I totally missed the stickied topic, but if this needs to be merge or deleted/reposted in there I can <_< sorry.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Have you tried a filecheck from the pol login menu? I once had a similar error when I tried to install ffxi by copying it from another computer. DA would be totally glitched up to hell where I couldn't move, and it'd be just that zone. I didn't think to try a file check, but reinstalling fixed it. Just to be clear, you used the upgrade option when installing 7? If you did, I'd probably try reinstalling ffxi if the file check didn't work and then installing a fresh win7 install, instead of an upgraded path, as upgrades tend to cause problems.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

File check completely slipped my mind, but it seems to have worked. Thanks a bunch. I was hoping it wasn't anything reinstalling Windows 7, because it was an upgrade disc sent in the mail via ASUS so I didn't have anything other than that.