+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Volunteer work     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Volunteer work

Let's talk about all the good we do for the world!

Every Sunday night, I volunteer at a soup kitchen in our area. It's nice because it gives the people a warm place to sit and eat some food. And you get to know then on a personal level. Many of the people who walk in there are the most versed and happy people you will ever talk to.

I am also looking to sign up for the Big Brothers program does anyone have any insight on that?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I volunteered in an ICU at my local hospital. The experience was phenomenal and I made some friends within the hospital staff. When I left for college I applied and received $2,500 in scholarships from that same hospital. Pretty dope.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-o-fire View Post
    Let's talk about all the good we do for the world!

Every Sunday night, I volunteer at a soup kitchen in our area. It's nice because it gives the people a warm place to sit and eat some food. And you get to know then on a personal level. Many of the people who walk in there are the most versed and happy people you will ever talk to.

I am also looking to sign up for the Big Brothers program does anyone have any insight on that?
    What's your angle? Whose face are you shoving this volunteering in? Who versus? Who are you doing it versus?

Tottenham 'til I die
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Blarg View Post
    What's your angle? Whose face are you shoving this volunteering in? Who versus? Who are you doing it versus?
    Someone's been watching too much It's always sunny.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by oldoldman View Post
    Someone's been watching too much It's always sunny.
    His signature made me remember it. I loved that part of the episode though, really lets you know about the gang.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Shit, time to toot my own horn.

I've tutored high school students from the shittiest schools around LA. Helped w/: English, Spanish, Math, Logic, Philosophy, and writing. I also volunteered for this old folks home in Alhambra. Last, served a few w/ MALDEF to help La Raza understand their rights, immigration laws, etc. etc.

Stopped volunteering for schools because it was way too fucking hard. Let's just say it's easier to get a fucking job for the district than volunteering (which I did).

aduidarnenye

I don't volunteer. I work all week and am too exhausted by the weekend to do much for myself let alone others. You'll come to the same conclusion in ten years.