+ Reply to Thread
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Another headphone advice question

Looking for a set of over the ears bluetooth headphones that support multi device. Want to be able to use it on my PC, Steamdeck and Galaxy Tab without having to play the pair/unpair game.

I don't need anything that a super audiophile would demand due to hearing loss in my left ear. Just needs to sound good, not amazing as I can't tell the difference.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So I was hesitant to order Beats just because of how "popular" they are. However, I've been incredibly pleased with these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085296FLT...roduct_details

They work with both my Mac and iPhone flawlessly and if I remember to turn them off before putting them away, the battery has a good life too.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I use sony XM4s. i know they do multi-pairing well, plus they're active noise cancelling as a bonus, and battery lasts me an entire day no sweat.
    alternatively, bose qc45s are also fairly good and similar in function from what i've heard, but I have no first-hand experience.

i got mine for air travel, but now i use them when I'm going around the house/walking around town.

worth noting the XM4s aren't great for calls from my experience, but maybe it's a "me" issue. either way.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Audeze Maxwells are perhaps the best general purpose wireless headphones out there rn.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Modoru View Post
    I use sony XM4s. i know they do multi-pairing well, plus they're active noise cancelling as a bonus, and battery lasts me an entire day no sweat.
    alternatively, bose qc45s are also fairly good and similar in function from what i've heard, but I have no first-hand experience.

i got mine for air travel, but now i use them when I'm going around the house/walking around town.

worth noting the XM4s aren't great for calls from my experience, but maybe it's a "me" issue. either way.
    I have the Bose QC Ear Buds, and those are great, but no multi connect, and their pairing software is ass. They bricked a pair for me and had to get them warranty replaced lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Audeze Maxwells are perhaps the best general purpose wireless headphones out there rn.
    Of course these would be backordered till May.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Maxwells are available on Amazon.

Unless you desperately need noise cancelling, they're the best bang for your buck headphones on the market right now disguised as a gaming headset

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

1. In Ear/Over Ear?
    2. Do you want ANC?

For in ear headphones I’d recommend Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless. Audio quality is very good, I am using TW2 which doesn’t support multiconnect but newer ones, TW4 do. Also purchased a pair of Bose QC in ear for wife, she is also very pleased with them. Can’t go wrong w/ either. Heard QC Ultra earbuds are the best out there, with an update recently got multi point but comes with a high price tag. Seems the only viable upgrades for earbuds in your situation since you’ve already got a QC.

Comfort is also important for extended gaming sessions, I found bose slightly more comfortable than the rest. Battery life is more than satisfactory for both of them, with case I don’t remember it being an issue ever. Again, afaik QC’s very recently got an update allowing multiple connections but you may wanna confirm it beforehand.

For over ear, if you are actively seeking a strong noise cancelling QC Ultra are great but then again comes with a high price tag. Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless Over Ear (has multipoint), Sony MX and QC are more budget friendly options.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Over. I got some great ear buds I use for the gym (Bose QC2) as well as typically for flying, but prefer over the ear for longer gaming sessions.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Of course these would be backordered till May.
    https://old.reddit.com/r/hardwareswa..._beyerdynamic/

There's a pair for sale on HardwareSwap rn. I'm putting in an inquiry myself but I'll move out of the way should you be interested in second-hand.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I have the wired version of these and they are super comfortable:

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gami...DKIKX0DER&th=1

Reviews everywhere say they are some of the best out there right now.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

+1 the Maxwells on BGs advice. Best headphones ive ever used and I don't regret my purchase.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Modoru View Post
    I use sony XM4s.
    Seconding these. I have had the XM3s since March 2020. I've tried various Beats, Bose, and Sennheisers over the years, and these are by far the most comfortable headphones I've ever owned. Sound-wise they are easily the equivalent of any pair of Bose headphones that I've ever owned.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag