1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 8 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 hours, 40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Random win: when it's just too good to put in random fail

Came here to post about a thing that happened on gw that is definitely more win than fail, and I see this in random fail followed by a "well we don't have a random win thread..." so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post

Not sure why I put this in fail but w/e Both were in the same Snowcloak run and they both did the same move at the same time (like both did fire both did freeze etc)

When one was dodging left the other was dodging right

No SS for the last part but Palom did LB at the end with a macro saying TWINCAST while Porom was dancing around

Both weapons were Nexus
    So my post. The best thing ever happened on guildwork today:

http://guildwork.com/broadcasts/54af...2aa8398bab40c9 (link to Mr Happy doing an apology video on youtube about "being triggered")

But then, the remix: http://guildwork.com/broadcasts/54af...2aa8398bab5905

or for the direct link:

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

pls stop giving attention to mrhappy

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well this is a terrible idea.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Random win: when it's just too good to put in random fail

I don't know the guy personally so idc bout this much but seriously, the gw comments are rude as fuck. Glad I don't run in that circle or I'd be ashamed.

Don't see what's win about any of this.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

How is this the "best thing ever"? I never understood all the public hatred for Mr Happy ... so what if the guy makes videos and streams games? From what I have seen of him he is an ok guy, makes serviceable strat videos and just does his thing. To each his own I guess, if people want to hate on him because he doesn't do runs the way they do that is their prerogative ... just never got why all the flaming.

Same. He can be a bit of an elitist dick sometimes, but at that level, who can't?

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Isn't the major complaint about Happy is he takes a long time to get to the actual strategy/mechanics of a fight and sometimes his information is incorrect?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

My main observation with Mr. Happy and the people bitching about his videos (not him as a person), is that he actually kills things in his videos while the people bitching need a video to get them through said content that they've yet to complete.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

My main complaint about MrHappy is his voice is almost as annoying as he and his friends were at Fanfest.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Seriously? They fuck with him because he's easy to fuck with and it's hilarious. Welcome to the internet.

The guy went as far as to make an apology video for saying mean words on reddit for christs sake, how do you not fuck with him?

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

His strats are usually shitty, over complicated and his info is bad and the reasoning behind why they do stuff is illogical. However, since he is MrHappy and shits out guides, people watch them and use his shitty strats and then people have to deal with bad pugs using bad strats thinking, HEY BUT MR HAPPY SAID THIS IS WHAT WE DO SO WE DO IT LIKE MR HAPPY SAID.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I never understood why ppl use GW, why would you need a facebook page for your game character /shrug

I like mr.happy's videos, he contributes to the community, don't attribute people being idiots with people using strats that you're not comfortable with so that's automatically a bad thing. In the end, people just love being haters, because they think they're above other people. To me this is just borderline cyberbullying. No, he's not a celebrity or anything, he's one of us, he's a FFXIV player.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    ...However, since he is MrHappy and shits out guides, people watch them and use his shitty strats and then people have to deal with bad pugs using bad strats thinking, HEY BUT MR HAPPY SAID THIS IS WHAT WE DO SO WE DO IT LIKE MR HAPPY SAID.
    I don't hate the guy, I hate the community that he enables. By telling them how to do something instead of why they're doing it (and too much filler; rehearse please).

It's nice to have one strat for everyone to follow. See: the JP community. But we don't always do that and people get their panties in a twist about deviating from a popular established strat.

I'm of the opinion that bitching of this tier is a private thing but to each their own.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

1/9/15 - The day BG became more caring than /r/FFXIV.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    Its actually getting to be pretty sadlarious around here.

Tiger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    I never understood why ppl use GW, why would you need a facebook page for your game character /shrug

I like mr.happy's videos, he contributes to the community, don't attribute people being idiots with people using strats that you're not comfortable with so that's automatically a bad thing. In the end, people just love being haters, because they think they're above other people. To me this is just borderline cyberbullying. No, he's not a celebrity or anything, he's one of us, he's a FFXIV player.
    If you really wanted to go the moral route, he's a human being, not just some other player of FFXIV. To further note, once he engaged in the retaliation of the initial comment on reddit in the manner he did, he brought it upon himself. As I told him there, the smart thing to do was to scoff it off and not bother replying, but he continued anyways to a point where he started taking rl pot-shots because he didn't like the opinion people had of him. But hey, let's discredit discrepancies people here have stated and chalk it up to, "Haters gon' hate." If he's contributing something incorrect, bad strats, or over-complex strats that cross with other players more simple and effective strats, then there's liable to be mass wipes since, like was already stated, "HEY BUT MR HAPPY SAID THIS IS WHAT WE DO SO WE DO IT LIKE MR HAPPY SAID."

Frankly, for a random win thread, there's a lot of obsession on this topic which is making it not very win.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I miss the BlueGartr from when FFXI was in its prime. Can we go back to those days, please?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    I miss the BlueGartr from when FFXI was in its prime. Can we go back to those days, please?
    This isn't advanced, why are you posting in advance? Back to noob forum. Oh, people trolling noob forum? Should have posted in advanced.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marquiss Zenkoji
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

BG is coming close to becoming the Tumblr of Final Fantasy.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

no tumblr is the tumblr of final fantasy have you ever seen the ffxiv tag

+ Reply to Thread