Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Banned.

BG Level

Is this possible: Using Hume perspective on a Taru?

You know how a Tarutaru's view is a lot... uh "shorter" than the other races?

This makes taking SSes a real pain.

Is it possible through .dat swap mumbo-jumbo to make my Tarutaru "see" higher without having to change him from a Taru to another race?

Thanks, and if this needs to be moved to the Tech board, you can do that.

Vhalik

I have but only in a glitch. While falling down a hole or cliff just zoom into first person mode, it happens sometimes.

Isn't there that race changer thing? I'm pretty sure that'd move your camera.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Re: Is this possible: Using Hume perspective on a Taru?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    without having to change him from a Taru to another race?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I want to be able to use RaceChanger to change into a Yovra, so I can see everything from above.

Re: Is this possible: Using Hume perspective on a Taru?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferien
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    without having to change him from a Taru to another race?
    I sure missed that part!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    I want to be able to use RaceChanger to change into a Yovra, so I can see everything from above.
    Didn't someone a while back switch their .dat to Bahamut and roam around Jeuno?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Dat swap rabbit to baha > Use costume belt

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung
    Dat swap rabbit to baha > Use costume belt
    Ahh...makes more sense now. When they did it, their perspective shifted to Bahamut's height, didn't it?

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you could do this, could you also make it so that whenever you lock onto a dhalmel you don't get pointed at its head? That's pretty annoying too. It should just all be a matter of the "center" of your character or the mob right?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Michaera
    If you could do this, could you also make it so that whenever you lock onto a dhalmel you don't get pointed at its head? That's pretty annoying too. It should just all be a matter of the "center" of your character or the mob right?
    Unlock from target then relock. It adjusts the view on the progenitors of the elvaan.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Locking onto a target locks your view at exactly where your target's 'head' was when you locked (where blind/flash/etc effects center themselves). I unlock while fighting Dhalmels and lock when they attack (they swing their head low to the ground). From then on, my view is locked lower and not so damn annoying.

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko
    Locking onto a target locks your view at exactly where your target's 'head' was when you locked (where blind/flash/etc effects center themselves). I unlock while fighting Dhalmels and lock when they attack (they swing their head low to the ground). From then on, my view is locked lower and not so damn annoying.
    I know all about that but I'm lazy. xD I guess it answers my question anyways though. Sounds like it's probably unrelated. Would be nice if you could mess with a dhalmel to tell it that its "head" area was more around its belly all the time.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I know all about that but I'm lazy. xD I guess it answers my question anyways though. Sounds like it's probably unrelated. Would be nice if you could mess with a dhalmel to tell it that its "head" area was more around its belly all the time.
    Sure, if you wanna flash it in the groin.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rentwokay Champignon
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sure, if you wanna flash it in the groin.
    It could prevent it from respawning...