Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

Let's make a list of the best tools for FFXI (Cheat free!)

I guess this could be in the Advice forum. If it matters, you can move it.

Please, no mention about bots or that kind of stuff. Also things like seeing through walls and you know... borderline stuff like that, I don't really want to see in thread, I imagine a flame war starting up over it.

Windower add-ons that don't really go over the line are fine and so are websites that are useful for stuff, but I don't mean database sites like the Wiki. I'll keep the post simple and edit in things as more people post. If you want to discuss the quality/credibility of these tools/sites, you can do that here too.

I'm kind of making a list for friends who are going to be playing soon the PC. I don't use a lot of these, and wouldn't mind finding out a bunch of things I don't know too.

Of course there's windower, which everyone should have:

http://www.windower.net/

Windower Plug-Ins:

-Draw Distance Windower Plug: http://www.windower.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9399

-Distance: http://www.windower.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2049

And for the lulz: Clamming Counter:
    http://ffxi.lokyst.net/clammer/clamming.html

EDIT: Also wouldn't mind some things that make your game run/look better.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

<alla> Windower is a cheat.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ryko
    <alla> Windower is a cheat.
    <alla2>No it's not
    <alla3> deadhorse.gif
    <alla4> why are we wasting time discussing this when we could be getting se to nerf tp burns

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Does anyone else besides me not/rarely use windower because it's too fucking slow to change views with a mouse?

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

The ones that stick out the most in my mind aside from the afore-mentioned Distance would have to be TParty, Advanced Maps, and custom icons.

Also Firas
    BG Level

forecast of this thread:
    1- People ignore the fact that you said no mentioning of bots, and MENTION along with pointing fingers.
    2- Turns into some flame thread, and you will enjoy it anyways.
    But i could be wrong, whatever.

I'm not saying what i like in 3rd party programs, because SE might be reading this, and might hold this as evidence that i use bots still, and ban my ass again haha. As if i use windower ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^;;;;;;;

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Ones I like:
    Wardrobe V3 - change your own gear/race w/o moving dats
    AltanaView - english model viewer
    ApRadar - mini map like one FFassist has but more options
    L-GM - remove collision detection for places like whitegate
    Spell Swapper - change spell around w/o moving dats

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Recast is pretty popular, but I feel it takes some of the challenge out of the game. If you need recast and utsuwatch to be an effective ninja, chances are you're going to be crippled without it. IMHO, plugins should be to make your gaming expierence a bit more enjoyable or less tedious (hi always asking your PT members what their TP is) and not a replacement for what limited skill you need to play a job in FFXI. That being said, I've used recast in the past, and it's pretty useful for busy jobs like a bard that's pulling.

And while it's not really a plugin, teaching your new friends windower macros is a must. A bit complicated at first, but they'll love you for it eventually.[/i]

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fire
    Ones I like:
    Link, please.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

- I always used search keywords for somepage in firefox, so i could type "item bandomusha" and see item stats, "npc maat" to locate an npc, or "mob fafnir" to find out how best to kite it.

- How about Vana'naVi? I don't have a current link, though.

- FFXIAH? Or is that lumped in with the database sites?

- DvsParse?

- FFXI Atlas for those who don't want to edit map .dat's

- A current model viewer (AltanaView was good when I quit.)

Quote Originally Posted by Volken
    Does anyone else besides me not/rarely use windower because it's too fucking slow to change views with a mouse?
    Alt+Tab worked for me for the last year or so that I played... or do you mean ingame? You press 5 on the keypad to change from first- to third-person, and the arrow keys to the left to rotate the view. I might be misunderstanding you, though.

BG Level

GM Flag was also great for pulling, but I don't think Wiccaan ever fixed it after it broke last time.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Keno
    Ones I like:
    Link, please.
    Most can be found Here

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Ichthyos
    Quote Originally Posted by Volken
    Alt+Tab worked for me for the last year or so that I played... or do you mean ingame? You press 5 on the keypad to change from first- to third-person, and the arrow keys to the left to rotate the view. I might be misunderstanding you, though.
    Sorry, I explained it wrong. I never use first person, if I want to look to my right on windower I have to use a key or move my cursor all the fucking way to the edge of the window. On fullscreen, I just barely nudge my mouse to the right (with a little up or down added) and my view turns to exactly what I want to see >_> Is there something to this or am I making myself look like a fool?

Black Belt
    BG Level

People use a mouse to play this game? Seems to be a pain.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius
    Recast is pretty popular, but I feel it takes some of the challenge out of the game. If you need recast and utsuwatch to be an effective ninja, chances are you're going to be crippled without it. IMHO, plugins should be to make your gaming expierence a bit more enjoyable or less tedious (hi always asking your PT members what their TP is) and not a replacement for what limited skill you need to play a job in FFXI. That being said, I've used recast in the past, and it's pretty useful for busy jobs like a bard that's pulling.

And while it's not really a plugin, teaching your new friends windower macros is a must. A bit complicated at first, but they'll love you for it eventually.[/i]
    Recast plugin only made available what is already available but at a convience.

Take out recast and all you'll be doing is spamming the marco till the JA/spell is ready again. How does that equate to being more skillful at playing a job?

BG Level

The arrow keys between the Num-pad and the main keyboard (assuming a standard keyboard) scroll faster than my mouse, and with more control. They work the same in windower as out.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Ones I like:
    Link, please.
    Most can be found Here
    Found it, and if anyone else wants it:

http://home.comcast.net/~wiccaan/downlo ... FXiLGM.rar

Just turn on LGM status and voila. It's client side, no need to worry about detection.

BG Level

Just turn on LGM status and voila. It's client side, no need to worry about detection.
    It was a while ago, but I actually heard that they CAN detect whether or not you have Collision detection on or not (From Wiccaan I think). Its just that they would have to go out of their way to check. Only way they would know to check is if you say something though, or the 1 in a billion chance that they see you pass through a group of players/mobs without slowing down and know enough about the game to look into it.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon
    It was a while ago, but I actually heard that they CAN detect whether or not you have Collision detection on or not (From Wiccaan I think). Its just that they would have to go out of their way to check. Only way they would know to check is if you say something though, or the 1 in a billion chance that they see you pass through a group of players/mobs without slowing down and know enough about the game to look into it.
    Sorry about giving misinformation... I checked it when it ran all it did was change your status to GM, which is only detectable by you. But I am just a script kiddie, so yeah theres probably ways to circumvent that and find out that you're using it, so if anyone has any other info regarding this, please post. I don't want to get banned for this :/

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon
    Sorry about giving misinformation... I checked it when it ran all it did was change your status to GM, which is only detectable by you. But I am just a script kiddie, so yeah theres probably ways to circumvent that and find out that you're using it, so if anyone has any other info regarding this, please post. I don't want to get banned for this :/
    Put up the Taj signal

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast