+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

AGDQ 2016 Jan 3, 2016 - Jan 10, 2016

It's almost that time friends!, I know this thread is kinda early, but the the schedule has been posted!. There is also to note, that there is drama this year

1) First something about registration 40 days late, which let some high runners not being able to register in time.

2) There's some drama about the LLC, which i'll let you read here if you want.

https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/...virginia..html

Schedule : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...E9Xp2E/pubhtml

This might be an interesting year for different reasons

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

That LLC thing was just click-bait.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

it's still so far awaaaay

Anyone else a little offput by this?

1. This sort of action, regardless of intent, will henceforth result in a permanent ban from our events. This is in addition to any legal remedies we may have to perform. The correct action is to notify us directly, privately. We have contact information available on our website.
    If someone was going to do this just to be an asshole, they're going to do it. This event ban isn't going to deter them from doing it

If someone was doing it for the safeguard of the LLC then to try and set an example of them seems a bit. . . odd. You're alienating a user base that's willing to help and even fronted their own money to help and since all it does is just create another hurdle that's easily manageable. The fact that they weren't on top of this shit is their own fault. There's really no excuse for letting it expire.

at the very least it made me review this a bit more

5. This lapse would have no affect on donations, as again, the LLC does not accept donations on behalf of the charities. The charities receive money directly.
    Now this is basic practice because as soon as you start accepting the donations it causes other issues such as whether or not the person actually did a donation and whether or not they can claim it on their taxes as a qualified donation etc etc.

However it makes me wonder how much of the donations are on "behalf of the charities" and how much are just general donations that just end up being routed to the charities. Does anyone know what their Tax ID even is and does their LLC even file as a nonprofit?(can you even file as a non-profit LLC in Virginia?)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Interesting line-up they have there.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    snip
    The administration of GDQ has always been somewhat heavyhanded, and it has increased significantly in severity over the last couple of years (basically coinciding with the explosion of popularity). Whether it's to assert themselves and keep things in line, or whether it's some legal pishposh that I don't care about, it is pretty offputting... but I'm not losing sleep over it and in the end all i care about is watching people run games fast in an entertaining manner with the added feeling of a mass community getogether that is throwing money at a charity.

Just don't fucking try that shit that you tried in 2014 again with the "let's not show the audience or community because it takes away from the runners" bullshit because that is fucking ridiculous and no one bought for a second that it was the real reason. People watch these marathons for the audience/announcer/runner interaction just as much (if not moreso) as for the speedruns themselves. Don't balls it up by being fucktarded. So help me Uyama. So help me.

Didn't they end up banning that Fire Emblem runner from ATTENDING all AGDQ events because his run was poor due to not being able to overcome poor RNG on char stats? (I can't remember but I do remember he had a good sonic racing run iirc wasn't a bad runner just didn't deal well with the RNG at the time.) That was probably the biggest thing that threw me off ages ago. Not to mention didn't they make her one of the head people AFTER this incident? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsSNh23SwPw When she de-railed from the game being ran to be a goddamn attention whore about the knitting and completely threw the runner off. I remember him making a statement about how awkward and upsetting that whole situation was for him.

I think if they didn't have their popularity pushing them at this point and the fact that this is probably the only popular platform for gamers to flock to that their organization and leadership skills would have crashed them. Maybe I'm just a cynic though. I do think that some cat is going to be out of some bag eventually with the organization but to phrase it that generally I might as well be miss Cleo. Too many red flags everywhere and holes they dig themselves into.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Was the dude who was making suicidal comments during his Bandicoot 2 run at the last GDQ permanently banned? Can't remember.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Was the dude who was making suicidal comments during his Bandicoot 2 run at the last GDQ permanently banned? Can't remember.
    Don't think so because iirc he did a 2nd game the same sgdq

That was another poorly handled incident. The jokes were relevant to the game being played and tried to add value. The fact that they catered to the trolls and the SJWs was disgusting. None of what the guy said was bad or offensive however some of it was kind of forced. They tried way too hard to make it seem like these jokes were like deliberate attacks when none of them came remotely close.

BG Level

Small reminder, this starts Sunday!

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Body. Ready.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

First agdq I'm gonna watch live, been watching zfg and majinphil on twitch for the past 2 weeks getting ready for their runs, so looking forward to the zelda segment.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My body is ready for one major thing there... 4 way majora's mask 100% race!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    My body is ready for one major thing there... 4 way majora's mask 100% race!
    It's not a 4 way race, it's a co-op speedrun, majinphil explained in his stream that each of the 4 runners will run each 1/4 segment they are best at in the run, still major HYPE! though :D.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Still hype!

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

They have all the intro stuff to get through first, but it just went live, for people that may have forgot this was starting.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

GDI jp FFRK! Looked at schedule thinking it started at 1:30 AM tomorrow, turned out it was reading the JST setting on my tablet, which is set for jp FFRK. Thank god I found this out before Super Mario 64 run.

BG Level

Almost time for hype block

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast