Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PLD HNM     submit to reddit submit to twitter

PLD HNM

Hey guys, just hit 73 last night, and was curious about a few things. First off what do your PLD (If they don't have Koenig) use as a combination of adaman and AF, I got excited and bought full adaman, but I know there is a better combination. And second, I got a jelly ring, but it seems like that +5% Magic damage could really hurt if a Aga slipped through the stun line. Any help would be great thanks. ^^

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Back when I wore Jelly Ring more I had a macro to equip and unequip it... if I saw a spell being casted I hit the Unequip, then put it back on soon as spell was either casted or interrupted.

I used full Adaman minus the head (looks horrible) just cause I preferred the +Enmity and +VIT and more DEF... and the looks and consistancy, etc.

I myself don't like the adaman that much, I use the combination of AF and Keonig (2/5). Keonig Schaller, AF body, Keonig Hands, AF legs, AF feet, is what I equip on a regular basis. Just my opinion on it.

The new JSE isn't muh greater either.

here's an Old post that was brought up on Adaman vs AF http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1178

macro'ing the Rings, (BQ and Jelly) is a really good idea, can also do this with certain setup's if you carry all the gear. Just hit a macro to equip the appropriate gear for the battle you are going into.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I don't really like adaman. The only adaman pieces are the ones that are a step above AF, which are the head and the feet (feet only for staff). The legs I don't like that much because it doesn't have that 15 HP that the AF does.

Wow, 15HP is THAT important for PLDs? O_o

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

um...notice price difference between Pigeon and Pigeon +1 earring?...yes Id say so O:

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

HP is everything to us. I don't wear Bomb Queen Ring, Cassie Earring, Behemoth Mantle, AF body, etc. for no reason.

HP allows more time for WHMs to keep you alive and avoid being one-shotted.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I go for the HP. Being a Hume I have a max HP of 1534 and still missing some items which I either can't find(Ocean Sash) or can't afford(Marine M Boots). Its personal preference really. Most PLD go for HP, but some I know go for the Defense and Enmity of Adaman. The ultimate mix of both is Koenigs, minus the enmity but I think anybody would take that kind of VIT, Defense and HP over enmity.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I skipped out on adaman all the way up to 75 where I got into BG. Imo I think adaman is a waste if you're trying to go for HP (you should be). The defense is higher than AF1 if my memory serves me correctly and has nice enmity...but it just didn't look good man 8)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

i use a combo of AF, Adaman, and Koenig. AF Body and Legs, Koenig hands, and Adaman Head and Feet. If i get the Koenig head, i'll switch to that.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

GA RU kA PLD ONRI