Closed Thread
Page 1 of 203 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim | VR (Vive/PSVR)

Elder Scrolls V Set To Be A Continuation Of Oblivion

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...-Oblivion.html

According to a report from Eurogamer Denmark, Bethesda Game Studios is already into production on Elder Scrolls V and it's a direct sequel of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, continuing the story from the previous game that was set in the verdant realm of Cyrodiil.

The translation of the report, which was derived from an unspecified source, published on Eurogamer's English site reads as follows: "This source not only confirmed that the game is in current production, but also spoke briefly about the content - with fantasy-sounding phrases like Dragon Lord, something with The Blades - and that voice acting for the characters in the game is currently happening in the weeks to follow.

"The same source confirmed, with official game documents in hand, that this will be the chronological sequel to what happened in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which is the latest game in the now 16-years-old Elder Scrolls saga and by itself one of the better RPGs for PC and consoles."

So, there it is then. Elder Scrolls V is coming and as soon as Bethesda officially reveal it, chances are the game's release might be just around the corner if comments from Executive Producer Todd Howard prove to be true: "One thing I can say is that from when you first hear about it to when it's out will be the shortest it's been for us. It's pretty far along. When we show it, we want to show a lot, because there's a lot of game there to play right now."

Howard went on to reveal that the game is running on a heavily modified version of the Fallout 3 engine, stating that, "Fallout 3 technically does a lot more than Oblivion. The new stuff is an even bigger jump from that. I can say it is on the existing platforms, which we're really happy with. You almost feel like you have a new console when you see the game."

Wow. Bold words indeed. Naturally, we'll be keeping our eye peeled for further Elder Scrolls V news in the hopefully near future, so stay tuned.

Continuation is great and all but why this?
    Howard went on to reveal that the game is running on a heavily modified version of the Fallout 3 engine, stating that, "Fallout 3 technically does a lot more than Oblivion. The new stuff is an even bigger jump from that. I can say it is on the existing platforms, which we're really happy with. You almost feel like you have a new console when you see the game."
    Bugs, bugs everywhere.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

don't care. they can have my money. oblivion was (and still is) endlessly entertaining. Just doing random shit and seeing what you can get away with is amazing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    don't care. they can have my money. oblivion was (and still is) endlessly entertaining. Just doing random shit and seeing what you can get away with is amazing.
    This. You can do basically anything in the game. While I'll never finish it because I get wrapped into so much side stuff, I will enjoy the game and look forward to it

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    I guess you're right because no matter how ugly the character models will look. Mods will be there to fix it like in Oblivion.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

i need it. NOW.

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Oh great another game to put 200hrs in and still not finish, day one buy

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Can we please get a new engine? I'm tired of the fallout ass-shaking syndrome while walking or "jogging".

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Can't wait for all dem bugs and 2005 graphics.

New Odin
    BG Level

If the characters are as ugly as in Oblivion... fuck it. 5 hours spent in character creator and I still looked pretty damn hideous.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They better have fucking improved how character models looked. Also, need better (like much better) combat mechanics. Gimme shit that feels rewarding to get better at and stats that feel more meaningful.

Also character customization. Find out where the APB guys went and sign them a very large check to do it again. I'd like to not have to edit models manually in blender and/or use mods to visually modify my characters in any meaningful way.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Think it's a given character models will be ugly, that just comes w/the territory

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    If the characters are as ugly as in Oblivion... fuck it. 5 hours spent in character creator and I still looked pretty damn hideous.
    PC version = day one buypirate.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    PC version = day one buypirate.
    Yeah, gotta wait for the mods..

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Seriously, engine is fucking dated Bethesda, write a new one rather than plugging away and adding new memory leaks/crashes to the old one.

Probably will end up buying the game regardless, as I probably will New Vegas, when the price drops. ;/

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    this post is better if you don't realize the spoiler tag is part of your sig

276 combined hours to 99.9% completion in Oblivion and Shivering Isles, cannot. fucking. wait.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Wow, I figured Bethesda would have ended up using Tech5 for Elder Scrolls 5/Fallout 4. Never could get into Oblivion, but hopefully this one will grab me.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Think it's a given character models will be ugly, that just comes w/the territory
    And my money staying with me just comes with the territory. I'm not paying for a 2002 game with a new plot.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I remember hearing that they were working on an Elder Scrolls MMO? Is this what we are getting instead?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Shittttttttttttttttt. I love you Bethesda

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 203 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast