+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: BG Kids Thread!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Cassalot

BG Kids Thread!

I've noticed that there seems to be a lot of parents on BG now so I made a thread for people to post pics of their kids, have discussions, ask questions, etcetc. Even welcomed to post pics of your nieces/nephews and... grandkids. (Is there any grandparents on BG?)

I'll start off with a pic of our daughter !

And a question:

Is it normal for a 2 month old to eat nearly 40 ozs of formula a day? It seems like we feed her every hour if she's not napping/sleeping. We've read that babies who sleep a lot cluster feed when they wake up. At first it was about 30 ozs but it's been slowly increasing. We would love to get her on solids but she cant hold her head up steadily yet.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

i want to thank you for making this thread so i never have to click it again and hopefully people stop posting pictures of the aliens that came out of their insides elsewhere on the forums

Cassalot

hahaha I felt as though not everyone in the RL picture thread wanted to see pics of everyone's kids.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...xi/KidsDSN.jpg

Such a nice big brother, passing along my original DS to his lil sis once he got his 3DSXL for xmas.

My wife's not a gamer, so this kills her.

Daughter just turned 2 last week, son turns 5 in June. Crazy how time passes- I quit FFXI when the first came along.

Cassalot

Your daughter has so much hair!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Cassalot, 40oz seems very normal. She should be drinking about 4-6oz every 2 hoursish with a longer break between feedings at night.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Cassalot View Post
    Is it normal for a 2 month old to eat nearly 40 ozs of formula a day? It seems like we feed her every hour if she's not napping/sleeping. We've read that babies who sleep a lot cluster feed when they wake up. At first it was about 30 ozs but it's been slowly increasing. We would love to get her on solids but she cant hold her head up steadily yet.
    Pretty sure that's normal for a formula baby. They tend to go through growth spurts in threes (3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, etc.). So you will see a lot of cluster feeding. Corben is going through the three months one atm and my tits are so sore. ;_;

I wouldn't rush to solids btw. I know when my daughter was born they said to use the cereal at 4 months, then start solids at 6. Now I am reading to just skip the cereal and start solids at 6 since cereal has like zero nutritional value. They initally had people do it to help kids learn how to eat with the spoon and the cereal is easy on their tummies. But kids don't really need it to train so might as well skip it.

Plus it's a lot messier...lol

/random kid pic
    [edit]

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

First pic of our first kid. I know this kind of thing is annoying, but I'm posting it anyway.
    Spoiler: show

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Best thing to happen since the separation of the MLP from the Random Image Thread.

Thank you based Cassalot

now if only more ladies posted in RLP thread

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

i'll be a granduncle by year's end. twice over. i hope to visit the little tykes often, but we'll see. they're several hundred miles away, and my health is fluctuating pretty severely.

Cassalot

A growth spurt makes sense.. I did a little research and I read that sometimes when a baby is going through a growth spurt they get real fussy at meal time. Has issues latching, or just cries while trying to eat. She been doing that a lot lately. Guessing she's going through the 6-8 weeks spurt. Makes so much sense because she did do this the first month. We're very fortunate she's still sleeping through the night and not waking up to feed.

I can't imagine breast feeding when she's eating this much. Much props to you ksandra. And honestly to anyone who breast feeds. It's such a dedication and i really give it to people who can do it with no formula. I am not one of those people lol. I tried but having a c section-- the cramps during breast feeding it really hurt my incision.

@Galois: congrats! :D

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

since this now exists, i would like to volunteer to moderate the RL pics thread, so i can slap those who post kids with zero fucks given. you got your thread, use it

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

also, kas, you are required by the law of all that is holy to post pics of your adorable-as-shit daughter, so i can start to form operation pull broads at disneyland

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    also, kas, you are required by the law of all that is holy to post pics of your adorable-as-shit daughter, so i can start to form operation pull broads at disneyland
    Just use this pic and be like, let me sex you up so you too can have one of these:

Also, you come this way and we'll for sure do disney with ya.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Your daughter has so much hair!
    Friends have suggested dressing her in an aerobics leotard on Halloween to go as Richard Simmons, but her curls have loosened up a bit; my son used to have very tight curls in the back as well.

As others said, the amount of formula is appropriate, I wouldn't be concerned about over feeding unless she starts having issues keeping it down, but it is too soon to introduce solids.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I can't imagine breast feeding when she's eating this much. Much props to you ksandra. And honestly to anyone who breast feeds. It's such a dedication and i really give it to people who can do it with no formula. I am not one of those people lol. I tried but having a c section-- the cramps during breast feeding it really hurt my incision.
    Thanks, I am going through this issue atm where he now refuses to take a bottle. I used to have to supplement, but then I was able to produce enough so stopped with the formula. Went out for a bunch of hours while the in laws were watching him and gave them pumped milk. He wouldn't take any of it. We're trying to reintroduce it so I can go back to subbing, but so far he just screams to high heaven.
    Whenever we do I think I may throw some formula in there at night. I hear they sleep better that way, and so far he still wakes up like 3 times at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar View Post
    Friends have suggested dressing her in an aerobics leotard on Halloween to go as Richard Simmons,
    hahaha that would be so awesome!

I gotta figure out what I am doing for halloween this year for the two of them. Initially I was planning on her picking what she wants, but she may not be able to express herself enough for that. Friend wants to do a pair costume with her so we'll see. I was thinking of making my boy Willy Wonka, but I am going to wait another year to do it so I can make the costume look better since he'll be bigger (plus standing up).

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

amelia earhart for the adorable one and the lindbergh baby for the little one.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    amelia earhart for the adorable one and the lindbergh baby for the little one.
    Lmfao, please do this. It's funny, and the costume would be cute as hell on your daughter.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

hmmm how the fuck would I make that recognizable...

Also, that may piss the friend off if I do a pair with my kids and not his. He asks me about it all the time, he really wants her and his kid to match, I promised if she doesn't pick something we would do something together. hmmm too bad howard hughes isn't really recognizable either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast