+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

3 Day Trip to SanFran - What to Do

Alright you kool kidz. I'll be in the SanFran area this Thanksgiving Weekend.

Sell me on some neat shit to do with the main chick. Coming from Miami so better be good.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Can't go wrong with pier 39 and fishermans wharf. If you have a car, there is a sake brewery in Berkeley that's pretty cool. No clue though if they are open this weekend. It's going to be cold by California standards (low 60's) so dress warmly. Also if you are a wine drinker and have a car, take the drive up to Napa. If you drive across the golden gate, it only takes fastrak so make sure you pick up the toll option on your rental.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

If you have any questions, pm me and I'll respond as soon as I can. I will be leaving for Disneyland around 2pm pst so try to get any questions in before.

Won't he be too busy playing DOTA or w/e the fuck gay shit it is he plays that's not Arma?

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

four posts into a thread about San Francisco and we're already taking about faggots and gay shit, nice work guys!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Golden Gate Park's worth looking at and the Academy of Sciences if you're into that. Deyoung Museum's not bad, either.

No shortage of decent places to eat. If you're a foodie, various restaurants they've shown on various programs are there.

Blue Bottle coffee is not bad, either.

I think an Art Museum would be good, and one can never go wrong with food.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Bay area is kind of large so just how far do you plan on being willing to go?

We'll actually be staying right near the bay, on Grant Ave, south of Chinatown (we'll probably go there, cuz Chinatown). We'll be renting a car as well, and we'll def hang out at Pier 39.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Walk through financial district / china town.
    Find the guy who has a restaurant partly inside and outside.
    Eat his food.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    We'll actually be staying right near the bay, on Grant Ave, south of Chinatown (we'll probably go there, cuz Chinatown). We'll be renting a car as well, and we'll def hang out at Pier 39.
    If you love fortune cookies, there's a place in china town down an alley that makes them. You can also make your own fortune that they will put in a cookie for you to buy. You can also buy bags of the rejects (typically broken) for a stupidly low price. If you want to score nookie points, the custom fortune cookie is an awesome idea.

Here, decided to be unlazy and find the link. It's in Ross Alley. Easy to miss if you are not paying attention. It quite really is a hole in the wall place.

http://www.sanfranciscochinatown.com...unecookie.html

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Golden Gate Park is pretty awesome, the Japanese Tea Gardens adn the sciencey museum thing there were tight. Hade Asbhury is fun to stroll down if you like pot, tattoos, homeless people, or graffiti.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Never been there (really want to though), but I heard the California Academy of Sciences in the Golden Gate Park is pretty cool. There's also the Walt Disney family museum in the Presidio if you're into that.

Before you leave, go to the Golden Gate Bakery and get some egg tarts. You won't regret it.

By the way, if you want an adventure, you can try driving around west Oakland at night. (no don't do it)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah walking around parts of Oakland have been about the only time I've been apprehensive of my surroundings. Fun times

Anyways shame you sticking just to the city. Should really check out sonoma/napa counties if you get a chance

We just might hit Napa as well, is Saturday a good day for that? We're really doing this shit nothing planned, doing it as we go but good to have some ideas beforehand. So far really dig most of the suggestion, gotta run a list later of all that's been mentioned. Except Oakland, if Chappell taught me anything, it's not to go to Oakland. Even as a cuban.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Saturday should be a good day for wine tasting. Can't see why they wouldn't be open as it's the holidays and wine is a great gift to give someone.

Also there is one reason to go to Oakland. Homeroom Mac N' Cheese. Place makes some damn good Mac n' cheese.

http://homeroom510.com/

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If you fancy good views, drive through the Prisido and south down Ocean Beach. Find Fort Point, Chrissy Field, and Chestnut St (where you can find more good eats)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Realize this is quite a bump, but I'm flying to San Fransisco tonight. Gonna stay a couple days then drive down to LA and San Diego til we have to go back to San fransisco on saturday. If anyone wants to link up and do fun stuffs. It's just me and my friend (24-25 yr old dudes). We'll be renting a nice ass car and plan on getting bottle service for a night or two.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'll be going again soon myself. Any other stuff to do aside from typical touristy stuff?

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Botosi View Post
    plan on getting bottle service for a night or two.
    ROFL. Just go to whatever idiotic place pops up when you google "Best Club in San Francisco"