+ Reply to Thread
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Anyone know a professional plumber? (and also a home repair person?)

We got the home inspection report for the house we are in escrow on. Things seem normal except two areas. My realtor wanted them to get checked by professionals to see if we need a seller's credit, however, I can't seem to find anyone to come out to look at them. More than likely because I don't own the home yet so the people don't think it's worth their time to come out for an estimate.

So I thought I'd ask bg regarding these two issues to see if someone may know a professional as to their best guess on what's going on.

First item: Home inspector noticed there is some weird piping going on at the water heater leading to the washer.

All faucets etc. were in working condition when tested.

Second item: Two bathroom vents were blowing air out rather than sucking in.

My bigger concern is the piping, but I have zero clue about that stuff, so maybe it's strange but some people just do it?

Second item I'm not concerned about at all, online says that it costs about $300 to replace the vents, and that's not worth a seller's credit imo as we are getting a good deal on the home as is. I may have to do it myself somehow, however, as the repair people I've called have said it's too small a job for them to bother with.

Plumbers won't bother coming out to look until I own the place.

If someone knows someone who is a professional, please show them the image above. Maybe they can give some better feedback on whether this is a red flag or not.

If the water pressure is still good and you're not seeing any contamination, I wouldn't worry about it too much. It seems more like whomever set that didn't want deal with getting pipes bent to fit or maybe even preferred a more flexible solution for the location. In time, you may need to replace the black rubber lines, but it's also possible they'll last comfortably for years.

My biggest concern is the one at the water tank with all the build up or possible corrosion. Like the others, it was probably a cost saving move when a new tank got installed, but aside from the possibility of that line going bad, it'll be okay just like the others.

/notaprothough

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

i'd be worried about that accordion piping if it was under a sink. Still might want to pay for a plumber to come do an inspection.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

i'm not surprised people told you they wouldn't bother with the vent thing... as it's likely just the fan installed backwards. a few screws, pop the fan out, pop it back in facing the right way, put the screws back, should be all there is to it. obv im not there so i can't say for sure but that's my first guess.

plumbing... that doesn't look like a major issue. certainly not an urgent issue. While i wouldn't leave those parts there for more than a few years, they'll be fine for long enough to get the sale done. Try to trace all the lines you can, see where they come from and go to. knowing where your water comes in is important anyway.

not really an expert on any of this or anything, but in my lifetime my parents have always owned their own homes, which i helped to maintain, so i picked up some general stuff.

anyway, definitely get a plumber in to check things out when you can, but i doubt it'll be anything super concerning.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Reddit doesn't seem too concerned about it either. Sounds like it was a silly way to fix an old pipe, but it's still a functional fix. That makes me feel better. I'll probably still get a plumber out after the home purchase to fix it, but considering we're getting a good deal on the home, it doesn't seem worth it for a seller's credit.