+ Reply to Thread
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Help me find a bomb laptop deal

My HP Pavillion DV7t laptop from like 2011 just died. It was kind of a beast when I got it, because I wanted something that could play new PC games.

But now I have two kids so lol that shit isn't happening anymore.

Basically what we use it for is sporadic internet / word processing, and very frequent tv and movie downloads and streaming via HDMI to my living room tv.

So, other than an HDMI out and a reasonably sized hard drive, my needs are pretty slim.

It's been 6 years, so I'm not exactly current with what would be a good deal anymore. Probably no need to pay more than $500, but I'd entertain sub-$250 ones as well if you think they would meet my needs.

Hit me.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

http://slickdeals.net/deals/computer...=newest&page=1

Bookmark the site, you'll probably find other things there besides tech crap. Take a look around in there, read the comments, and see what is customizable. This last round of hardware upgrades saw nvidia bring some serious power to laptop gfx, so much so that all previous gens look weak in comparison (it's desktop grade with little to no comprises, their power usage is seriously low with their 1000 series). This has made last gen stuff a bit cheaper now, so you should find decent deals.

You can also look on dell, hp, lenovo outlet sites. These have used normal or off-lease business machines with older hardware that is fine for typical usage at low cost. There's a few advice threads in this section you can look at as well.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Newegg sent a Refurbished Email earlier today with some prospects that may suit you.

This particular one stood out to me from quick glances and fits your basic needs. Dell Latitude E5250

BG Level

Ordered this one, seems like it will work fine. May upgrade to SSD and or more RAM at some point.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Thanks guys.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

glad to help

BG Level

Ok, got this yesterday, seems pretty dope. Need to switch my 16GB of RAM from my old laptop into it (only came with 4). Man SSDs have gotten way cheaper eh? 120 gigs for under $50? Tempting...

Although I'm not exactly sure how you go about installing Windows on a new drive, I thought they used to send it on a disc with a new computer, that's not a thing anymore? Do you guys usually clone or start from scratch?

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Most now stick the recovery software on the hard drive and you have to burn your own recovery disk, or contact the manufacturer and pay like 25 bucks for them to mail you the recover software.

BG Level

Ah ok. Cheap bastards.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin